Assimil E-Method

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
allhandsondex
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Italian (C2), German (C1), Dutch (C1) Slovene (B1). Baby steps in Scottish Gaelic and Farsi.

Assimil E-Method

Postby allhandsondex » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:35 am

Has anyone used the Assimil e-method programmes? I've taken a look at them on their sites and I'm tempted by the Russian one (one of the few available in English, though a lot more are available in French), which is significantly cheaper than buying the book with audio support which I think is overpriced, and obviously a far better deal for the company than simply selling a book and having people pirate the audio :roll: .

I'm pretty sure that in terms of content it's the same course as the book set, and the fill-in-the-blank and translation exercises probably work on-screen more or less as they do on paper; I'm wondering specifically about how the software manages the second wave, whether each lesson after the 50th automatically links you back to the corresponding second wave lesson or whether you have to scroll through and whether users type in their back translation which the software then checks against the original or whether it works in some other way. Any info much appreciated!
1 x
An Cùrsa Inntrigidh: 15 / 15
An Cùrsa Adhartais: 2 / 8

allhandsondex
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Italian (C2), German (C1), Dutch (C1) Slovene (B1). Baby steps in Scottish Gaelic and Farsi.

Re: Assimil E-Method

Postby allhandsondex » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:13 am

I still can't find out about how the second wave works, but according to this Reddit user, the e-courses are time limited and you can't access them after a few years, which seems unfair to me; you're essentially paying to rent a course rather than buying one!
0 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:31 am

It seemed to me that there was a similar discussion thread some time ago ... et voilà!

Assimil E-Methode
http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2977
1 x

allhandsondex
Yellow Belt

Postby allhandsondex » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Speakeasy wrote:It seemed to me that there was a similar discussion thread some time ago ... et voilà!

Assimil E-Methode
http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2977

Thank you! I did try using the search function to find if anyone had posted something similar (and was surprised when I couldn't find anything), but couldn't see anything. Thank you for this!
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”