Content Authors Required - Call for Volunteers

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Content Authors Required - Call for Volunteers

Postby rdearman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:06 am

We are working on the creation of a "static" site at the top level of the language-learners.org domain. This means we are going to create content which will be available to people landing on the website looking for information about learning languages, but not yet arrived at the forum. To this end we have a number of topics which we'd like to address and I'm crowd sourcing authors. Some of the topics we are interested in populating are (many stolen from iguanamon's suggestions):

1. Beginners FAQ - with answers
  2. Choosing your language
  3. A section on historical polyglots
  4. Free and open source software for language learners?
  5. Language profiles as possible, including recommended courses, grammars, websites and dictionaries- profiles written by knowledgeable members.
  6. Language learning techniques, systems
  7. Success stories (I was once a monolingual like you; how learning X improved my life)
  8. Cost effective ways to learn for learners on a budget (LEGALLY)
  9. What to do after you finish your course and how to learn without it.
  10. Technology and software that aids language learning
  11. Mobile friendly learning including social media and language learning
  12. Books about language learning (as uncontroversially and objectively reviewed)
  13. The value of participating in the forum.
  14. Objective course descriptions and reviews
  15. Games you can enjoy and learn languages at the same time (there is a long thread here about this very topic)

If you see one of the topics above you'd like to write about then please contact Rhian via PM and she will coordinate all the activities. Please be aware that in this instance you'll need to agree to have your work licensed under a Creative Commons share alike non-commercial license. This is mainly so that people can make modifications and updates to the work, while still acknowledging you as an/the original author.

You are also welcome to suggest other topics you might like to see on the top-level static pages in iguanamon's original thread here http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=907&start=10#p3778. Although we'll initially post in English, given the nature of this board, it would be nice to have translations in as many languages as possible, especially FAQ's?
7 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”