Back from the dead w/ E-mail snag

Discuss technical problems and features here
AdamDimond
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

Back from the dead w/ E-mail snag

Postby AdamDimond » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Hello, I used to post here under the name AdamD, until a combination of college, moving and other real-life stuff caused me to abandon on-line life. I also was caught in the recent Yahoo email debacle. I have a new email address, and have made a new account. I would appreciate it if the mods would delete my old one- I'm the guy who started, and never finished, the 'Spanish over the summer' log.
Thank you for your time
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: Back from the dead w/ E-mail snag

Postby Iversen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 am

Why delete the old one? The only reason that anyone would connect the old ID with the new one is the post above, so what about removing it instead? Removing an ID is likely to cause disruption in existing threads, so before doing it the mod in charge would have to study all the threads the old AdamD had written in - which is quite a job. Maybe there are answers, and then there is a problem, maybe not, and then a mod could remove the writings of the old ID in the same way we eliminate trolls and spammers, but after a short look at your old writings I can't see anythign offensive enough in the writings of the old AdamD to make a total erasure the logical way to go.

Why not just leave to old ID alone and go on with your new career as AdamDiamond and be happy (and efficient)?
0 x

AdamDimond
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

Postby AdamDimond » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:58 am

Yes, you're right- I posted without thinking about it.
0 x

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm sure there are admin tools to merge the two accounts into the one you want to keep.
0 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”