Deleting your own posts should not be bannable. All critical information should be in the Wiki.

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Re: Deleting your own posts should not be bannable. All critical information should be in the Wiki.

Postby Stefan » Sat May 16, 2020 8:00 pm

I'm saddened to see Speakeasy gone. He provided a lot of value to the forum - especially in areas where few other are knowledgeable - and I've been blissfully unaware of any issues. I'm definitively not questioning the actions of admin, but I do believe there are room for transparency in the future. As late as in December, members went missing after drama and I was left trying to add 1+1 to figure out what happened. It's only thanks to people derailing this thread, which I'm now part of, that I learned about Speakeasy.

On-topic I find this to be an important discussion. I always assumed that we were free to delete (not vandalise) our content whenever we wanted, which was a feature I appreciated. I'm just as annoyed as anyone else whenever I stumble upon a [deleted] post on Reddit, but thought that privacy triumphed it. If the rule is that admin might restore our deleted posts, then it should be highlighted somewhere.
6 x

addylad
White Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B1?)

Re: Deleting your own posts should not be bannable. All critical information should be in the Wiki.

Postby addylad » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 pm

I was wondering where Speakeasy had gone only the other day, and came across this thread by chance.

It seems like lots of people have come out of the woodwork, mods and members alike, to talk about someone who is no longer here to defend himself.

This is unfortunately the downside of forums; power concentrated in the hands of a few select people.
2 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”