Languages: Speaking: Slovenčina (N), Српски (F), English (C2);
Understand: Čeština (B2), Македонски (B2), Slovenščina (B1);
Learning: Русский (B1), Old Slavonic;
Dabbling: German, Polish, Latin, Cl. Greek, Hebrew

Interslavic - Medžuslověnski

Postby Delodephius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Iz uvoda stranice Medžuslověnskogo języka
http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/index.html

"Medžuslovjanski jest język, ktory Slovjani iz råznyh narodov koristajųt, že by komuniko­vali medžu sobojų. To jest možno, ibo slovjanske języki sųt shodna i srodna grupa. Znanje jednogo języka obyčno jest dosta­točno, že by imělo sę priblizno pojmanje, o čem jest tekst na kakom-nebųď drugom slovjanskom języku. Črěz věki, Slovjani sųt naučili dogovarjati sę s svojimi sųsědami posrědstvom prostyh, improvi­zovanyh narěčij. Jedno­časno, medžu­sobna shodnosť vsěh slovjanskih językov jest nadyhala języko­znavcev i drugih k tvorjenju generičnogo slovjanskogo języka, råzum­livogo vsěm Slovjanam. Srěd nih nahodęt sę slavny staro­cŕkovno­slovjanski język iz 9. stolětja, kako i mnoge ine projekty, publikovane od 16. stolětja do dneś pod imenami kako «vses­lovjanski», «medžu­slovjanski», «novo­slovjanski», «obće­slovjanski» ili prosto «slovjanski», vse osnovane na těhže prěd­položenjah, čto čini ih blizko identičnymi."

Medžuslověnski ne ima jedin pravopisni standard, no možno na njemu pisati kojkolim pravopisanjem, kako i tim specijalno stvorenim za njego, tako i pravopisanjem nacionalnih slověnskih językov. Jesli vam nužna pomoć, tut nahodi sę slovnik anglijsko-medžuslověnski:
http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/dynami ... onary.html

Na Wiki stranice o Medžuslověnskom języku napisano mnogo o historiji pokušanjah stvorenija medžuslověnskih językov:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language
6 x

Longinus
Yellow Belt
Languages: English(N)
Currently studying: Latin, Scottish Gaelic
Maintenance work: German, Russian, BCS, Albanian, Estonian
Basic level, 3-6 months worth of work each: Persian, Mongolian, Old Irish, Polish, Macedonian
Wish list: Lithuanian, Icelandic, Hungarian

Re: Interslavic - Medžuslověnski

Postby Longinus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Wow, that's weird. I can read and understand this, but it's a strange experience, and I can't really explain why. I guess it's the combination of feeling "alien", but yet being understandable. Do you have the same unusual affective reaction reading it as a native Slavic speaker?

Thanks for posting! I've seen similar constructions of a common Germanic language on the internet, and there's even a "modern Indo-European" out there (I think they use a late reconstruction after the Anatolian languages had diverged.)
0 x

Henkkles
Green Belt
Languages: N FI | A EN SV | I EE RU | B FR LN

Postby Henkkles » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 pm

I like it as an intellectual exercise, but I don't think an auxlang will ever catch on.
0 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:38 pm

I thought the whole point of this was to reduce the intellectual exercise. Dupa, žopa, prdak, rit...

http://dict.interslavic.com/
Last edited by reineke on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ezy Ryder
Orange Belt
Languages: PL (rusting Native)
EN (Advanced)
中文 (Lower Intermediate)
日本語 (Beginner, not studying)
台語 (Dabbling)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1164

Postby Ezy Ryder » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:09 pm

reineke wrote:I thought the whole point of this was to reduce the intellectual exercise.

I think it's like the "flow" thing. Attempting to comprehend a language you know well isn't challenging enough, attempting to comprehend a related one you haven't studied/tried learning can pose too much of a challenge (for it to be enjoyable/entertaining), whereas a conlang like that could get a bit closer to the "sweet-spot".
0 x
阿波
: 1250 / 1000010k SRS Challenge :
: 3750 / 48084,808 漢字 (handwriting) :

Delodephius
Orange Belt

Postby Delodephius » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Longinus wrote:Wow, that's weird. I can read and understand this, but it's a strange experience, and I can't really explain why. I guess it's the combination of feeling "alien", but yet being understandable. Do you have the same unusual affective reaction reading it as a native Slavic speaker?

Here's the interesting thing: I get the same feeling from it as when I read Old Church Slavonic texts. Not New Church Slavonic, which is influenced by Russian, nor any living Slavic language, like Polish, Bulgarian, Russian, etc. I am a native Slovak and Serbian speaker btw.

On one hand, Interslavic was partially based on Old Church Slavonic, but also since OCS was a language, or better a dialect of Common Slavic, it has natural similarities with Interslavic which tries to take the role of modern Common Slavic. It feels a lot less weird than reading any living Slavic language I don't speak. Ukrainian in particular feels very weird.

reineke wrote:I thought the whole point of this was to reduce the intellectual exercise. Dupa, žopa, prdak, rit...
http://dict.interslavic.com/

Actually, the creators of Interslavic gave up on creating a functional inter-Slavic language because after years of trying to make one they realised it's impossible. 1) Slavic languages have grown too different. 2) Slavs can't agree on anything, each pushing their own version of a word/grammar rule. So it's most likely never going to move anywhere pass the "it's all just for fun". Someone has already translated the Little Prince. :D
2 x

Delodephius
Orange Belt

Postby Delodephius » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Slavs are simply too politically fractured to ever unite under a common language, because it goes in hand for a lot of Slavic politicians that a rival Slavic country is perceived as alien, which also means non-understandable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”