Language Learning Goals after Relocation

General discussion about learning languages
Decidida
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (sidelined), Haitian Creole (beginner), Latin (forgotten), Ancient Greek (sidelined)

Re: Language Learning Goals after Relocation

Postby Decidida » Tue May 26, 2020 5:59 am

lavengro wrote:
Decidida wrote:....Me, little me, finds myself in places that I don't dare talk about for fear of being called a liar....
Unless you were to say "Narnia" I promise I would not call you a liar. But I strongly suspect I would not entirely believe you....

Sometimes I don't believe myself. LOL. I once sobbing asked a social worker if she had seen a certain event on the news and to please clarify that least that part was real. If it is impossible then it cannot happen, right? Whether you have pictures and memories or not, impossible can't happen. This virus is interesting me. None of us totally believe this is happening. Not really. Not all the time. I watch and listen to people, fascinated to watch how people process the impossible and surreal and horrible. Sometimes I forget the virus entirely or just ... don't believe it enough to act like i believe it.
0 x

Decidida
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (sidelined), Haitian Creole (beginner), Latin (forgotten), Ancient Greek (sidelined)

Re: Language Learning Goals after Relocation

Postby Decidida » Tue May 26, 2020 6:18 am

iguanamon wrote:Sometimes the opportunities are too much. ...The fact is, at present, the opportunity to learn those languages doesn't motivate me.

It's self-motivation that plays the most important part in language-learning. ... The main thing is to have the motivation.

Also, you should try to learn at least one language to a high level- at least B2.

Ultimately, do what you want to do for you .

So many good points here. THANK YOU!

Too many opportunities. Yes. I have more opportunities than i can take advantage of.

What do I WANT to do? And what will benefit ME?

Yup, I did not get to B2 with anything yet. I do want to do THAT, even more than study a specific language.

Thanks! Sometimes people have said the same thing, but sometimes I need to hear something at the right TIME and in the right WAY for it to get my full attention.

I really do think that what I want, more than anything, is to get to a higher LEVEL. I need to think about what language will be easiest to get to B2 for ME with the resources that I HAVE this YEAR.

Sorry for so many all-caps, but this post really narrowed me down.
3 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”