Le groupe français 2016 - 2023 Les Voyageurs

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Carmody
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)
Language Log: http://tinyurl.com/zot7wrs

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby Carmody » Thu May 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks very much.
1 x

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Carmody wrote:where does one go with a question of this sort so as not to bother people?

Wiktionary
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/s%27#French

so maybe other dictionaries as well; not all dictionaries will list all the rules, but they may give you some idea as to what keywords to google when they mention "contracts to...", "elision of...", "before a vowel...", "h muet..."
2 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Carmody wrote:Part two:
So the second and more important part of the question is where does one go with a question of this sort so as not to bother people?

This is a forum for language learners. You are learning a language. You have asked a nontrivial question about the language you are learning. Hence, when you ask the question in this forum, you are not bothering people. ;)
I mean, if you asked where was the best place in Kansas City to get good barbecue, that might be a bother. :)
8 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

arthaey
Brown Belt
Languages: :
EN (native);
ES (adv receptive, int productive);
FR (false beginner);
DE (lapsed beg);
ASL (lapsed beg);
HU (tourist)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3864&view=unread#unread

Postby arthaey » Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 pm

MorkTheFiddle wrote:This is a forum for language learners. You are learning a language. You have asked a nontrivial question about the language you are learning. Hence, when you ask the question in this forum, you are not bothering people. ;)

Hear, hear!

MorkTheFiddle wrote:I mean, if you asked where was the best place in Kansas City to get good barbecue, that might be a bother. :)

Mais tout les topics sont acceptable, si on les écrit en français ! (Ou quelque autre langue qui n'est pas l'anglais.) :)
7 x
Posts in: FrenchGermanHungarianSpanish
NaNoWriMo: 10,000 words
Corrections welcome in any language; I prefer an informal register.

Voxel
Yellow Belt
Languages: French (N), English (I), Russian (?), Japanese (?)

Postby Voxel » Sat May 20, 2017 9:05 am

arthaey wrote:
MorkTheFiddle wrote:I mean, if you asked where was the best place in Kansas City to get good barbecue, that might be a bother. :)

Mais tout les topics sont acceptable, si on les écrit en français ! (Ou quelque autre langue qui n'est pas l'anglais.) :)

Quelques corrections pour que tu puisses améliorer ta grammaire :
Mais tous les sujets sont acceptables, si on les écrit en français ! (Ou toute autre langue que l'anglais.)

Et donc quel est le meilleur endroit de Kansas City pour faire un barbecue ? :D
4 x

Arlandryyy333
Languages: English (N), French (B1)

Postby Arlandryyy333 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:53 am

tomgosse wrote:Purpose :
To learn and improve our French listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills as much as possible.

L'année 2016 commence ici: 2016
L'année 2017 commence ici: 2017

Les réglelments
  • This group is open to people of all levels.
  • You can post in French only. But do be patient with any beginners, and if you become aware that some are struggling to follow your posts consider providing a translation.
  • Members should subscribe to this post.
  • Members should start and keep a log that chronicles their studies. It's okay to use a log that's already started, or just chronicle it here. What ever is easier for you.
  • Members should subscribe to the logs of other members (and read them!).
  • If you are looking for a study-buddy you can announce it here.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Play nice !
Members : This list was edited in November 2016. I removed anyone who was not active on the Language Learners forum in the last six months. If I removed you in error, or you would like to be added to the list, please let me know.

Advisors :
Nov. 19,2016
I did a little housekeeping to our group this afternoon.
  • I deleted the names of anyone who has not been active on A Language Learners' Forum for over six months. If I deleted you by accident, I am sorry. Just let me know and I will add your name back to the list.
  • If you are following this forum and are not listed as a member, but would like to be, let me know and I will add you.

I would love to join!! Je souhaite parler français couramment.
1 x

Voxel
Yellow Belt
Languages: French (N), English (I), Russian (?), Japanese (?)

Postby Voxel » Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 am

Quand je vois autant de gens qui veulent apprendre le français, je me dis que j'ai de la chance de le parler. :)
4 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Sat May 27, 2017 11:33 am

Arlandryyy333 wrote:I would love to join!!

Bonjour et bienvenue ! Welcome to the group. I added your name to the list, and when you set up a log I will link it to your name.
Je souhaite parler français couramment.

Ne sommes-nous pas tous ? :lol:
Tom
1 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Fortheo
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (?) Russian (beginner)

Postby Fortheo » Wed May 31, 2017 11:41 pm

tomgosse wrote:
Fortheo wrote:I thought I accidentally posted naughty links or something. On a positive note, I spent my extra time on the blog, which has a really great list of French YouTube channels--i found one about philosophy that I'm really enjoying, so at least something good came from this :)

I'm glad it's all sorted out. This is like one of three sites that I actually browse regularly.

What is the name of the philosophy channel? Thank you.

Hey tom, I figured I'd respond to you in the group thread since it seemed like the more appropriate place for the link. The channel I
referred to was:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanyCaligula

He talks very clearly, so It's good for my comprehension, plus he touches upon a lot of philosophical questions that I ponder over often, for instance, in this video:

He asks, "ne valons-nous que ce que nous produisons?"

One last thing: I'm not sure if this applies to all of his videos, but the videos I watched all had captions available in English and French and they seemed extremely accurate. It's clearly not a hardcore philosophy channel, but I'm enjoying it and it's right at my level.
5 x

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Do you know of any french sites with popular TV series and near perfect subtitles? I've gone through the resources without result. French public service has a few but their site is awful with mixed premium and free content while hiding anything that doesn't fit on the first page so it's difficult to navigate. I've found Brooklyn 99 and Avatar, le dernier maître de l'air which is nice. I'm toying with the idea of using subs2srs for listening comprehension but it's mostly down to finding a decent long show. Avatar would be a good option, covering 23+ hours, but I missed the first 47 episodes and only recorded the last 14.
2 x

Return to “Study Groups”