What to do about corrected output?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Re: What to do about corrected output?

Postby Elenia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:17 pm

qeadz wrote:Oh man we just had an office move in which we threw out (gave away as much as possible before the throwing out part) loads of stationery including many notebooks! However I'll give something like scriptorium a whirl when I get a little notebook.

You may not think it, but its a big undertaking to fit more 'activities' into my language learning. I only spend about 7 hours a week all up. Its usually split up into little pockets of activity throughout each day. So it's likely that 10 - 15 minutes per 'session' is the most I can afford.

Of course with such limited time, every minute spent say... writing... is a minute not spent listening or reading. So it's all a careful balancing act. I often wish language learning could take a higher priority and get solid chunks of attention - half an hour or more per activity. But it is what it is.

Seven hours a week is still a good amount. You're consistent, and I think you make good use of your time. I know it's hard to make way for other activities, because input is very important, but I think you will get a lot from your output. I think it will also have a positive effect on how you process your input and use your input time.
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”