Our French community

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Our French community

Postby rdearman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Expugnator wrote:It may sound like an egg x chicken proposition, but I'd feel much more compelled to writing in French if there was a place where I'd know my post would be accommodated among other French titles. The way it is at the Multilingual Room now there are already a dozen of French threads all scattered among other languages, and that makes it much more difficult for a potential contributor to know what's going on. Either we have a subforum or we stick to one post per language.

Besides, this phpBb version allows for sub-subforums as is the case at the Travel & Culture one. It will make the Board index much less polluted if we keep the language subforum as sub-subforums instead.

True, but don't forget that active threads always float to the top. But having sub-sub-forums also makes it harder for people to see because they get buried. And if you notice in Travel & Culture there are zero posts in the General discussion area, with most of the general discussion happening in the top level. I understand your reasoning, and there has been some discussion of similar re-organisations among the moderators, but basically if it isn't on the top level it tends to get buried.

(Just personal opinion here, not speaking as the admin)
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Re: Our French community

Postby tomgosse » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

emk wrote:My personal impression is that we have a lot of people who speak French, perhaps as many as we've ever had, ranging from absolute beginners to a good number of fairly advanced students and native speakers. Tomgosse has done a great job organizing a French team, and I'd guess it's currently one of the most active teams on the forum, even with TAC starting back up.

Thank you for your kind words sir.
0 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”