Course Completion Challenge -- Open for business!

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Ani
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (getting fairly proficient), Finnish (on hold) Greek and Russian (beginner)

Re: Course Completion Challenge -- Open for business!

Postby Ani » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm

solocricket wrote:I hope this counts as completing a course for this challenge??

Yes it counts, if that is what you want out of the course. :)
1 x
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Ani
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (getting fairly proficient), Finnish (on hold) Greek and Russian (beginner)

Postby Ani » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 pm

I just realized it has been 9 months since I posted my intention to do.all.the.french. Unsurprisingly I haven't completed that yet. I did decided to drop Assimil forever (and then burn it and dance on it's ashes). I'm making the most progress in the CLE xxxxxxx Progressive series although I am not where I had hoped I'd be. Life got in the way of formal course work for about 5 months of those 9.

In the 3 months that will push me to the 1 year mark, I'm going to complete as much as I can of the original plan and then make a full report.
1 x
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-JM-
White Belt
Languages: Turkish (N), English (Fluent), French (A1-?-)

Postby -JM- » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 am

Language: French

Duolingo: 38/80 (May)
Pimsleur: 44/150 (July)
Grammaire Progressive Intermédiare: 14/52 (May)
Teach Yourself French: 10/32 (May)
Michel Thomas: 10/14 (April)
Assimil FWT: 16/119 (June)
Assimil NFWE: 18/97 (June)

Woody Allen Movies: 34/50
0 x

MamaPata
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B1), Spanish (A2), Russian (low B1), Latin (A2 once upon a time!), Arabic (abandoned)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3004

Postby MamaPata » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 pm

MamaPata wrote:Russian:
Colloquial Russian 2 - I would really like to finish this by about February. It's not a perfect textbook, but it's currently useful for me (and it's what I have!)
Russian in Exercises. - No end date, just keep plugging at it! For me this is the only way to make the noun endings more automatic)
I know and love Russian verbs - Same as previous!

French:
Colloquial French 2 - Again, I want to finish this by February
Alter Ego B1 - Hopefully aiming to finish this by next summer.

I have finally finished Colloquial Russian 2! Far far later than planned, but life got in the way. :lol: I am planning to continue with the others (as I haven't really been working on them, and to add Intermediate Russian: A Grammar and Workbook
3 x
SC French Hours: 133 / 150 SC French Pages: 4084 / 5000
SC Russian Hours: 67 / 150 SC Russian Pages: 1067 / 5000
Output Challenge: 6398 / 50000

Ani
Green Belt

Postby Ani » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 pm

MamaPata wrote:I have finally finished Colloquial Russian 2! Far far later than planned, but life got in the way. :lol: I am planning to continue with the others (as I haven't really been working on them, and to add Intermediate Russian: A Grammar and Workbook

Yay ! Congratulations, good job :)
2 x

solocricket
Orange Belt
Languages: My good languages: English (N), French (C1), Spanish (B2), Italian (reading knowledge)
Languishing Languages: Dutch (~B1), Icelandic (B1 passive), Yiddish (basic passive), Japanese (smattering of reading knowledge, lots of vocab, maybe I'll get back to it someday)
Studying: Polish (A2)
Wish List: Chinese, Urdu, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew... yep
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5502

Postby solocricket » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Just finished lesson 5/12 of First Year Polish! Almost halfway there. I decided to drop the Hebrew for now-- I'm just not enthusiastic enough right now, so I'm going to focus on Polish for the time being while I don't have too much wanderlust :)
1 x

Elexi
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B1), German (A2), Latin (eternal beginner), Dutch (Aspires to find the time).

Postby Elexi » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Linguaphone German is complete - although I realise from the last three lessons that I need to do a lot more work on both the Konjunctiv I and II. I enjoyed the course - but I think it needs to be done with a grammar book as the notes only point to where to go. The same, I suppose, could be said for Assimil.

Anyway, I had intended to used the second level of Linguaphone course, but I think I am now going to go backwards a bit in language level and finish off the BBC's Deutsch Direkt course - a video/audio course I started but never progressed with. It has two levels of following on courses (Deutsch Express and Ganz Spontan), so I intend to use these for the foreseeable future.
1 x

Return to “Language challenges & teams”