Viglo.co - peer-to-peer digitally immersive language program

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
tommus
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2), Dutch (B2)

Viglo.co - peer-to-peer digitally immersive language program

Postby tommus » Mon May 01, 2017 12:26 pm

I just stumbled across Viglo this morning. It is new - just getting started. I have not tried it yet. It claims to support English, Spanish and French, and intends to expand its language offerings. Here are some notes from its website:

Explore the 3D Immersive Environment with your character and meet your fellow Viglo players. Talk to them about any topic you can think of in the language you want to learn. Don't know how to say something? Simply look it up then speak the translation, absorbing your new language as you continue to play.

Viglo's sole mission is to have you speaking foreign languages by taking the best known method - Language Immersion - and providing it in a digitized form.

Viglo currently offers Spanish, French, and English. If you are fluent in German or Italian, and would like to work with us to bring those languages to the world of Viglo, please contact us.

http://viglo.co/

Looks like it is an interactive 3D game or simply an interactive environment. Possibly a new way to interact with a language partner, rather than the usual Skype, etc. I don't have time to try it at the moment. Has anyone tried it? Comments?
1 x
Dutch: 01 September -> 31 December 2020
Watch 1000 Dutch TV Series Videos : 40 / 1000

aokoye
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), German (~C1), French (Intermediate), Japanese (N4), Swedish (beginner), Dutch (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19262

Re: Viglo.co - peer-to-peer digitally immersive language program

Postby aokoye » Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm

I haven't used it but from watching the video it looks like second life (as I expected it would) but aimed at language learners with heavy usage of machine translation. I could see there being interesting uses for similar projects but I think I'll pass on this one.
0 x
Prefered gender pronouns: Masculine

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”