La Manada: Intermediate / Advanced Spanish TAC 2016

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Yuurei
Green Belt
Languages: German (N), English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin, Italian
Studying: Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Maintaining: French, Spanish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1721

Re: La Manada: Intermediate / Advanced Spanish TAC 2016

Postby Yuurei » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Spoonary wrote:Has anyone else managed to complete this month's challenge?

*coughs* *averts eyes* Not really? :oops:
I was full of good intentions, but with my sudden need for a break last week, extracurricular activities like these unfortunately got the short shrift. :(

Maybe some of the other wolves did better? XD

urdubyoddballs wrote:Nueve Reinas (a 2003 movie) is fun, and you can certainly tell it's from Argentina. There's a generally spoiler-free blog post about the language in it here: Nueve Reinas – Nuances picked up once living in Buenos Aires.

ETA: Try this thread also - Is Spanish-Language Cinema Underrated?

Thanks a lot for your recommendations! I did not manage to watch anything this month after all, but I definitely put Nueve Reinas and Tiempo de valientes (from the thread you linked) on my to-watch list. Always good to have some original foreign language movies on there. ^_^

James29 wrote:I like the Telemundo telenovelas. There are a ton of them and they are all free on the Telemundo website. I'm 80% done with Los Miserables right now and will be watching Celia next. Celia is "historical" in the sense that it is about a famous Cuban singer and takes place with important historical events in Cuba as the backdrop.

Thanks a lot to you too! I'll definitely check out some of those series in the future. :)
1 x

evilado
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish(Adv), Mandarin (Lower Intermediate)
Not Actively Studying: French (Intermediate)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1796

Postby evilado » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:01 pm

I'll join the chorus : February was a short month, I was busy, and didn't particularly feel like watching the Chilean version of the office. I did watch a couple episodes, but was bored an often didn't catch enough of the jokes to enjoy it.

I'm open to trying this challenge again later this year, but I'm more interested in a challenge for March that motivates all of us.

Read a short story?
Read some poetry aloud?
Memorize & record a favorite poem?
Write 5000 words & submit to italki/lang-8?
1 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:52 pm

---
Last edited by reineke on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:32 pm

¡Hola lob@s! Sorry for the radio silence! February is always a tough month.

Challenge? Ummmm. Errrr. Nope! No challenge completed in this part of the world.

Honestly - I'm not sure if challenges will really work for this group. I think challenges are much easier to manage in a group for beginners, since everyone can generally benefit from the same type of work. For us? I'm not so sure! Most of us probably need to write more and read more and listen/watch more and talk more.

While I'm very happy to keep suggesting and announcing monthly challenges, I'm not sure that I'm willing to commit to completing them myself! ¡jaja!

What I'd really like is to find a few people who are interested in reading the same book or watching the same TV series sort-of-kind-of together. For instance - after finishing with El Internado, I'd like to watch El Ministerio del Tiempo. I'd love to find one or more people interested in watching along with me!

I loved reading Apocalipsis Z* with Spoonary and arthaey, even though we didn't really talk much about it. It was just fun knowing that I wasn't the only one reading it. Likewise with Gran Hotel, that I watched at the same time as a few friends on the old htlal (who sadly don't seem to have migrated to our lovely new home). Everyone goes at their own pace, and discusses (or doesn't discuss) as the urge hits.

(*aside: Apocalipsis Z book 2 was stupid. And I'm absolutely *not* going to read book 3. Too bad!)
3 x

James29
Blue Belt
Languages: English (Native)
Spanish (C1-ish)
French (Beginner)
Portuguese (Thinking about it)

Postby James29 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm not much for challenges or group efforts. I still feel bad saying I'd probably participate in the book group... then after the group got started I never even started the book. That being said, I'd like some additional motivation to watch another telenovela and might participate in a group TV show watching experience. I'm probably going to start Celia on Telemundo in a month or so.
0 x

Yuurei
Green Belt
Languages: German (N), English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin, Italian
Studying: Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Maintaining: French, Spanish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1721

Postby Yuurei » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Stelle wrote:What I'd really like is to find a few people who are interested in reading the same book or watching the same TV series sort-of-kind-of together. For instance - after finishing with El Internado, I'd like to watch El Ministerio del Tiempo. I'd love to find one or more people interested in watching along with me!

I'd totally be up for that! o/ Not sure about El Ministerio del Tiempo specifically - I watched a couple of eps last year and wasn't really convinced (maybe because people keep telling me it's the Spanish Doctor Who and it's... really... not like DW, except that the premise has some vague similarities? :x ) - but I'd be up for sort-of reading/watching the same thing and having some people to talk to about it. Personally, I was thinking about watching Águila Roja or Carlos, Rey y Emperador once I finish Isabel, but nothing's set in stone yet.
0 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)

Postby Stelle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Yuurei wrote:I'd totally be up for that! o/ Not sure about El Ministerio del Tiempo specifically - I watched a couple of eps last year and wasn't really convinced (maybe because people keep telling me it's the Spanish Doctor Who and it's... really... not like DW, except that the premise has some vague similarities? :x ) - but I'd be up for sort-of reading/watching the same thing and having some people to talk to about it. Personally, I was thinking about watching Águila Roja or Carlos, Rey y Emperador once I finish Isabel, but nothing's set in stone yet.

OK, let's talk again when we're close to finished our current series! I still have two seasons of El Internado to go. I don't have my heart set on El Ministerio del Tiempo. I'd also be open to watching either Águila Roja or Carlos, Rey y Emperador.
0 x

Stelle
Blue Belt

Postby Stelle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 pm

¡Hola lob@s!

I have some links for any of you who may be avid travellers - or armchair travellers, for that matter! I just listened to a fun episode of Futuro Abierto, with interviews with people who have made a lifestyle out of travel:

Viajar como forma de vida

And here are the blogs/websites (en español, ¡por supuesto!) of the people who were interviewed:

Fabián Barrio
Salta conmigo
Family Run (a Spanish language blog with a very English name)
2 x

arthaey
Brown Belt
Languages: :
EN (native);
ES (adv receptive, int productive);
FR (false beginner);
DE (lapsed beg);
ASL (lapsed beg);
HU (tourist)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3864&view=unread#unread

Postby arthaey » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello all! I'm going to give frequenting the forum another shot, now that I'm done interviewing like a mad woman and have acquired myself a shiny new job. :)

Stelle wrote:OK, let's talk again when we're close to finished our current series! I still have two seasons of El Internado to go. I don't have my heart set on El Ministerio del Tiempo. I'd also be open to watching either Águila Roja or Carlos, Rey y Emperador.

Me encanta "El Ministerio del Tiempo", aunque sólo he visto las 4? 5? primeros capítulos. Pero también tengo ganas de ver estas otras series, si los demás prefieran algo distinto que el Ministerio.
0 x
Posts in: FrenchGermanHungarianSpanish
NaNoWriMo: 10,000 words
Corrections welcome in any language; I prefer an informal register.

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Sun May 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Oye, manada ¿qué tal si intentamos resucitar este tema/hilo? Empezamos el año con tantas ganas y ahora, por una razón u otra, hemos dejado abandonadita esta nuestra manada. :cry:

¿Cuántos de vosotros vais a hacer el famoso Super Challenge?
1 x

Return to “Language Challenges”