THE FORUM HAS BEEN HACKED (AND FIXED, AND MOVED TO A NEW SERVER) - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Discuss technical problems and features here
emk
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2+)
Badly neglected "just for fun" languages: Middle Egyptian, Spanish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=723

Re: THE FORUM HAS BEEN HACKED (AND FIXED, AND MOVED TO A NEW SERVER) - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Postby emk » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Xelian wrote:Hello, this might be a stupid question, but I don't believe my password was ever changed. I'm still logged in. If I log out, will my password be reset? I just want to be sure that my account is safe too. Thankfully, my password on this account is unique to all of my other passwords, but I still wonder why I am still logged in and able to use the forum, haha.

For now, we're giving people a chance to change their own passwords. If you don't change it in the next few days, it will probably be changed for you and you'll need to use password recovery. But we want to be able to test password recovery a bit before we do that.
2 x

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: THE FORUM HAS BEEN HACKED (AND FIXED, AND MOVED TO A NEW SERVER) - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Postby Serpent » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm

will they be reset for everyone or only for those who still haven't changed them? (not sure if that's possible)
2 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Postby Expugnator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

I can't make Chrome 'remember me' on Android now that I've changed my password through the email recovery. I have to log in on every visit to the forum.
1 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 am

Thank you emk and rdearman, you are so great!!!

I've changed my password. I only had this passwords (old and new one) on this forum. It's the only forum that I visit, and I have got different passwords for my email etc.
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”