Learning-with-texts

General discussion about learning languages
Tristano
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: Italian
Speaks: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
Understands but not yet speaks: Romanian
Studies: German
Can't wait to put his hands on: Scandinavian languages, Slavic languages, Turkish, Arabic and other stuff
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5141

Re: Learning-with-texts

Postby Tristano » Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am

In my case I never used it because I was too lazy to install it, but don't miss the technical knowledge. Don't need to use a cloud service though, traditional hosting services also do the trick if they allow remote connections. But yes, good point.

I think that themethod had a different problem. If he could reset the database it means that the container was actually running.
0 x

themethod
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Russian (Upper Intermediate), Spanish (Upper Intermediate)

Postby themethod » Sun May 03, 2020 2:38 pm

rdearman wrote:You should also make sure that the connect.inc.php file (I included it in the github files) is inside of the lwt_html directory.

The DB is installed on your local machine, so you didn't lose the data, just the connection to the DB. So a restart of both containers should fix the problem. This has happened to me also, so I'm pretty confident that was the problem.

Unfortunately, I had already rebuilt it, and using the above commands didn't seem to accomplish anything after the fact. It just showed some code then stopped doing anything, even after letting it sit there for 30 minutes or so.

But like I said, it's working now, and I really didn't lose very much. I had only uploaded like 2 texts and read a page out of one of them. At least now I know what to do if I get that error again in the future.

When it happened, Docker wouldn't open at all, and I have no idea how to navigate the command line without help. Probably should've posted for help here instead, but oh well. Lesson learned.
0 x

lwt
Languages: english

Postby lwt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:05 pm

PS C:\Users\a\MyDocker> docker-compose up lwt
Starting mydocker_db_1 ... done
Creating mydocker_lwt_1 ... error

ERROR: for mydocker_lwt_1 Cannot create container for service lwt: status code not OK but 500:  ˙˙˙˙  FDocker.Core, Version=3.0.0.50646, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Docker.Core.DockerException ClassNameMessageDataInneWatsonBuckets  System.Collections.IDictionarySystem.Excepti  Docker.Core.DockerException Filesharing has been cancelled

Ś at Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing.<DoShareAsync>d__8.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Mounting\FileSharing.cs:line 0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing.<ShareAsync>d__6.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Mounting\FileSharing.cs:line 55
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.HttpApi.Controllers.FilesharingController.<ShareDirectory>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.HttpApi\Controllers\FilesharingController.cs:line 21
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__1`1.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
 Ł8
MoveNext
Docker.ApiServices, Version=3.0.0.50646, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing+<DoShareAsync>d__8
Void MoveNext() € Docker.ApiServices

ERROR: for lwt Cannot create container for service lwt: status code not OK but 500:  ˙˙˙˙  FDocker.Core, Version=3.0.0.50646, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Docker.Core.DockerException ClassNameMessageDataInnerExceptionHelpURWatsonBuckets  System.Collections.IDictionarySystem.Excepti  Docker.Core.DockerException Filesharing has been cancelled

Ś at Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing.<DoShareAsync>d__8.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Mounting\FileSharing.cs:line 0
at Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing.<ShareAsync>d__6.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Mounting\FileSharing.cs:line 55
at Docker.HttpApi.Controllers.FilesharingController.<ShareDirectory>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-15077\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.HttpApi\Controllers\FilesharingController.cs:line 21
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__1`1.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
 Ł8
MoveNext
Docker.ApiServices, Version=3.0.0.50646, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Docker.ApiServices.Mounting.FileSharing+<DoShareAsync>d__8
Void MoveNext() € Docker.ApiServices
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
PS C:\Users\a\MyDocker>
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 am

You have a problem with Docker. You need to go to the docker forums or docker.org and ask for help.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

kundalini
Orange Belt
Languages: English (C), Greek (low intermediate)

Postby kundalini » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Has anyone successfully installed LWT using Docker on a Mac? Theoretically, it shouldn't matter, but I'm getting an error message from the Apache server. I suspect it may have something to do with the Docker log below, but I'm not sure.

Code: Select all

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Code: Select all

[autoindex:error] [pid 18] [client 172.18.0.1:56758] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
0 x
Iliad: 12 / 24

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

It sounds like a permissions issue in the docker system. It copies the files from your host so you can either copy the files again and make sure the directories have r/w permissions on all directories and files. Or you can log into the docker instance, and change the permissions on the already copied files.

Did you follow the instructions exactly?

https://github.com/rdearman/LWT_Docker

Also raise and issue on the github and I'll try to help you there, rather than supporting it here.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

chove
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), German (intermediate), Polish (some).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9355

Postby chove » Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 pm

[Deleted the post, I don't think I'm up to this level of technology :oops: ]
Last edited by chove on Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

chove
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), German (intermediate), Polish (some).

Postby chove » Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm

0 x

mcthulhu
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native); strong reading skills - Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Serbo-Croatian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Slovene, Farsi; fair reading skills - Polish, Czech, Dutch, Esperanto, Portuguese; beginner/rusty - Swedish, Norwegian, Danish

Postby mcthulhu » Mon May 10, 2021 7:35 pm

There are alternatives, both online (ReadLang, LingQ, etc.) and on the desktop (FLTR, Jorkens...). ReadLang might be the easiest?
0 x

chove
Green Belt

Postby chove » Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pm

mcthulhu wrote:[Deleted the post, I don't think I'm up to this level of technology :oops: ]

There are alternatives, both online (ReadLang, LingQ, etc.) and on the desktop (FLTR, Jorkens...). ReadLang might be the easiest?

Eventually I managed to work out the method where you run Easy PHP, I was very surprised by myself there! It confused me at first because the Easy-PHP download offered two different things, and then the LWT zip is inside another zip and I hadn't opened the both of them :oops:
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”