Wiring Your Kids' Brains for Success (Stuart Jay Raj)

General discussion about learning languages
ryanheise
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Japanese (beginner)

Wiring Your Kids' Brains for Success (Stuart Jay Raj)

Postby ryanheise » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm

In this video, Stuart Jay Raj considers instilling in his daughter the same brain wiring lessons that his grandfather instilled into him at a young age. I've always been fascinated hearing Stuart talk about his own upbringing with his grandfather, and so it was interesting to hear him talk about taking on his grandfather's role to help shape the minds of the next generation.

One thing that strikes you about Stuart is that he connects with language, music and just about all of his other talents "emotionally" rather than cerebrally. He will embed music and language into the body and connect it with colours and sensations so that it becomes part of him and automatic.

Stuart's brain is certainly wired for success, and I believe that with his passion, he can inspire the younger generation and instill a way of thinking in them. But for adults who may not have had the same upbringing, can we learn how to wire our brains in this way? I haven't had much success with this, though I have tried, although I think if I had someone like Stuart Jay Raj or his grandfather there to provide constant inspiration and thought provocation, I might find it a lot easier to develop those emotionally charged connections.

Well, at least we have his videos for inspiration :-)
3 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”