Looking for advice moving forward in Spanish

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: Looking for advice moving forward in Spanish

Postby iguanamon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Great advice here. The only thing more I can recommend is to interact with the language more and do some focused study on your weaknesses- be that listening, grammar or vocabulary. Developing habits is the best way (in my experience) to do this. Listening to, and/or reading the daily news in Spanish helps to train listening and builds vocabulary. Working through all the episodes of a specific series is one of the best ways to build your own connections with the language. Writing and speaking regularly is a big help.

Come visit us at the new Spanish Group here on the forum for more tips and advice. ¡Suerte!
1 x

buylow12
White Belt
Languages: English(N), Spanish(B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1525

Re: Looking for advice moving forward in Spanish

Postby buylow12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:00 am

I love Netflix and will definitely give that series a go. I can handle a bit of romance just as long as it's not over the top if you know what I mean.

I'll definitely check out the Spanish sub-forum when I get back. I lurked over there a bit probably over a year ago at this point, lol.
1 x
Tim Czarkowski
Totaltravelers.com

FSI Basic Spanish: 45 / 55

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”