Esperanto Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Esperanto, German, Croatian
Learns: Russian

Re: Esperanto Study Group

Postby Radioclare » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Wow, going to a conference in Georgia sounds amazing - I am very jealous :)

This made me laugh in my Facebook feed today....

15940399_10158323342440019_2611220577436544435_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:34 pm

IronMike wrote:If you really want an out of the box alternative, how about the 10th Middle Eastern/1st Caucasian E-o Conference, 31 Mar-3 Apr in Georgia? If you're interested, let me know. My daughter and I are going!
Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't think I want to go that far!

For now, I have requested 10 days off so that I can go to the Itala Kongreso in August so we'll see if they get accepted. Although, to tell you the truth, I really hope not to still have this same job in August... :?
3 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Postby tarvos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Mi certe ne iros al Togolando. Mi ne volas morti survoje. Estas granda riziko por mi iri tien.

Fakte, mi pensas ke mi nur iras al la poliglota renkontiĝo en Bratislavo, ĉar certe estas esperantistoj (eĉ organizantoj plejparte estas). Tio sufiĉas por mi, mi pensas, ĉar mi povas babili esperante kiam ajn mi volas.
2 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: Esperanto
Maintaining: nada
Tested:
BCS, 1+L/1+R (DLPT5, 2022)
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:55 am

La lasta tago de la januara Esperanto-Sumoo estos morgaux. Cxu vi ankoraux legas? Mi legas ankoraux. La Dangxera Lingvo estas bona libro kaj mi jam legis pli da pagxoj ol mi promesis.

La sekva E-Sumoo estos de la 12-a de marto gxis la 26-a de marto.
2 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Spoonary
Blue Belt

Postby Spoonary » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:20 am

Jes, ankaux mi ankoraux legas. Mi jam legis 73% de hari poter do restas malmulte por atingi mian celon. :)
1 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt

Postby Spoonary » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 am

You probably already already saw this on my log, but I thought I would write a bit about it here too (in English because I'm tired).

Last week, I finished Hari Potter kaj la ŝtono de la saĝuloj and with it my personal Esperanto reading goal. :)

I have always been a fan of Harry Potter so making it my first Esperanto read was an obvious choice. First of all, I would like to mention how well-translated I thought it was. To me it felt like a professional translation and I got carried away by the narrative just as much this time as I have the other however many times I have read it. The only thing I found a bit jarring were the translations of the characters' names and Hogwarts houses, etc. But I am the sort of person who hates it when proper nouns are translated so... :roll:

So, where do I go from here? This is something I briefly mentioned on my log too. I have a few other EO books to read and plenty of videos to watch, and I'm still doing my daily Duolingo work out (although I have reduced that to just 30xp daily because 50 was becoming too much) but I'm worried about abandoning Esperanto (again), now that I'm starting to focus on Spanish again.

I know it's down to me to work out how to maintain all of my languages while living my life, but I'd like to hear how you guys all do it. How do you make Esperanto an active part of your life?
2 x

luke
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Spanish (intermediate), Esperanto (B1), French (intermediate but rusting)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16948

Postby luke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:30 am

Spoonary wrote:Last week, I finished Hari Potter kaj la ŝtono de la saĝuloj and with it my personal Esperanto reading goal. :)

I'm worried about abandoning Esperanto (again), now that I'm starting to focus on Spanish again.

How do you make Esperanto an active part of your life?

Congrats on finishing Hari Potter!

Mi relatus al viajn estojn relate al eklerni, ne studi, eklerni, kaj tiel plu. I can relate to y'alls experiences studying Esperanto for a while, dropping it, starting again, and so on.

Mi eklernas de nove. I'm eklernin' again.

I don't want to write too much in Esperanto right now. Mi ne volas praktiki malgramitajxon, ktp.

Currently, re-reviewing some courses I studied some years ago. Listening to Jen Nia Mondo in the car. Vojagxu kun Zam from Lernu and a few others.

Enjoying some podcasts from http://members.aon.at/aldone/retradio/ or it's official site, which is probably mentioned earlier in the thread and how I found the site in the first place. On Spoonary's question, it seems podcasts, news and hopefully friends are the way keep it an active part of life.

Planning to go to an major Esperanto event this summer. That's got me focused now.

By the way, what is Duolingo for Esperanto like?
3 x
: 124 / 124 Cien años de soledad 20x
: 5479 / 5500 5500 pages - Reading
: 51 / 55 FSI Basic Spanish 3x
: 309 / 506 Camino a Macondo

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Esperanto, German, Croatian
Learns: Russian

Postby Radioclare » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm

I can't give details at the moment, but a well-known publisher is considering whether there is a potential market to publish a book for learning Esperanto. They are currently researching the potential interest and have created a survey which the Esperanto Association of Britain has been asked to share.

If you are learning Esperanto and have time to take the survey, we'd be extremely grateful - please see here for details and a link.

Dankon :)
4 x

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Nedankinde! I have now taken the survey.
1 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:15 am

IronMike wrote:If you really want an out of the box alternative, how about the 10th Middle Eastern/1st Caucasian E-o Conference, 31 Mar-3 Apr in Georgia? If you're interested, let me know. My daughter and I are going!

Mi grave ŝatas la ŝancon viziti Esperantajn konferencojn en eksterskatolaj lokoj, kaj ĝi estas vere tentaminda ĵeti ĉion kiun mi havas en la manoj kaj iri al Kutajso. Mi pasigis kelkajn horojn en la urbo en 2000, kaj ĝi ŝajnis kiel plezura kaj tre paca loko. Sed pro iuj familiaj cirkonstancoj, mi estas malema al vojaĝi foren en la proksima estonteco.

Davit-II-Aghmashenebeli-Kutaisi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Return to “Study Groups”