Volunteers wanted

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Chung
Blue Belt
Languages: SPEAKS: English*, French
STUDIES: Hungarian, Italian, Ukrainian
OTHER: Czech, German, Polish, Slovak
STUDIED: Azeri, BCMS/SC, Estonian, Finnish, Korean, Latin, Northern Saami, Russian, Slovenian, Turkish
DABBLED: Bashkir, Chuvash, Crimean Tatar, Inari Saami, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Lithuanian, Meadow Mari, Mongolian, Romanian, Tatar, Turkmen, Tuvan, Uzbek

Re: Volunteers wanted

Postby Chung » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:22 am

As the year comes to a close, I figure that I ought to tie up loose ends, including one about this forum.

As you know by now I've been off the forums for quite a while, and admittedly could be so for a while more with my life offline still being what it is. I'm uncomfortable with starting a new thread about myself. Of all of the existing threads I felt that this was the next best thing in being the most relevant to my participation.

Regarding static content, I'm open to putting together profiles for this forum similar to those on HTLAL. Frankly, they wouldn't differ that much apart from updating the links and nixing the section on economic importance (I just never liked it even though FX laid things out that way). The only trouble is that I'm unsure when I'll be able to offer coherent updated profiles for this site.

As for my projects related to languages in general (including the hum-drum of studying Finnish and whatever Turkic language is in the hopper), I may reappear here sooner rather than later with something else that I think would be interesting for a few of you and provide myself with a lot of internal satisfaction.

All the best to you in 2016.
13 x

Daristani
Orange Belt

Re: Volunteers wanted

Postby Daristani » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Chung, I confess I'd been worried about you in light of your absence, as well as your having mentioned health problems a while ago. So I'm very glad to see you back, and hope that you're happy and healthy, or soon will be. All the best in 2016.
10 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”