Esperanto team - TAC 2016 - Team Thread

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Re: Esperanto team - TAC 2016 - Team Thread

Postby Spoonary » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Sal Stelle! Ĉu ne estas komunumaj instruistoj ĉe italki kun kiu praktiki esperanton? Vi povus provi la esperantan grupon ĉe Telegram kaj tie ĉi praktiki esperantan skribadon. Estas ankaŭ aliaj grupoj ĉe Telegram ekzemple Esperantujo kaj unu en kiu oni sendas voĉmesaĝojn sed mi ne havas la ligilojn por tiuj grupoj do vi devus peti al la grupanoj de la unua grupo por ke ili sendu la ligilojn al vi. Bonan ŝancon! :mrgreen:
2 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Spoonary wrote:Sal Stelle! Ĉu ne estas komunumaj instruistoj ĉe italki kun kiu praktiki esperanton? Vi povus provi la esperantan grupon ĉe Telegram kaj tie ĉi praktiki esperantan skribadon. Estas ankaŭ aliaj grupoj ĉe Telegram ekzemple Esperantujo kaj unu en kiu oni sendas voĉmesaĝojn sed mi ne havas la ligilojn por tiuj grupoj do vi devus peti al la grupanoj de la unua grupo por ke ili sendu la ligilojn al vi. Bonan ŝancon! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the suggestions, Spoonary! An italki tutor is usually my default for speaking practice, but there are only two Esperanto tutors available, and neither of their schedules mesh with mine.

I must admit that I probably won't try telegram. :oops: I'm sure that it's a great tool...but...I just don't want to put anything new on my phone, especially anything with social-media-like qualities. I feel the same way about Speaky and other resources that have come highly recommended. Ugh, and now I'm one of those people who asks for recommendations and then ignores them. Mi pardonpetas. :oops: So thank you for taking the time to respond, even though I'm obviously too much of a luddite to actually act on your helpful suggestions. :lol:
1 x

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Esperanto, German, Croatian
Learns: Russian

Postby Radioclare » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:52 pm

Stelle wrote:Saluton teamo! Mi havas demandon por vi. Kie vi trovas esperantistoj por praktiki? Mi volas trovi instruiston en Skype, sed gxi ne estas facila. Mi trovis esperantistoj por interŝanĝi lingvo, sed ili estas komencantoj, kiel mi. Gxi estas tre malfacila renkonti esperantistojn progresintojn por praktiki. Cxu vi havas ideojn por mi? Dankon!

It's easy for me because I live with an Esperantist :lol:

I would have recommended Tim M at iTalki (I know him in real life and he's a brilliant teacher) but I'm guessing he's one of the ones you've already seen and the schedules don't work.

It's possible to practise Esperanto in the forums at Lernu, but obviously there is a high proportion of beginners there so you do have to be aware that not everything that is written will be 100% grammatically correct. I often receive messages from people at Lernu who want to correspond (mostly men, it has to be said!) so I assume it is possible to search for people you might have interests in common with and write them a message, but I've never done that.

I don't know much about the Canadian Esperanto Association, but it could be worth contacting them even if you're not interested in real-life meet-ups and see if they have anything to offer. In the UK we have a free correspondence course where people are paired with a tutor, for example, and there used to be a "telephone buddy" scheme where people were paired with a more experienced speaker for conversational practice.

I've never used it so not sure whether it's still current, but there is a Reta Babilejo where you can apparently practice speaking Esperanto at set times of the day.
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Radioclare wrote:In the UK we have a free correspondence course where people are paired with a tutor, for example, and there used to be a "telephone buddy" scheme where people were paired with a more experienced speaker for conversational practice.

How do I sign up?
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby Radioclare » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm

rdearman wrote:
Radioclare wrote:In the UK we have a free correspondence course where people are paired with a tutor, for example, and there used to be a "telephone buddy" scheme where people were paired with a more experienced speaker for conversational practice.

How do I sign up?

The first lesson of the course is here. It's quite basic, but if you do the exercises and email them to the email address on the last page, the office will assign you a tutor who will mark your sentences and send you the next lesson. The tutors are normally really helpful and give advice outside of the course structure :)

Not sure whether the telephone buddies are still going!
1 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Postby tarvos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:32 am

Ah, I took classes with Anĝel P. She's also good.
0 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:07 am

tarvos wrote:Ah, I took classes with Anĝel P. She's also good.

I actually have a session booked with her now. Thanks!
0 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:49 am

Jen la kialo por ke mi vidas la filmetojn de Evildea :lol:
1 x

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby Radioclare » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:03 pm

My friend Ian did a nice interview about Esperanto on a local radio station this week - thought some of you might be interested in hearing it :)

1 x

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby Radioclare » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:49 pm

A little bit short notice, but my boyfriend is doing Ask Me Anything for Esperanto on the Duolingo forums this evening :)
1 x

Return to “Language Challenges”