German group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Re: German group

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:37 pm

warum sprechen wir auf Englisch? Wäre es nicht besser auf Deutsch?
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm

ARD uploaded Cloud Atlas yesterday. Dubbed with near perfect subtitles. You need a German IP though.
2 x

Ogrim
Brown Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B2), Dutch (B1), Croatian (A2), Arabic (on hold), Ancient Greek (learning), Romanian (on hold)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Postby Ogrim » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:06 pm

For intermediate an advanced learners interested in German politics I can recommend the site Das Parlament. You can download their journal for free as a pdf. The journal and the site are edited by the Bundeszentrale für Politische Bildung which is linked to the German Bundestag and has as its role to spread knowledge about politics and the functioning of parliamentary democracy.

For the not-so-advanced learner they have a nice section called Das Parlament Leicht erklärt. Here you will find a number of pdf documents which explain different topics in simple language and short sentences.
2 x
Ich grolle nicht

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:40 pm

vogeltje wrote:warum sprechen wir auf Englisch? Wäre es nicht besser auf Deutsch?
To my mind, the more appropriate place for such discussions would be in the Multilingual Room and, more specifically, in the group "Wer spricht Deutsch?" that you created in July, 2015. http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=883
2 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:38 am

Speakeasy wrote:
vogeltje wrote:warum sprechen wir auf Englisch? Wäre es nicht besser auf Deutsch?
To my mind, the more appropriate place for such discussions would be in the Multilingual Room and, more specifically, in the group "Wer spricht Deutsch?" that you created in July, 2015. http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=883

Ok, no problem.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:04 pm

vogeltje wrote:
Speakeasy wrote:

Ok, no problem.

I'm not comfortable with writing in German, so I don't think there should be a feeling of 'having' to use German (also, other beginner learners like me will benefit from the forum language being used). But I think if you want to write in German, that's fine although it's worth providing a translation for those of us who are less advanced :)
2 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Elenia wrote:
vogeltje wrote:
Speakeasy wrote:

Ok, no problem.

I'm not comfortable with writing in German, so I don't think there should be a feeling of 'having' to use German (also, other beginner learners like me will benefit from the forum language being used). But I think if you want to write in German, that's fine although it's worth providing a translation for those of us who are less advanced :)

Ok, thanks, but it's fine. I thought that "german group" meant to write in German, but then it would be Deutsche Gruppe, so it' s in English.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Saw this, thought you guys might be interested. http://mylanguages.org/learn_german.php
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:34 am

Opening Post wrote:
Rules:

2.The langauge of this thread will be unfortunately English, for the same practical reasons Iguanamnon described well in the Spanish group thread. Of course German posts are welcome, but provide a translation or overview for the beginners among us.

I thought our administrator finally came to point out the forum and group rules, but no. I guess I'll have to afterall.

I once got busted for writing a post with just one Chinese character... because I was writing it out for someone who asked how to write it :?
0 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:03 am

smallwhite wrote:
Opening Post wrote:
Rules:

2.The langauge of this thread will be unfortunately English, for the same practical reasons Iguanamnon described well in the Spanish group thread. Of course German posts are welcome, but provide a translation or overview for the beginners among us.

I thought our administrator finally came to point out the forum and group rules, but no. I guess I'll have to afterall.

I once got busted for writing a post with just one Chinese character... because I was writing it out for someone who asked how to write it :?

Yes, this was already explaiend by Elenia and Speakeasy so you can stop following me to criticise now thank you.
0 x

Return to “Study Groups”