Making a Flemish-French Youtube channel?

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
guiguixx1
Orange Belt
Languages: French (N), English (C2), Dutch (C1), Spanish (C1), Italian (B2), Esperanto (A2), Portuguese (B2), German (A2), Catalan (passively)

Making a Flemish-French Youtube channel?

Postby guiguixx1 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi everyone!

As a future language teacher I began, a while ago, to buid a language website (guillaumelp.wordpress.com) to help French pupils learn Dutch. I put grammar explanation + exercices and I give some advice regarding language learning. I also already put some translations of VDM (Vie De Merde, French equivalent of FML) and wrote some short novels with grammar explanations.

After some discussion with Felix (Lohi on Youtube) I thought I should make my Youtube channel. I already had some ideas like explaining some grammar rules and giving language advice in both French and Dutch since this topic in these languages (especially Dutch) seem to be something that does not exist on Youtube yet (or does it?). This channel could be linked to my blog, that way I might attract more followers.

I was wondering if there were other things that were lacking regarding Dutch (in my case, Flemish) language material and video. I know it's sometimes difficult to find reading material for A1-A2 levels, which is why I translated VDM and wrote some (3) novels. I also think there aren't many Dutch (even less Flemish)-speaking youtubers who speak about language learning and methods. Is there something rather specific that I could discuss in some videos on the channel (or on my blog) and that are lacking on the internet? Something that might benefit a bunch of people? Please let me know your thoughts!

BTW: The videos I would put on the channel, I might also translate them in other languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, why not ^^) so that the language learning tips (though quite modest, I'm no Richard Simcott or Luca Lampariello :P) could benefit more people!

Thanks!!
1 x
Language learning and teaching website as a French teacher of Dutch and English: cameleondeslangues.be

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Re: Making a Flemish-French Youtube channel?

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Sat May 06, 2017 5:56 pm

I don't know anything about Dutch, but audio with text is always good.
1 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

guiguixx1
Orange Belt
Languages: French (N), English (C2), Dutch (C1), Spanish (C1), Italian (B2), Esperanto (A2), Portuguese (B2), German (A2), Catalan (passively)

Re: Making a Flemish-French Youtube channel?

Postby guiguixx1 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 am

I thought there would be more people interested in this project ^^'

If anymore has some feedback to give regarding the website (guillaumelp.wordpress.com) it is also welcome!
0 x
Language learning and teaching website as a French teacher of Dutch and English: cameleondeslangues.be

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”