Aledda's Log (2017 - )

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
aledda
White Belt
Languages: Español (N)
English (C2), Português (C2)
日本語 (intermediate)
Italiano (beginner), Deutsch (beginner), 한국어 (beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5561

Aledda's Log (2017 - )

Postby aledda » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

I love learning languages. And that's a good thing, until you want to learn so much stuff at once, that you end up learning nothing at all. :?

This year I'll try to be more organized about language learning, and I think keeping a language log will help me achieve that. So that's why I signed up here.

For the last few years, I've been studying Japanese (taking classes, reviewing at home, using websites or app to practice vocabulary and kanjis, etc), but even after all these years, I still don't feel confident about it. This year I want to take the JLPT N4 (I said the same thing last year, but here I am lol), but I still feel that I'm lacking a lot.

So I'll try to focus on Japanese, even though other languages are always tempting me:
    The ones I already know need practice! (Writing in English, Reading and listening to more material in Portuguese...)
  • The ones I once started learning but for X reason I had to put them aside (Need to review the vocabulary and basic grammar I've learned in Mandarin and German)
  • The ones I "am learning" on my own (Korean, Italian)
  • The ones I always wanted to learn: Greek, Latin, Esperanto, Russian
  • And basically every language that has caught my attention. :lol:

My goals for the year are

Japanese (a.k.a focus on JLPT N4)

- Vocabulary/Kanjis: Complete "JapaneseClass" practice daily.

- Reading: At least 1 article from "NHK News" a day.

- Grammar: Review all the Minna no Nihongo lessons.

- Listening: All the Minna no Nihongo audios. All the "NHK News Easy" audio available for the day. Try to understand at least 1 song a week. (Any sugestion for podcasts in Japanese?)

- Watching: At least 1 dorama a month (first with English subs, then RAW). Find an interesting talk show (or something like that) to watch.

- Writing: 1 ((very) short) blog post a week.

English

- Writing: 1 blog post a week.

- Reading: 24 books.

Portuguese

- Reading: 6 books.

German/Italian

- Vocabulary: Duolingo (+ Mondly?) daily

Korean

- Watching: weekly episodes of RM and TRoS (subbed in English). 1 dorama a month (with English subs).

Let's see how I can handle all that (+ work + gym + house + book club + life) this year. It doesn't look like a lot, but it is easier said than done. :roll:
5 x

aledda
White Belt
日本語 (intermediate)

Re: Aledda's Log (2017 - )

Postby aledda » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Reserved

(just in case)
0 x

aledda
White Belt
日本語 (intermediate)

Re: Aledda's Log (2017 - )

Postby aledda » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Since it is my first time having a log like this, I'll try to update weekly at first and then see what, when and how I should log.

Review
Last week wasn't as productive as I planned. My cough was louder than the audios in Japanese, so my listening practice consisted of pausing and rewinding every minute (Just as frustrasting as having flu in summer...). That's why I decided to practice reading instead.
  • Japanese:I did 1 lesson of 皆の日本語 中級, the usual daily practice in JapaneseClass, reading (news articles and stuff like that) and some attempts at listening.
  • English: A friend of mine lent me a book, so I've been reading it even though it is not as interesting as I thought it could be. That's why I haven't finished it yet, but I will do it soon, so I can start reading something else. Duolingo.
  • German/Italian/Portuguese: Duolingo.
  • Korean: I watched 1 episode of 런닝맨 and 1 episode of 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 with english subs (does this count as English practice too? :P) and tried to read the captions written in hangul. I realized that even though I hadn't study them, I can recognize some words and sentences here and there (when I see them AND when I hear them) and that makes me happy :lol:

Notes2self
  • Answer more questions per day in JapaneseClass.
  • Start as soon as possible the review of past lessons.
  • Write more in Japanese (so I don't spend more than 10 minutes to write basic stuff).
  • Find a book in Portuguese in my TBR list.

After reading some logs here, it's amazing to see everyone's progress and read about their learning strategies. I found new ideas that I want to try out, and new approaches to things that didn't work out for me before. So thanks everyone (even if you don't read this)! :D
3 x

Return to “Language logs”