LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
User avatar
IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Posts: 2114
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 am
Location: Boston
Languages: Russian, 3/3 (DLPT, 2021) 2+ (OPI, 2021)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
BCS, 3L/2+R/2S (DLPT in, oh God, 1999!)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189
x 5347
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2019~

Postby IronMike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:46 am

I'll throw my hand up too!
3 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> DLPT equivalencies

User avatar
Xenops
Brown Belt
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: Boston
Languages: English (N), Japanese (approx. N5), Norwegian (A1), Nansha (constructing).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797
x 2387
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast *2021*

Postby Xenops » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:11 am

jmar257 wrote:Any interest in reviving this for 2021? Obviously we should probably plan on later in the year if enough people are comfortable, but I'll go ahead and put my hand up and say I'm in.


IronMike wrote:I'll throw my hand up too!


I thought about it when I went inside the Boston Public Library for the first time in months...I picked up John McWhorter's Language Hoax. :D

Depending on how people feel about it, we could certainly stay outside, especially as the weather will be nice soon. Sadly the little Italian restaurant across from the library closed for good, but there are other options.
Last edited by Xenops on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

PfifltriggPi
Green Belt
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Amerique du Nord
Languages: Uses daily : Français (heritage) English
Reads : Castellano, Català, Italiano, Lingua Latina
Studying: Українська мова, Ελληνικά
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4860
x 1055

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2019~

Postby PfifltriggPi » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:09 pm

I would also be interested, depending on when such a meeting would take place.
2 x
Please correct my errors in any tongue.

"Зброя - слово." - Леся Українка

User avatar
Deinonysus
Blue Belt
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm
Location: Salem, MA, USA
Languages:  
• Native: English
• Advanced: French
• Intermediate: German,
   Spanish
• Beginner: Icelandic,
   Italian, Indonesian,
   Hebrew
x 3338

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2019~

Postby Deinonysus » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:17 pm

I'd be interested once I'm fully vaccinated. As usual it's tentative because things randomly come up with the kid.
3 x
Corrections welcomed!

Die Liebe liebt das Wandern, Gott hat sie so gemacht.

User avatar
Xenops
Brown Belt
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: Boston
Languages: English (N), Japanese (approx. N5), Norwegian (A1), Nansha (constructing).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797
x 2387
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby Xenops » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:42 pm

If we’re up to something on short notice, I know I have Saturday, the 27th of this month off, and the weather is supposed to be decent.

I don’t know what my April schedule is yet, but probably later in the month would be an option too.

For what it’s worth, I’m fully vaccinated with Pfizer. 8-)
3 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

User avatar
IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Posts: 2114
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 am
Location: Boston
Languages: Russian, 3/3 (DLPT, 2021) 2+ (OPI, 2021)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
BCS, 3L/2+R/2S (DLPT in, oh God, 1999!)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189
x 5347
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby IronMike » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:32 am

Xenops wrote:For what it’s worth, I’m fully vaccinated with Pfizer. 8-)

How funny! I took my daughter to the emergency room here in Melrose yday because on Monday she fell at school (concussion...she's fine), but while I was there, a nurse came around the waiting room asking for two volunteers. Bottom line: they had 2 doses left and needed two people. There were 2 or 3 older folks in the waiting room, but it turned out they already had the vaccine. So I got the vaccine! And it guaranteed me the second one: no waiting.
4 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> DLPT equivalencies

User avatar
Xenops
Brown Belt
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: Boston
Languages: English (N), Japanese (approx. N5), Norwegian (A1), Nansha (constructing).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797
x 2387
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby Xenops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:10 am

Good news! I have Saturdays available this month. :D I can do the 17th or the 24th. The latter would be better for me, since I have a gum graft on the 16th, unless you are all good with meeting up for ice cream. ;)
1 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

User avatar
Deinonysus
Blue Belt
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm
Location: Salem, MA, USA
Languages:  
• Native: English
• Advanced: French
• Intermediate: German,
   Spanish
• Beginner: Icelandic,
   Italian, Indonesian,
   Hebrew
x 3338

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby Deinonysus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Xenops wrote:Good news! I have Saturdays available this month. :D I can do the 17th or the 24th. The latter would be better for me, since I have a gum graft on the 16th, unless you are all good with meeting up for ice cream. ;)

I'm afraid I'd have to sit those out. I wouldn't be comfortable going out until I've had my second shot which will be at the end of the month. Good luck with your procedure!
0 x
Corrections welcomed!

Die Liebe liebt das Wandern, Gott hat sie so gemacht.

User avatar
Xenops
Brown Belt
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: Boston
Languages: English (N), Japanese (approx. N5), Norwegian (A1), Nansha (constructing).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797
x 2387
Contact:

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby Xenops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Deinonysus wrote:
Xenops wrote:Good news! I have Saturdays available this month. :D I can do the 17th or the 24th. The latter would be better for me, since I have a gum graft on the 16th, unless you are all good with meeting up for ice cream. ;)

I'm afraid I'd have to sit those out. I wouldn't be comfortable going out until I've had my second shot which will be at the end of the month. Good luck with your procedure!


If people feel more comfortable waiting another month or two, I’m down with that as well. Ideally we would have as many people as possible. :)
1 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

PfifltriggPi
Green Belt
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Amerique du Nord
Languages: Uses daily : Français (heritage) English
Reads : Castellano, Català, Italiano, Lingua Latina
Studying: Українська мова, Ελληνικά
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4860
x 1055

Re: LLorg East Coast ~2021~

Postby PfifltriggPi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Xenops wrote:
Deinonysus wrote:
Xenops wrote:Good news! I have Saturdays available this month. :D I can do the 17th or the 24th. The latter would be better for me, since I have a gum graft on the 16th, unless you are all good with meeting up for ice cream. ;)

I'm afraid I'd have to sit those out. I wouldn't be comfortable going out until I've had my second shot which will be at the end of the month. Good luck with your procedure!


If people feel more comfortable waiting another month or two, I’m down with that as well. Ideally we would have as many people as possible. :)


As I've said in the past, Sundays are much easier for me since I am in the city anyways. If we are planning on going to a restaurant or some such thing like has been done previously, sometime after the 2nd of May would be easier for me, since then my Lent would be over, so I am also fine with waiting another month or two.
1 x
Please correct my errors in any tongue.

"Зброя - слово." - Леся Українка


Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests