Team Spanish - TAC 2016

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
arthaey
Brown Belt
Languages: :
EN (native);
ES (adv receptive, int productive);
FR (false beginner);
DE (lapsed beg);
ASL (lapsed beg);
HU (tourist)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3864&view=unread#unread

Re: Team Spanish - TAC 2016

Postby arthaey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:55 am

I'm an intermediate/advanced Spanish student, so I won't be joining this team but I will be lurking and commenting if I think I have something useful to contribute. :)
3 x
Posts in: FrenchGermanHungarianSpanish
NaNoWriMo: 10,000 words
Corrections welcome in any language; I prefer an informal register.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:43 pm

The 6WC is great! I recommend it too. It's much more intense than TAC and there is a Twitterbot to keep track of scores. I linked to it so you can read about how to do it. It's not as complicated as it seems at first glance.
1 x

Allison
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native), Spanish (high intermediate-ish), American Sign Language (ASL) (I dabble occasionally)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5177

Postby Allison » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 pm

It looks like drthomasfbrown has become Tomás, and the list of members has been updated accordingly.
0 x

haziz
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (L2 but at native level - my primary language), Spanish (Beginner - ?A1), Egyptian Arabic (N but not using the language), Modern Standard Arabic (?C1 passive/reading, A2 active/writing - also not using), French (Studied in school but retained very little).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19722

Postby haziz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:The 6WC is great! I recommend it too. It's much more intense than TAC and there is a Twitterbot to keep track of scores. I linked to it so you can read about how to do it. It's not as complicated as it seems at first glance.

And for those of us that avoid Twitter and Facebook like the plague, and have no interest in joining Twitter?
1 x
Spanish:
: 23 / 55 Platiquemos/FSI
: 0 / 10 Aula internacional Plus 2
: 16 / 126 Gramática de uso del español
: 0 / 6 Difusion graded readers
: 1 / 15 Spanish for Reading
: 11 / 52 Destinos

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:53 am

haziz wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:The 6WC is great! I recommend it too. It's much more intense than TAC and there is a Twitterbot to keep track of scores. I linked to it so you can read about how to do it. It's not as complicated as it seems at first glance.

And for those of us that avoid Twitter and Facebook like the plague, and have no interest in joining Twitter?

I had no interest in joining Twitter before trying the 6WC and the Super Challenge, and I still use it almost exclusively for recording challenges. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's actually very convenient. However, you can check the information in the link; I think you are still allowed to join even if you don't want to do the Twitter part of it. Your score just won't be recorded. Remember, there are no prizes or accolades for winning, so it doesn't really matter. It's just that some of us enjoy the game.
1 x

Mohave
Orange Belt
Languages: English (Native),
French (enjoying and still learning the language)
Spanish (Beginner)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... f=15&t=766

Postby Mohave » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:
haziz wrote:

I had no interest in joining Twitter before trying the 6WC and the Super Challenge, and I still use it almost exclusively for recording challenges. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's actually very convenient. However, you can check the information in the link; I think you are still allowed to join even if you don't want to do the Twitter part of it. Your score just won't be recorded. Remember, there are no prizes or accolades for winning, so it doesn't really matter. It's just that some of us enjoy the game.

+1

I set up a Twitter account for the first time to join the Supper Challenge and the 6WC also. I wasn't interested at all in Twitter. I ended up loving the TwitterBots for both and hope that their use will be expanded to future challenges. Also, I have found a lot of easy to grab language learning material/native through various Twitter lists. Stella has a great Twitter list of Spanish resources that she shared; emk and scrotyenne also have great French Twitter lists that I follow. I will try to find and link the post which has many of the shared Twitter lists.
1 x
Spanish Motivation: Dec 2018 - Costa Rica
Spanish Pimsleur 3: 6 / 30 Assimil: 56 / 100
Spanish Super Challenge Books: 2 / 50 Movies: 0 / 100
French Super Challenge Books: 24 / 100 Movies: 22 / 100

My Goodreads

LMAshton
Yellow Belt
Languages: English N,
German A1, Spanish A0, French A0
Next: Plautdeutsch, Sinhala
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1729

Postby LMAshton » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:35 pm

I added a whole bunch of twits who tweet in my target languages specifically for the exposure and educational value. And in the process, found I understood waaaay more than I thought I would.
2 x
LMAshton on Memrise.
: 114 / 1612 German A2 on Memrise
: 188 / 5038 German 5000 Words on Memrise
: 1017 / 1706 Spanish A1 on Memrise
: 1479 / 1663 French A1 on Memrise
: 53 / 5000 French 5000 Words on Memrise

Hank
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), Welsh (studying)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833

Postby Hank » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Here is my attempt at an introduction. I tried to write without looking up any words or phrases, but ended up looking at a conjugation or two just to make sure I was close at least. This was only my second real attempt at writing. I'm sure there are errors. Corrections are appreciated.

¡Hola amigos! Mi español no es muy bueno. No necesitarías Google Translate. :lol: Vivo en Missouri, EE.UU. He estudiando español para cinco meses. Uso Duolingo, Memrise, y otras cosas. Miro televisión en español y escucho música latinoamericano. Es muy diversión. Me gustan los videojuegos. Toco la guitarra. Escribo música y lo pongo en el internet. ¡Quizás seré famoso algún día! :lol:
2 x
Future travel plans:
2020: Cruise to Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas

Kulelyn
White Belt
Languages: German (N)
Speaks: English, Norwegian
Learns: Spanish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1711

Postby Kulelyn » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:38 pm

I submitted the introduction to lang-8 before posting it here because it's only my third try at writing and I didn't want to post a complete mess. I'm more a consumer of languages :?

Soy de Alemania. Empecé a aprender español hace más o menos 8 años con cursos de Pimsleur y Michel Thomas. Era muy divertido pero cuando mi novio empezó aprender el noruego, le acompañaba y abandoné el español. A comienzos del año pasado tenía ganas de jugar un poco con el español mientras estudiaba turco. Después de cuatro meses el turco se me había olvidado y solamente estudiaba el castellano. No tengo ninguna buena razón para estudiar español. No conozco a nadie que hable el idioma y no lo requiero para mi trabajo. Puedo entender podcasts de RTVE y estoy leyendo un libro que no es demasiado difícil y que había leído hace quince años en mi lengua materna. Esta es la tercera vez que escribo algo. Todavía tengo mucho que aprender.

I'm from Germany. I started learning Spanish more or less 8 years ago with Pimsleur and Michel Thomas. It was fun but when my boyfriend started learning Norwegian, I joined him and abandoned Spanish. At the beginning of last year I started playing around with Spanish while studying Turkish. After four months Turkish was forgotten and I was only studying Spanish. There isn't any good reason for me to learn Spanish. I don't know anyone who speaks it nor do I need it for work. I understand large parts of podcasts from RTVE and at the moment I'm reading a book that's not too dificult and that I've already read in my native tongue 15 years ago. There's still much to learn.

edit: added some missing letters
1 x
Spanish
: 25 / 109 Assimil active
: 1 / 6 Books
: 298 / 50000 Output words
: 0 / 3000 Output minutes

jennybenny25
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), BSL (Lvl2), French (Beginner A1), Spanish (Beginner), Turkish (Beginner), Japanese (Beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1743&p=17622#p17586

Postby jennybenny25 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello

Could i be added to the group please as im a beginner and starting to dabble again at spanish :)

thankyou!

xx
0 x
SpanishDuolingo: 20 / 64

SC Films: 1 / 50

SC Books: 0 / 50

Outputchallenge: 220 / 50000

FirstSpanishReader: 5 / 29

CoffeeBreakSpanishSeason1: 10 / 40

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FirstFrenchReader: 15 / 29

Writing: 243 / 1000

FrenchDuolingo: 29 / 78

CoffeeBreakFrenchSeason1: 15 / 40

LiveFrench: 2 / 25

Return to “Language Challenges”