Multilingual Answering Machine Thread

Practice your target languages here.
Chung
Blue Belt
Languages: SPEAKS: English*, French
STUDIES: Hungarian, Italian, Ukrainian
OTHER: Czech, German, Polish, Slovak
STUDIED: Azeri, BCMS/SC, Estonian, Finnish, Korean, Latin, Northern Saami, Russian, Slovenian, Turkish
DABBLED: Bashkir, Chuvash, Crimean Tatar, Inari Saami, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Lithuanian, Meadow Mari, Mongolian, Romanian, Tatar, Turkmen, Tuvan, Uzbek

Multilingual Answering Machine Thread

Postby Chung » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:16 am

I just got a new phone and while setting it up, I recalled an old thread asking about answering machine messages in different languages. Of course I set up my new phone with a reply in Slovak following the English one just for laughs. My old phone had Finnish and Polish replies following the English one as detailed below in the original post from that thread.
On August 12, 2009, Chung wrote:I recently changed the greeting on my phone and just for fun (and a small exercise) I recorded the new greeting in Finnish and Polish in addition to English.

The full greeting is now:

Hello. This is 987-654-3210. Unfortunately I can't come to the phone right now but please leave a brief message after the tone. Thank you.

Hei! Tämä on 987-654-3210. Valitettavasti en ole tällä hetkellä tavattavissa. Voit jättää viestin äänimerkin jälkeen. Kiitos ja hei! [Finnish]

Tu numer 987-654-3210. Niestety nie mogę teraz odebrać komórki. Proszę zostawić wiadomość po sygnale. Dziękuję. [Polish]

I'm now wondering what others here use as automated replies in their native languages.

Here is the old thread.
1 x

Return to “Multilingual Room”