Assimil Perfectionnement allemand (old and new editions)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
tractor
Green Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N), English, Spanish, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Latin

Assimil Perfectionnement allemand (old and new editions)

Postby tractor » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 am

Does anybody here know what the differences between the old (56 lessons) and the new (70 lessons) Assimil Perfectionnement allemand are? Is the new one only an update to the old one with 14 additional lessons, or is it a completly new course?
1 x

sillygoose1
Green Belt
Languages: _
NA: English
C2: French
C1: German, Italian, Spanish
B2: Russian, Portuguese
A2: Japanese
A1: Mandarin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=751

Re: Assimil Perfectionnement allemand (old and new editions)

Postby sillygoose1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Completely different courses. However, the newer one with more lessons isn't as challenging as the older one. In fact, at some points, it feels like a continuation of German With Ease up until halfway through the book or so. It's not as dense and the recordings aren't as long.

The older one is really jam packed with 4-5 minute recordings for some lessons if I remember correctly. I also remember they had a lesson early in the first week that talked about Einstein's Relativity theory.

If I were to pick one, I'd go with the older edition definitely
5 x

tractor
Green Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N), English, Spanish, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Latin

Postby tractor » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Thank you. I already have the older one. I like it and find it very instructive and quite demanding.

I also have the even older La pratique de l'allemand (47 lessons), but haven't tried it yet.
0 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Welcome back, tractor. It's been a while, but good to see you found us here. :)
0 x

tractor
Green Belt

Postby tractor » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Thanks, iguanamon!
1 x

tractor
Green Belt

Postby tractor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:17 pm

I see that my question had already been answered in another thread a few weeks ago:
http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4026
0 x

tractor
Green Belt

Postby tractor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm

I've finished the passive phase of the 56 lessons course today. This course has impressed me! I've learnt a lot. I've spent a lot ore than 30 minutes on each lesson though; partly because the lessons are long, partly because my French isn't any stronger than my German, so I've been looking up many words in a dictionary. Looking forward to the active phase.

The new one with 70 lessons arrived in the mail yesterday. Doesn't look bad at all this one either.
4 x

Thunter
Yellow Belt
Languages: -

Postby Thunter » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks for your update.
0 x

n_j_f
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)

Studying:
French (B1), German (A2)

Up Next:
Persian, Russian

Flirting With:
Sanskrit

On the back-burner:
Turkish, Irish

Bucket List:
Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Hindi/Urdu, Ancient Greek, Latin, Old Church Slavonic, Modern Greek, Tamil, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Welsh, Arabic

Postby n_j_f » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 am

Hi all

Further to the previous discussion confirming that the there are two completely different versions of Assimil Perfectionnement allemand (which are separate again from La pratique de l'allemand), does anyone know if the following edition is the first version:

APA 2.JPG

or does one need to go further back to the hardback edition:

APA 1.JPG

Also regarding the vinyl softcover version, I've noticed there are an edition with red and an edition with blue font on the front; as the image is the same, I'm assuming there is no difference.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

aravinda
Green Belt
Languages: .

Postby aravinda » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 am

n_j_f wrote:Also regarding the vinyl softcover version, I've noticed there are an edition with red and an edition with blue font on the front; as the image is the same, I'm assuming there is no difference.

I think the CD packs and cassette packs came with red and blue titles respectively.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”