LINGUATHOR'S new app

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: German (N)
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

LINGUATHOR'S new app

Postby Kraut » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:27 pm

LINGUATHOR'S new app, based on the bidirectional method: import text - good translation and literal translation, audio ... plus chatting with a bot; probably currently best app for the language learner

Instantly BILINGUALIZE texts (learn German etc. FASTER) with my TranslationCubed (T3) Web App
David Allen Martin II — LinguaThor Translation³

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1995_mv1jI
Our BILINGUAL AI ChatBot changes EVERYTHING (learn languages MUCH FASTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppsLYvSN134
2 x

Cainntear
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Re: LINGUATHOR'S new app

Postby Cainntear » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:21 pm

Kraut wrote:LINGUATHOR'S new app, based on the bidirectional method: import text - good translation and literal translation, audio ... plus chatting with a bot; probably currently best app for the language learner

Are those your own words or have you just copy and pasted some of their marketing spiel?

The app itself is pretty... well... meh. They've thrown together a few fancy bits of third party technology with a fairly simple website.

Personally, I think the best approach is to do things with a browser plugin, and there are already browser plugins for learners that let you look up individual words with a quick mouse-over or click. The commercial problem is that it is pretty hard to get people to pay a subscription to a browser plugin, so you have to build a web app that is kind of awkward to use -- copy and pasting entire articles is a right pain, and increasingly, sites (especially news sites) are building in JavaScript that prevents copying and pasting articles wholesale, so this app is going to be less and less use over time.
3 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 pm

Cainntear wrote:
Kraut wrote:LINGUATHOR'S new app, based on the bidirectional method: import text - good translation and literal translation, audio ... plus chatting with a bot; probably currently best app for the language learner

Are those your own words or have you just copy and pasted some of their marketing spiel?

The app itself is pretty... well... meh. They've thrown together a few fancy bits of third party technology with a fairly simple website.

Personally, I think the best approach is to do things with a browser plugin, and there are already browser plugins for learners that let you look up individual words with a quick mouse-over or click. The commercial problem is that it is pretty hard to get people to pay a subscription to a browser plugin, so you have to build a web app that is kind of awkward to use -- copy and pasting entire articles is a right pain, and increasingly, sites (especially news sites) are building in JavaScript that prevents copying and pasting articles wholesale, so this app is going to be less and less use over time.

My words. He has worked with that concept for some time now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZOq8Qu0iDM
and I have been waiting for this app, the first one I have ever considered subscribing to. He knows what he is doing, the first American I have listened to who speaks perfect accentless German.
SIMPLE TRANSLATE would be the additional app I may use (it can go both ways automatically L1-L2 or L2-L1. And a personal AI pop-up with my own prompts (which may not work here, since it doesn't in LANGUAGE CRUSH nor similar platforms.
2 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:40 am

The German intonation of the automated voice is not ok, they ought to improve this.
--------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDD6mi77wVg

Entender el 100% de CUALQUIER idioma INTUITIVAMENTE
Mi método y app de aprendizaje rápido

TranslationCubed está diseñado para que el aprendizaje de idiomas sea más sencillo, más rápido y más agradable mediante un sistema BILINGÜE. La base de la metodología T3 es utilizar la lengua materna del alumno como elemento fundamental en el proceso de aprendizaje, creando un puente lingüístico con la lengua meta, lo que hace que el viaje de aprendizaje sea más intuitivo, más agradable y más eficaz. La aplicación LinguaThor T3 ayuda a los alumnos a comprender INTUITIVAMENTE lenguas extranjeras a través de su lengua materna, lo que garantiza una experiencia de aprendizaje cómoda y ágil y permite a los alumnos progresar rápidamente sin necesidad de recurrir a diccionarios para comprender.
1 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:39 pm

Learn Polish FASTER with T3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrQxXOJX3jI

Polish is notorious for being difficult to learn because of the sheer number of new words (for speakers of non-Slavic languages) and due to the pronunciation.
0 x

Greasaias
Yellow Belt
Languages: Polish(N)
Learning: Japanese, Latin, Irish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19259

Postby Greasaias » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:29 pm

Polish is notorious for being difficult to learn

So difficult that artificial "intelligence" hasn't been able to learn it.

W klasie jest trzydzieści trzydzieścioro uczniów. - Auto-generated pronunciation was incorrect. (Granted, collective numerals are quite difficult.)

*Są dziewczyny i chłopcy. - This sentence is very awkward. (I'm tempted to say it's ungrammatical.) W klasie są dziewczyny i chłopcy. - OK. You repeat w klasie, but that's fine since you're going for extremely basic language anyway.

Większość nauczycieli jest miła, - OK

*a dyrektor szkoły również. - a is used incorrectly (it's contrastive - in this case it could be used if the director were nicer than the other teachers or not nice at all). Również at the end of a clause - highly unusual. The only instance I found happens to be a translation from English.

*siedzi na ławce - In a Polish school you're supposed to sit 'in a bench' (w ławce). You can sit 'on' it in a park.

*Florian jest kolegą z klasy. - Wonderful news, but whose classmate is he? (I believe "Florian is a classmate" is similarly awkward in English.)

… and so on. The app looks interesting, but why choose a poorly written text to showcase it with?
5 x
Read aloud - and don't forget to think!

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm

David Allen Martin II (Lingua Thor)
The English Language, Developing A Good Accent...(Part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWaVO4fKLiQ

In the first interview of 2024, we received David Allen Martin II from Lingua Thor for an interesting discussion about the English language, the English-speaking polyglots, and how to refine your accent.

Native Accent, Flashcards & The Translation³ Method (Part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHF2PMjAj1Q

In the second part of our interview with David Allen Martin II, we discussed native-like pronunciation, the use of flashcards, and his own method, "The Translation³ Method." Stay till the end for our multilingual talk.
0 x

LinguaThor
Languages: English (N), German (C2), Spanish (C1), Mandarin (B2), Swedish (B1), Italian (B1), French (B1), Portuguese (A2), Polish (A2)

Postby LinguaThor » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:05 am

Greasaias wrote:
Polish is notorious for being difficult to learn

So difficult that artificial "intelligence" hasn't been able to learn it.

W klasie jest trzydzieści trzydzieścioro uczniów. - Auto-generated pronunciation was incorrect. (Granted, collective numerals are quite difficult.)

*Są dziewczyny i chłopcy. - This sentence is very awkward. (I'm tempted to say it's ungrammatical.) W klasie są dziewczyny i chłopcy. - OK. You repeat w klasie, but that's fine since you're going for extremely basic language anyway.

Większość nauczycieli jest miła, - OK

*a dyrektor szkoły również. - a is used incorrectly (it's contrastive - in this case it could be used if the director were nicer than the other teachers or not nice at all). Również at the end of a clause - highly unusual. The only instance I found happens to be a translation from English.

*siedzi na ławce - In a Polish school you're supposed to sit 'in a bench' (w ławce). You can sit 'on' it in a park.

*Florian jest kolegą z klasy. - Wonderful news, but whose classmate is he? (I believe "Florian is a classmate" is similarly awkward in English.)

… and so on. The app looks interesting, but why choose a poorly written text to showcase it with?

Hi Greasaias, you're absolutely right, that text was a poor choice on my part - I now see that it had been translated from English.
Thanks for calling that to my attention!
Is there any text you would be more interested in seeing a T3 translation of? :)
0 x

LinguaThor
Languages: English (N), German (C2), Spanish (C1), Mandarin (B2), Swedish (B1), Italian (B1), French (B1), Portuguese (A2), Polish (A2)

Postby LinguaThor » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:09 am

Kraut wrote:
Cainntear wrote:

My words. He has worked with that concept for some time now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZOq8Qu0iDM
and I have been waiting for this app, the first one I have ever considered subscribing to. He knows what he is doing, the first American I have listened to who speaks perfect accentless German.
SIMPLE TRANSLATE would be the additional app I may use (it can go both ways automatically L1-L2 or L2-L1. And a personal AI pop-up with my own prompts (which may not work here, since it doesn't in LANGUAGE CRUSH nor similar platforms.

Hi Kraut, thank you so much for your words, your interest in T3 and for being a long-time follower!
We are making regular progress on T3 and releasing new features on a weekly basis now, so we would love to receive constructive feedback (as well as critique :) from dedicated language learners such as yourself and others in this forum.
Thank you again and best regards from Göttingen!
-David
0 x

Leif
Languages: English (N), French (B2), German (A2)

Postby Leif » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:03 pm

Cainntear wrote:Personally, I think the best approach is to do things with a browser plugin, and there are already browser plugins for learners that let you look up individual words with a quick mouse-over or click. The commercial problem is that it is pretty hard to get people to pay a subscription to a browser plugin, so you have to build a web app that is kind of awkward to use -- copy and pasting entire articles is a right pain, and increasingly, sites (especially news sites) are building in JavaScript that prevents copying and pasting articles wholesale, so this app is going to be less and less use over time.

I would like an app that allows me to listen to YouTube videos, while reading the transcript, with the facility to look up an word in a dictionary. LingQ is the only one I know of, but it has serious useability issues. I use an iPad for language learning i.e. not a PC, not Android.
Last edited by Leif on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”