Suggestions for additions

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
SladeWilson
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), French (starting over), Esperanto (beginner - abandoned) Biblical Greek (beginner - on hold or abandoned)

Re: Suggestions for additions

Postby SladeWilson » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Cavesa wrote:Something like the old forum tags listing the languages and topics but preferably more visible. Does it sound like a useless nonsense? It may be so, I know.

Thread prefixes would be a great addition, and I think would accomplish the goal you have in mind pretty well.
0 x
COURSE LOAD
New French with Ease - Assimil: 0 / 113
I previously completed 30 from 113 of Assimi's New French with Ease lessons.
I will start the lessons over since I abandoned them long ago.

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:05 pm

I just wanted to say you guys really rock! Everyone is being very helpful and very patient while we are learning the ropes with new software, and with breaking in a new administrator (who tends to break more than he fixes) and the energy and enthusiasm is a bit overwhelming! So I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the suggestions and help.

Not to mention the great language advice you all give out as standard.

THANKS!!!
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

getreallanguage
Yellow Belt
Languages: Spanish (n), English (nn), Italian (int.), Dutch (beg.), Catalan, Swedish, Paraguayan Guarani
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=760

Postby getreallanguage » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 pm

emk wrote:
getreallanguage wrote:As somebody already pointed out, it would be neat if there was a "vote counter" on the user information on the right of people's posts - i.e. a combined amount of how much love their posts have gotten.

We have this available! Iguanamon has also suggested that we should set this up. The only catch: The current version is a bit ugly, and it would remain so until we had time to mess with the theme.

What do people think? Should we flip the switch, and live with a slightly ugly icon? I'm totally open to suggestions here.

Totally in favor of this, ugly icon or not.

I'm wondering if we can get some steam going for a philological room. It was my favorite part of the old forum :)
0 x

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:11 am

getreallanguage wrote:I'm wondering if we can get some steam going for a philological room. It was my favorite part of the old forum :)

Oh, yes please! That'd be great! :)
0 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”