Legacy Glossika Indonesian?

General discussion about learning languages
Koneho
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Tagalog (Best) Spanish (Second Best) Mandarin (Clasroom Commands only)

Legacy Glossika Indonesian?

Postby Koneho » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Anyone have the Legacy Glossika Indonesian? I quite like Glossika and used his methods back in 2016 and 2017. However right before I moved to the PH they switched to this model that I can't quite afford. I bought and paid for spanish tagalog and dutch, (never used the dutch one). It is by far my favorite thing to do. I enjoy listening to the sentences over and over and over and understanding more and more.
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Legacy Glossika Indonesian?

Postby rdearman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm assuming you mean purchase a used copy.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Koneho
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Tagalog (Best) Spanish (Second Best) Mandarin (Clasroom Commands only)

Postby Koneho » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Correcto. I have my receipts showing that I bought and paid for the original Glossika release before the switch to the subscription model. I like Mike, I'm just priced out of it as a wandering ESL teacher with his 30 usd / month price point. I also don't like the GSR method but the linear progression of his GMS method (which has been killed). I've seen a few users here who appear to have purchased it once upon a time. Hoping to get hand-me-downs.
4 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:13 pm

The problem with buying used Glossika courses is that they were PDF/MP3 downloads. I don’t think those are usually legally transferable, are they? The original owner could easily sell it and still keep a copy. From what I understand, electronic files like e-books and music belong to the purchaser for life and can’t be sold on.
1 x

Querneus
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: Spanish (N), English
Studying: Latin, French, Mandarin

Postby Querneus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:The problem with buying used Glossika courses is that they were PDF/MP3 downloads. I don’t think those are usually legally transferable, are they? The original owner could easily sell it and still keep a copy. From what I understand, electronic files like e-books and music belong to the purchaser for life and can’t be sold on.

They were sold in physical form as well.
3 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Ser wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:The problem with buying used Glossika courses is that they were PDF/MP3 downloads. I don’t think those are usually legally transferable, are they? The original owner could easily sell it and still keep a copy. From what I understand, electronic files like e-books and music belong to the purchaser for life and can’t be sold on.

I didn’t know that. I only ever saw them as PDF/MP3 downloads. I know you could get printed versions of the books in addition, but I didn’t know the audio was ever available other than as MP3’s. If it is physical media, it should be legal to resell.
0 x

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: Esperanto
Maintaining: nada
Tested:
BCS, 1+L/1+R (DLPT5, 2022)
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Ser wrote:

Well, I don't think the audio was sold in physical form. I bought the Serbian and got physical books but downloadable mp3. I would never sell the mp3. But the books, yes. (In fact, they're available if anyone wants them. Only half-joking.)
0 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Return to “General Language Discussion”