Free 3 months access to Ranganna Beg Irish course w pledge sign-up

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Cèid Donn
Blue Belt
Languages: en-us (n); français, gàidhlig, gaeilge, cymraeg, brezhoneg, español

Free 3 months access to Ranganna Beg Irish course w pledge sign-up

Postby Cèid Donn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:45 am

Someone at Duolingo posted this info:

You can sign up on https://www.liofa.eu/ and make a pledge to learn Irish. Within a few days you will receive an e-mail confirming that you have signed up and they will ask you to reply to confirm that you want to receive a free code to use Gaeilge gan Stró online! A few days after that, if you reply, they will send you a code so that you can complete the entire beginners course online at Ranganna.com It's an amazing course to broaden your learning of Irish.

From the Líofa website:

As a Líofa member you:

• Are entitled to three months free subscription to a Beginners Level Course valued at £120 with Ranganna.com. Líofa will contact you in due course with your log-in details now that you have signed up.

Líofa appears to be one of those language advocacy organizations aimed at motivating more people to learn and use Irish and as far as I can tell, the sign-up doesn't come with any catch (I'll let you folks know if one pops up along the registration process). I am awaiting the first email to confirm my registration. If I am able to get the code for the course I fully intend to do the course for the duration of the free sub, as part of my 365 Day challenge. :)
4 x
Note from an educator and former ESL/test skills tutor: Any learner, including self-learners, can use the CEFR for self-assessment. The CEFR is for helping learners progress and not for gatekeeping and bullying.

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Re: Free 3 months access to Ranganna Beg Irish course w pledge sign-up

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:06 am

I know I had a working account at Ranganna some years ago. If I remember correctly, the content was similar to the one I had encountered in Gaeilge gan Stró (maybe it was even based on it?)
0 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Cèid Donn
Blue Belt
Languages: en-us (n); français, gàidhlig, gaeilge, cymraeg, brezhoneg, español

Re: Free 3 months access to Ranganna Beg Irish course w pledge sign-up

Postby Cèid Donn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:06 am

jeff_lindqvist wrote:I know I had a working account at Ranganna some years ago. If I remember correctly, the content was similar to the one I had encountered in Gaeilge gan Stró (maybe it was even based on it?)

I think it is the same content, just in an online format and you pay a sub to use--they are using the title Gaeilge gan Stró on their website for the different courses and the courses seem divided up by level in the same way as the GgS series.
0 x
Note from an educator and former ESL/test skills tutor: Any learner, including self-learners, can use the CEFR for self-assessment. The CEFR is for helping learners progress and not for gatekeeping and bullying.

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”