East Asian Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Re: East Asian Team - 2017~

Postby galaxyrocker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:06 am

ロータス wrote:Alot of people seem to think this is a TAC group but I was planning on this to be a study group like the others. More permanent. That why I put a '~' xD I'm fine with people just staying for just the year but this thread will hopeful last forever.

I'm glad to hear that as that's what I prefer over the general TAC.
0 x

Xelian
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)

Studying actively:
日本語 (B2)

Studying off and on:
한국어 (A2)
svenska (B1)
中文 (A1)
Tiếng Việt
Deutsch (beginner)

On the back burner:
Español (A2)
ASL (A1)
العَرَبِيَّة

Maybe some other time:
Български (A1)

Interested in:
Arabic (Egyptian, Yemeni), Hindi, Turkish, Thai, Tibetan, Nepali, Bengali, Urdu, Russian, Armenian, Greek, Kurdish, Farsi
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17163

Postby Xelian » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 am

ロータス wrote:Alot of people seem to think this is a TAC group but I was planning on this to be a study group like the others. More permanent. That why I put a '~' xD I'm fine with people just staying for just the year but this thread will hopeful last forever.

If that's the case, I can stick around even after 2017. I have plans to continue learning all three of my focus East Asian languages for many years to come. I also want to stick around the forum for a long time too, so consider me in! We'll see if we have any other members left by the end of 2017, though! XDD
0 x
: 84 / 1000 Japanese Pages Read

Irusejka
Languages: Українська (N)
English (B2)
Eesti keel (B2)
Español (B1-B2)

Tagalog (A1)
Bahasa Indonesia (beginner)
Português (A1)

Postby Irusejka » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am

I am absolute beginner in Tagalog, so my goal for this year is to achieve A1. I will mostly focus on other languages.
0 x

Meera
White Belt
Languages: Hindi/Urdu (Advanced), Arabic (Intermediate). Japanese (Beginner), Bengali (Beginner)

Postby Meera » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Is there still time to be added?
0 x

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Postby galaxyrocker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I asked for some movie recommendations in my log, and I'll also ask here, just for future reference. As I said there, I've been on a martial arts film kick, generally from Hong Kong. I was just wondering if there was anything in the genre that had been done in Japanese, or any documentaries about Japanese Martial Arts (budo or ryu) that've been made (with subtitles). Iguanmon offered some interesting ones about the samurai, which I plan to watch, and I'd like recommendations about those too if you know any. Thanks.
0 x

Meera
White Belt
Languages: Hindi/Urdu (Advanced), Arabic (Intermediate). Japanese (Beginner), Bengali (Beginner)

Postby Meera » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:56 am

ロータス wrote:
Meera wrote:Is there still time to be added?

Yes, I can add you. You are studying Japanese?

Yes I want to be added for Japanese :)
0 x

Meera
White Belt

Postby Meera » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:14 am

ロータス wrote:
Meera wrote: Yes I want to be added for Japanese :)

Have you just started Japanese? How far along are you? Be sure to look at the second post on this thread for resources :D

I'm still a beginner, I am studying Japanese in uni and next week I will be going into Intermediate 1. And thank you I will check it out :)
0 x

cathrynm
Orange Belt
Languages: Japanese(JLPT N3), Finnish(beginner), English(native)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=721

Postby cathrynm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey guys. I've been studying Japanese basically forever. It's a new year, I suppose time for a new start, though my active studying has been mostly Finnish the last month or so. Have been friending Japanese on Facebook, so am reading.
0 x

cathrynm
Orange Belt
Languages: Japanese(JLPT N3), Finnish(beginner), English(native)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=721

Postby cathrynm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Mostly news/political. I've hooked up with groups in Japan opposed to the US bases in Okinawa. These guys want to spread their message, and there's always some protest going on, something like this.
0 x

Bao
Green Belt
Languages: German, English
Spanish, French, Japanese

Postby Bao » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

I'll go back to Germany in April, so I will be able to spend my time on Japanese and whatever I fancy at a given time without constantly feeling guilty that I should be working on my French, I hope. So ... in the expectation that I'll be able to contribute a bit at least, I'd like to be added. :)
0 x
Megalomanoglot. Bof!

Return to “Study Groups”