LLorg London 2017

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Vedun
Orange Belt
Languages: Bulgarian, English
German, Italian
Russian, Finnish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3009

Re: LLorg London 2017

Postby Vedun » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 pm

The dates for the gathering have been unofficially announced as 30 May - 3 June, that is wednesday to sunday. There's no adjoining weekend, what do we do? Personally I'm a lot more likely to be able to come before the gathering.
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Vedun wrote:The dates for the gathering have been unofficially announced as 30 May - 3 June, that is wednesday to sunday. There's no adjoining weekend, what do we do? Personally I'm a lot more likely to be able to come before the gathering.

Me too
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 am

I haven't seen the announcement, but those dates were about what I'd expected. The two times I've gone, lectures have been from Thursday to Sunday with registration and games on Wednesday and a picnic on Monday. I suppose taking the Monday and Tuesday before the Gathering for our meetup would be easiest for most people. When I bought tickets last year, flights were only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I ended up flying down the Monday before and flying home the Wednesday after the Gathering. I imagine it will be similar this year.

Shall we plan to meet up in Vienna before the Gathering then? Maybe we can get an AirBnB together, or perhaps two or three if there are a lot of us. There's still plenty of time though, so there's no rush. We probably shouldn't try to book anything until much closer to the date, but we can talk about what we'd like to do.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:05 am

Brun Ugle wrote:I haven't seen the announcement, but those dates were about what I'd expected. The two times I've gone, lectures have been from Thursday to Sunday with registration and games on Wednesday and a picnic on Monday. I suppose taking the Monday and Tuesday before the Gathering for our meetup would be easiest for most people. When I bought tickets last year, flights were only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I ended up flying down the Monday before and flying home the Wednesday after the Gathering. I imagine it will be similar this year.

Shall we plan to meet up in Vienna before the Gathering then? Maybe we can get an AirBnB together, or perhaps two or three if there are a lot of us. There's still plenty of time though, so there's no rush. We probably shouldn't try to book anything until much closer to the date, but we can talk about what we'd like to do.

I'm hoping to take the entire week, so flying over on Monday, flying back following Monday probably. Although I did enjoy the tours of the castles on the day after the gathering, so if they do organised tours again I might extend past the end of the gathering.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 pm

rdearman wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:I haven't seen the announcement, but those dates were about what I'd expected. The two times I've gone, lectures have been from Thursday to Sunday with registration and games on Wednesday and a picnic on Monday. I suppose taking the Monday and Tuesday before the Gathering for our meetup would be easiest for most people. When I bought tickets last year, flights were only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I ended up flying down the Monday before and flying home the Wednesday after the Gathering. I imagine it will be similar this year.

I'm hoping to take the entire week, so flying over on Monday, flying back following Monday probably. Although I did enjoy the tours of the castles on the day after the gathering, so if they do organised tours again I might extend past the end of the gathering.

I'll probably fly on Monday too because of the flight schedule. Then I'll leave either Monday or Wednesday after. Maybe I'll try a tour this time too. I was going to last time, but Dave wanted to go to Budapest, which turned out to be no fun. So, this year it will be either a tour in/near Bratislava, Vienna or home early.
0 x

Vedun
Orange Belt
Languages: Bulgarian, English
German, Italian
Russian, Finnish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3009

Postby Vedun » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 am

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I probably won't make it for Monday. I'm not even sure I'll be able to get to the gathering on its first day, but at least some days are certain. :)
0 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”