Team Spanish - TAC 2016

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Mohave
Orange Belt
Languages: English (Native),
French (enjoying and still learning the language)
Spanish (Beginner)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... f=15&t=766

Re: Team Spanish - TAC 2016

Postby Mohave » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Allison wrote:First, I have put together a list of resources in the second post of this thread. As it says there, if you have anything to add or change, either about the resource itself or any of the explanations, please let me know and I will edit the post. I put everything mentioned in this thread, stuff I like, and stuff I've seen recommended. It can definitely be improved upon—for one thing, I don't have anything about conversation exchanges.

Allison,

This has to be about one of the most complete resources page for any TAC team that I have seen in my time around HTLAL/LLF. Thank you for all of your work that you put into this!
2 x
Spanish Motivation: Dec 2018 - Costa Rica
Spanish Pimsleur 3: 6 / 30 Assimil: 56 / 100
Spanish Super Challenge Books: 2 / 50 Movies: 0 / 100
French Super Challenge Books: 24 / 100 Movies: 22 / 100

My Goodreads

Hank
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), Welsh (studying)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833

Postby Hank » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:54 am

I would be interested in some kind of conversational, written challenge. I want to work on output, but it's hard and I'm lazy. :lol: Just everyday stuff like "How was your day?", "How was work?", "What are your plans for this weekend?"

Maybe we could do it as an ongoing thing and not an official challenge. Someone could start a ¿Qué pasa? post and we could have an ongoing conversation among ourselves where we only write in Spanish. Of course, we would have to keep it in this thread so the more advanced people wouldn't be tempted to participate and make us look bad. :lol: Hmmm...maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea if some more advanced folks got involved. :D
2 x
Future travel plans:
2020: Cruise to Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas

LMAshton
Yellow Belt
Languages: English N,
German A1, Spanish A0, French A0
Next: Plautdeutsch, Sinhala
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1729

Postby LMAshton » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Estoy enfermo. No es divertido. Hola! Llamo Laurie. Soy canadiense, pero vivo corrientemente en Sri Lanka con mi esposo.

My Spanish is very beginner, and I'm not very good, so that's about all I can manage. Well, unless I want to talk about liking pineapple and bananas and monkeys are grey. Oh, hey! Wait a sec!

Los monos en Sri Lanka es gris. Viven en jungle y caminan en cable de teléfono.

They lived in one of the neighborhoods where we lived. Anyway... Yes, my Spanish is pathetic.

I love the idea of an ongoing conversation about whatever that's at our level. Or, at least, where we can write at our level. :)
2 x
LMAshton on Memrise.
: 114 / 1612 German A2 on Memrise
: 188 / 5038 German 5000 Words on Memrise
: 1017 / 1706 Spanish A1 on Memrise
: 1479 / 1663 French A1 on Memrise
: 53 / 5000 French 5000 Words on Memrise

Hank
Green Belt

Postby Hank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 pm

LMAshton wrote:Anyway... Yes, my Spanish is pathetic.

That's okay. That's why we're here! :D
1 x
Future travel plans:

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:22 pm

I don't want to intrude and I certainly do not want to discourage anyone from writing. I am not qualified to fix anyone's Spanish but I believe it's Estoy enferma for LMAshton. Los monos should be followed by a plural verb. The adjective gris may need to change to grises unless you reformulate the sentence to something like ...de color gris.

I am making these conclusions purely through observations how things work in other Romance languages. I believe having a more advanced speaker of Spanish around would be beneficial for you guys.
3 x

Allison
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native), Spanish (high intermediate-ish), American Sign Language (ASL) (I dabble occasionally)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5177

Postby Allison » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Hank wrote:I would be interested in some kind of conversational, written challenge. I want to work on output, but it's hard and I'm lazy. :lol: Just everyday stuff like "How was your day?", "How was work?", "What are your plans for this weekend?"

Maybe we could do it as an ongoing thing and not an official challenge. Someone could start a ¿Qué pasa? post and we could have an ongoing conversation among ourselves where we only write in Spanish. Of course, we would have to keep it in this thread so the more advanced people wouldn't be tempted to participate and make us look bad. :lol: Hmmm...maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea if some more advanced folks got involved. :D

I think that's a good idea. Hank, you should start a thread like that in the Español forum. Maybe our February challenge could be to post in that thread a certain number of times during the month?
0 x

Hank
Green Belt

Postby Hank » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:23 pm

I can do that. I just returned from a trip, so I'm tired and I can barely understand English right now. :lol: I'll try to get something up this week. I'll write an introduction so everyone knows what's going on.
1 x
Future travel plans:

Hank
Green Belt

Postby Hank » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:01 pm

I started a thread in the Español forum called Conversación en Español so we can chat. I wrote an intro and made the first conversation post.
1 x
Future travel plans:

Allison
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native), Spanish (high intermediate-ish), American Sign Language (ASL) (I dabble occasionally)

Postby Allison » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 am

Thanks, Hank! I'll take a look tomorrow and try to post something.
0 x

Allison
Orange Belt

Postby Allison » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Hank wrote:I started a thread in the Español forum called Conversación en Español so we can chat. I wrote an intro and made the first conversation post.

I responded! It's already nice to have a low-key place to practice. Since no one has objected or suggested anything else, I suppose we have our February challenge. How many postings do you think is a good monthly challenge?

Forgetting about the challenge(s) for the moment, how is everyone doing? For me, January was great overall, but last week, I was sick for a couple days, and I just haven't regained my momentum yet.
2 x

Return to “Language Challenges”