- Who: Aokoye, Arthaey, Galaxyrocker, Systematiker, Xenops
- What: LLorg North America meetup
- Where: Portland, OR
- When: Fri Oct 6 – Sun Oct 8
- Why: meet folks face to face, have fun!
Let's make LLorg Portland 2017 happen! Before July 1st or after October 1st.
Here's a quick summary of relevant comments from the broader discussion about meetups:
arthaey wrote:Portland might actually be a decent location: we can all raid Powell's foreign language section. And yeah, way cheaper than a lot of the larger cities.
aokoye wrote:I'm free before July 1st and after October 1st. Other pros for Portland outside of Powells - a lot of good food that is relatively inexpensive (especially compared to any other logical place to have this in North America), public transportation isn't horrible and is pretty inexpensive, and lots of outdoorsy things to do.
Xenops wrote:I could probably make it to Portland.
Systematiker wrote:I would even be OK with something in the Pacific NW
I'm going to kick off some brainstorming off the top of my head. Please add whatever strikes your fancy, and note that my suggestions aren't law.
I'm imagining that this will be a small thing.
- We could all go in together on a multi-bedroom AirBnb, or rooms in an affordable hotel, for a weekend.
- We could bring language resources to share & tell in person.
- We could do a field trip to Powell's bookstore together.
- Converse in our languages at whatever stage we're at and have a fun awkward polyglot time.
- We could go for a hike somewhere nearby, if there were interest.
- We could pick restaurants with a strong foreign vibe and maybe the staff speaks a foreign language?
- Are there language-related games? Or even just regular games but we could play in our languages.
Just some thoughts to get this rolling and make this a thing that actually happens!