TAC 2016 - Russian - Team Чебурашка Log

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Re: TAC 2016 - Russian Team Log

Postby Teango » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:44 pm

It's great to see you posting over here, Cristina - godt nytt år! I enjoyed your post (all in Russian) for last December's challenge, especially given an opportunity to learn more about how Christmas is celebrated differently in Norway. My barber here in Hawai'i is a Danish expat, and we always end up talking about European food and customs at some point, so I'd heard about lutefisk, boiled cod, or pork roast with crackling on the 24th, as well as little things like finding the almond in your risengrynsgrøt on Christmas Day. My grandparents used to have a similar tradition in Ireland where the barmbrack contained a brass ring, and if you didn't end up choking on the merciful hidden morsel, finding it would signify you'd get married within the year (probably best not to explore the math on this too deeply *lol*). Anyway, you've made really great progress in Russian, and I have no idea how you're going to up the action after your whirlwind tour of 2015, but I've already booked a centre seat with legroom and nibbles for the show, and I wish everyone in the Russian Team the very best in achieving their goals together this year!!
2 x

Solfrid Cristin
White Belt
Languages: Norwegian (Native), English (C2), Spanish (C2), French (C1), Italian B1, German (B1), Russian (B1)

Postby Solfrid Cristin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:50 am

Teango wrote: Anyway, you've made really great progress in Russian, and I have no idea how you're going to up the action after your whirlwind tour of 2015, but I've already booked a centre seat with legroom and nibbles for the show, and I wish everyone in the Russian Team the very best in achieving their goals together this year!!

Not quite sure if my heart could take more action than in 2015 - but I'll do my very best to have fun along the ride.

Are you then not joining us? Pretty please :)
2 x

Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Postby Teango » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Solfrid Cristin wrote:Are you then not joining us? Pretty please :)

I really hope 2016 will be an amazing and less arduous year for you, sis! I'd love to join the Russian TAC team as well, but French is currently mon plat principal and I'll need to particularly focus this year with everything else going on in my life. I will of course be a regular lurker here on this thread, and may leave some occasional comments or words of support if you guys don't mind me dropping in from time to time, and I'll be working on maintaining Russian as a minor study language too and reporting back anything new or noteworthy in my ongoing TAC blog. Всем удачи и успехов!!
1 x

Ed1991
White Belt
Languages: Russian (B1), Ukrainian (A1)

Postby Ed1991 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Might as well introduce myself in the team thread. I have been studying Russian for about a year and 3 months now. I have signed up to take the ТРКИ-1 test in June. I am feeling quietly confident about all of the sections apart from the speaking part. I am off to Moscow at the start of February as well which should be an interesting trip. I look forward to watching everyone in the Russian team progress during 2016.
0 x

geoffw
Orange Belt
Languages: Speak well = English (N), Deutsch
Speak poorly = יידיש (Yiddish), Français
"Speak," I guess = עברית (Hebrew), Русский (Russian), Español, Nederlands, Esperanto

Postby geoffw » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:16 am

Public Service Announcement that I plan to update the team name next Sunday, 17 January. Currently in the lead is Cheburashka, with two votes, followed by Алехин with one and a half...
0 x

Ogrim
Brown Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B2), Dutch (B1), Croatian (A2), Arabic (on hold), Ancient Greek (learning), Romanian (on hold)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Postby Ogrim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 am

Hello Russian Team! As an ex-member of Team Pushkin I thought I should come by and say hello, happy new year and best of luck in all your endeavours in 2016. I've decided not to join TAC this year, but I will certainly follow your team with interest - and you are of course welcome to read my log. ;) I have signed up to the Output Challenge this year (foolish me), so I will finally start writing things in Russian on my log as well, to see if I reach those 50.000 words by the end of the year.

Удачи!
0 x
Ich grolle nicht

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Postby Expugnator » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I vote for Alexin then.
0 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

aloysius
White Belt
Languages: Swedish (N), English, German.
Studying: French, Russian, Italian, Spanish.

Postby aloysius » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:44 pm

I cast my vote for Cheburashka. For purely nostalgic reasons.
0 x

neofight78
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Russian (B2+), Spanish (A0)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=833

Postby neofight78 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:52 pm

I vote for Алехин as I like chess and I've always found Cheburashka to be a bit freaky looking. :lol:
0 x

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I vote for Cheburashka. As much as I love chess, I don't know what Alekhin has to do with studying Russian. Also, I simply love Голубой вагон! :D

3 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Return to “Language Challenges”