Thesis Study on Croatian -- Need Native Speakers!

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
ellasevia
Languages: English (N), Deutsch, Español, Português, Français, Hrvatski, Ελληνικά, Türkçe

Studies: 日本語, 中文, Română, Русский, فارسی

Thesis Study on Croatian -- Need Native Speakers!

Postby ellasevia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:32 am

Hi all!

I'm hoping that I'm not overstepping the boundaries of what is technically allowed by posting this here, but since it's not a commercial product hopefully it's alright. I'm also hoping that this is the most appropriate subforum to be posting this topic in. I used to be a fairly active member on the old HTLAL forum under the same username, but haven't really had a chance to invest myself in this new forum, mainly because the demise of HTLAL more or less corresponded with when I was preparing to begin my third year of college and move to Turkey. Hopefully once I graduate in May (fingers crossed!) I'll have more time to dedicate to language learning again.

In any case, I am currently writing my senior thesis in linguistics on Serbo-Croatian/BCMS prosody as perceived by native Croatian speakers. More specifically, it's on the role of prosody in the recognition and successful identification of post-Yugoslav national varieties of the language, but that's about as much detail I can give without influencing the outcome of the study. Naturally, such a research topic requires me to gather responses from native speakers of Croatian! I only have so many of my own native speaker contacts, so I thought it couldn't hurt to post a link to my study here in case anyone on the forum 1) is a Croatian native speaker, and/or 2) knows someone who is a native Croatian speaker and might be willing to send the link to them.

I've written the whole survey in Croatian (on my own, and it hasn't been proofread by a native speaker, so it's bound to have some mistakes) so completing it doesn't require any knowledge of English or any other language. The only requirements for participation are that you be a native Croatian speaker and at least 18 years old. Ideally you should have headphones as well, since most of the study involves listening to audio files. The survey shouldn't take more than ~30 minutes to complete, and at the end you have the option of receiving an Amazon gift card by email as a reward for participating.

Anyways, I would be VERY grateful if any of you would be willing to either take the survey yourselves (if eligible) OR pass along the link to anyone who is eligible.

Here's the link. Thank you so much!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DNWXYFZ

P.S. Moderators, if this type of posting is truly not allowed I'd be happy to remove the post. Sorry for any inconvenience!
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”