Hugo Chinese in Three Months Audio

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
jaydoublem
White Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese

Hugo Chinese in Three Months Audio

Postby jaydoublem » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Hello,

I wasn't sure what the best place to put this is. I recently bought the Hugo book but have been unable to find the audio CDs online. If there is anyone one this board who would like to sell theirs at a fair price I would be interested. Please let me know. Thanks!
0 x

Speakeasy

Re: Hugo Chinese in Three Months Audio

Postby Speakeasy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 pm

It is quite possible that "Hugo Language Course: Chinese In Three Months (with Cassette)", which was published in 1999, is out of print and that this explains the current, atrocious prices:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0789442205/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=&tn=Hugo+Language+Course%3A+Chinese+In+Three+Months+%28with+Cassette%29%22+&kn=&isbn=

Hopefully, someone will direct you to a library that still has a copy. Unfortunately, I cannot help you any further other than to suggest that my experiences with the Hugo German courses lead me to conclude that the current prices for the Hugo Chinese (cassette) edition are not worth paying and that you would be better served by finding a more current, less expensive alternative to this course. Good luck with studies!

EDITED:
Included year of publication; minor changes to the text
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 pm

UPDATE:

While I could have simply edited my post above by inserting an addendum, I thought that creating a new, separate UPDATE would better serve the needs of the OP. While searching the Internet, I came across a few offers for "Hugo Chinese in Three Months (Cassette)" on Amazon.FR at remarkably lower prices:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/0852851847/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

As the U.S. Dollar and Euro are presently very close to par, the quoted prices in euros are very close to what you would pay in dollars. I cannot account for the discrepancy in prices between the above Amazon.FR website and those of either Amazon.com or of AbeBooks.com.

Should you decide to place an order via Amazon.com, I recommend that you send an Email to the vendor, via Amazon, expressing your interest in purchasing the item subject to confirmation that the package offered does indeed include the cassettes; be sure to include the title of the item as well as the ISBN. As it happens, I have dealt with all of the vendors presently listed for this item and have been quite satisfied by their customer service.
0 x

jaydoublem
White Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese

Postby jaydoublem » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:12 am

Thanks that's really helpful. I'll reach out to them!
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”