Identifying Oneself with HTLAL Account

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Re: Identifying Oneself with HTLAL Account

Postby Bluepaint » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:18 pm

lusan wrote:Ok, this is my first of the required post. Och!

Go on make a third and get all the associated special powers!
1 x

Leopejo
White Belt

Postby Leopejo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 am

emk wrote:[*]If you've ever been banned on either site, please let the moderators know all your user names and please PM the moderators to ask for permission before posting. Vogeltje has done this. Failure to do so means that all old bans remain in effect. (If you do contact us, we may or may not grant permission, depending on the reason for the original ban and whether we think you're likely to follow the forum rules in the future.)

Banned in HTLAL in 2008 (? Back when the admin introduced pay membership) with this username for asking the owner of HTLAL why two friends of mine were banned back then. I think most users of this forum who recognize me can vouch for me.
1 x

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Postby Serpent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:40 am

Welcome back! :D
1 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Montmorency
Brown Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Maintaining: German (active skills lapsed somewhat).
Studying: Welsh (advanced beginner/intermediate);
Dabbling/Beginner: Czech

Back-burner: Spanish (intermediate) Norwegian (bit more than beginner) Danish (beginner).

Have studied: Latin, French, Italian, Dutch; OT Hebrew (briefly) NT Greek (briefly).
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1429

Postby Montmorency » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Another old lag, who has finally found this place and just saying "hello".

I never made any conscious decision to stop using HTLAL, but pressures in my life meant that it was no longer a priority for a while.

On going back to it today (to find Iversen's wonderful "Guides" initially to to help someone else), I realised that this forum had been set up.

(although the new forum name is not all that clearly advertised on the old forum, that I can see anyway....did find it in the end, obviously).

Thanks to everyone who has set this site up, and also to those who kept the old site going (in spite of all the odds!).

Funnnily enough, response on the old site is brilliant today! Is that a fluke? But no matter...
1 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Montmorency wrote:Thanks to everyone who has set this site up, and also to those who kept the old site going (in spite of all the odds!).

Je suis d'accord !
0 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Postby Serpent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Please don't post in another language without a translation :P (apart from the logs and multilingual subforums of course)
2 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Leopejo, welcome back. I checked your profile on HTLAL and it seems you are bilingual Italian/Finnish- fascinating. It would be nice and useful to others to update your profile here on this forum.

Montmorency wrote:...Funnily enough, response on the old site is brilliant today! Is that a fluke? ...

Montmorency, it's good to see you posting here. No, it isn't a fluke. It's because so few people are using the site now. HTLAL is a mere shadow of itself these days. It's a "dead forum walking". It's still alive, but its life has gone to here. People finally got fed up enough to do something about it. Hope you enjoy the new forum!
Last edited by iguanamon on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Serpent wrote:Please don't post in another language without a translation :P (apart from the logs and multilingual subforums of course)

Je suis désolé! (I'm sorry) :(
0 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Leopejo
White Belt

Postby Leopejo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:42 am

PsittacusMagnus wrote:I was one of those people banned from HTLAL... How's it going Leo?

'Psittacus' is a bird... I think I know who you are :)

I am fine, thanks. And you?
0 x

Montmorency
Brown Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Maintaining: German (active skills lapsed somewhat).
Studying: Welsh (advanced beginner/intermediate);
Dabbling/Beginner: Czech

Back-burner: Spanish (intermediate) Norwegian (bit more than beginner) Danish (beginner).

Have studied: Latin, French, Italian, Dutch; OT Hebrew (briefly) NT Greek (briefly).
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1429

Postby Montmorency » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 pm

iguanamon wrote:

Montmorency, it's good to see you posting here. No, it isn't a fluke. It's because so few people are using the site now. HTLAL is a mere shadow of itself these days. It's a "dead forum walking". It's still alive, but its life has gone to here. People finally got fed up enough to do something about it. Hope you enjoy the new forum!

Thanks @iguanamon . :-) It's certainly nice to see so many old names, and some formerly "banned" returnees.

It's understandable that people have stopped being active on the old forum. My worry about that is that this perhaps makes it more likely than otherwise that FX will finally pull the plug on it. And as I think we all know, there is still a wealth of good stuff there, that it would be a shame to lose forever.
I don't see a solution for this. Well, I see a few theoretical solutions, but none of them will work without the full co-operation of you-know-who.
0 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”