Facebook group for urgent situations

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Facebook group for urgent situations

Postby Bluepaint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Edit: I forgot FB now allows for group mods as well as group admins. So volunteers will be group mods.

As you are aware we have a Facebook group called HTLAL Community Center which is used for communication during emergencies such as outages. Although originally set-up in relation to HTLAL it is also used for communications regarding LLOrg.

We need a couple of volunteer admins to run the Facebook group. It is only really used to communicate urgent information regarding HTLAL & LLOrg. Occasionally, a new member needs approved or a query answered. This year no work has been required on the group (okay, yes, it's January but it sounds good) and last year I spent an hour or two at most on it (seriosuly, it's emergencies only). Of course, you will need to delete spam (easy, it gets no spam), delete inappropiate posts (again, easy, it gets none - that's bad English right?) and delete or caution any members who are disruptive or break Facebook's rules (yep, you're right, it doesn't get any. Easy peasy).

You should be an active member of LLOrg who is sensible, reliable and trustworthy as you'll be a line of communication between wider members & forum mods during emergencies such as severe technical problems. The group should generally follow the rules & guidelines of LLOrg in addition to those of Facebook. IF any real problems did occur you can use common sense & good judgement or speak to a forum mod for help in dealing with it. Only caveat is you need to exchange email addresses with me so we can write each other if necessary. You must also be okay with my (clear) love of parentheses.

Post here or PM me if interested.
3 x

Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Re: Facebook group for urgent situations

Postby Bluepaint » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 pm

If we don't get any volunteers then the Facebook group will be useless and possibly defunct. I'm leaving Facebook and the other admin isn't always reachable because of life stuff. Plus having only one admin is rather silly. It'll mean we have one less line of communication during technical outages or login issues.
0 x

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Bluepaint wrote:If we don't get any volunteers then the Facebook group will be useless and possibly defunct. I'm leaving Facebook and the other admin isn't always reachable because of life stuff. Plus having only one admin is rather silly. It'll mean we have one less line of communication during technical outages or login issues.

I’m not the most active person on FB (I check it a few times a week), but if that works, I can volunteer.
4 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Just volunteered on FB. Let me know if my help is still needed.
4 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Postby Bluepaint » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks so much to both Xenops and Josquin who now form part of our emergency network :D and who also allow me to quit Facebook finally. I'd only stayed on it for you motley lot ;)
0 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”