Tea With Tarvos - Tarvos' Log 2019

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Re: Tarvos' новый лог

Postby tarvos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:37 pm

They're one lucky person.

I'm kinda different - I dress in feminine-coded clothing but I don't use a lot of make-up, for example. Female-coded, but not over-the-top, usually. Hah. Except for parties. And I don't wear a wig cos I have fairly long brown hair anyways.
0 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Yes, she looked a bit over-the-top, but I think she looked nice. In those professions the people often wear a lot of make-up and expensive clothes, manicures etc. but her dress didn't look similar to the others, but I don't know so much becuase I am nealry never in those places, usually when I see the people at work it's in the uni and they wear informal clothes.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

vonPeterhof
Blue Belt
Languages: Russian (N), English (C2), Japanese (~C1), German (~B2), Kazakh (~B1), Norwegian (~A2)
Studying: Kazakh, Mandarin, Coptic
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1237

Postby vonPeterhof » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Не был уверен, где лучше ответить - здесь или в комментариях под постом. Поскольку мое замечание скорее о языке чем о политике, наверное можно здесь. У меня лично совсем не создалось впечатление, что автор смеется над возможными последствиями для "недостаточно патриотичных" детей. Только после того, как я проговорил про себя несколько вариантов перевода второго абзаца на английский, мне стало понятно, как этот абзац можно было бы интерпретировать в духе "Oh yeah? Think you're so tough? Whaddaya gonna do about this, expel the kids?" На такой вызывающий тип сарказма более ясно указывали бы несколько иные фразы, например "Ну, и что вы с ними сделаете?" или "Хотел бы я посмотреть как вы их за это накажете!" Фраза "очень интересно" тоже иногда используется таким образом. Однако в данном случае слово "интересно" звучит не как усмешка, а как приглашение порассуждать над тем, что недоговаривают руководители школ или администрация города, и к чему это все может привести в итоге. Учитывая к тому же то, что мне известно о политических взглядах г-на Варламова, я совсем не воспринимаю его пост как попытку высмеять неуклюжие и безвредные меры по воспитанию патриотов, а наоборот, как попытку привлечь общественное внимание к очередному проявлению опасного явления, последствия которого нам должны быть хорошо знакомы из нашей истории. So I'm pretty sure that Varlamov and you are on the same page on this issue.

[Switched to English in the end partly because I was too lazy to think of a good Russian equivalent to "on the same page", and partly to avoid having to choose between ты and Вы :oops:]
1 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Я тоже думаю, что наши взгляды совпадают. Но я лично просто хотела дальше развивать идею "сослать детей в Сибирь".

Ну, может быть, я ошибочно интерпретировала текст - ведь я не русская...учитывая мои ошибки в сочинении текста :D
0 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:04 pm

As someone who was ostracized from the group for being different, and as someone who forms part of a marginal group in society, I'm not sure that the embrace of traditional values, particularly orthodox or religiously based ones, is something I could ever sympathize with, even though I acknowledge the existence of such a thing.

You may not know this, but I've openly posted it here before so I'll say it again - I'm a trans woman, and while it does not preclude me from being patriotic, the mere idea of that ideology taking over is quite scary to me as it's literally going to imply a threat to my future existence. Yes, we should leave those children in their natural state, because that is who they are, and who they're going to grow up being. It's not something we want; it's not something we have a choice to get rid of; it's who we are. That's why the values of gender equality and feminism are important. Tolerance is not a value we should teach simply because it is on an even footing with other opinions. We teach these values because, literally, they allow our society to function in a better, more coherent, and more harmonious fashion.

Without wanting to get into politics even more than I have done right here: in this log in particular, I would be very, very wary of trying to equate worldviews that have a severe impact on the lives of many people who have fought long and hard to attain even the miserably low amount of rights that they have. Not all worldviews are equal, and they are certainly inequal in a world where many people through no fault of their own are unjustly discriminated. Standing up for that is not patronizing, and honestly, I kind of vilify and reject the idea that you should post such a thing in the log of a person where you are a priori aware that that is not a very prudent thing to say.
6 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 pm

РУ: Ну, сегодня урок по чешскому не состоился... мы переносили занятие на другое время, так что произношение буду улучшать в другой день. В то же время, теперь читаю "Армагед-дом" (по-русски, конечно, хотя писатели - украинцы, они тем не менее пишут на русском). Эта книга - научная фикция. Речь идет о апокалипсисе, который регулярно случается (раз в 20 лет). Общество должно устроиться заново и заново - вот тема книги. А я пока не прочитала книгу - так что больше не расскажу.
0 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 am

http://wp.me/p52UBG-hx

Un artículo sobre tatuajes y su arte, y una imagen del mio nuevo, jajajaja
1 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Continuing with Armaged-dom, but it's slow going and definitely not as interesting as the other two books I've read by the Dyachenkos despite the good opinions I had of the other two. The concept is nice, but for some reason this book isn't really holding my interest as much as the other ones. But we're halfway now, so we'll get through.
0 x

Is a girl.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am

Wil je een tatoeage? In België zag ik bijna nooit iemand met tatoeages, maar in Engeland zijn ze populairder. Ik heb in Londen ook meisjes gezien met een arm vol beelden,bv. Ik zou het persoonlijk niet doen, een manicure is genoeg voor mij haha.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:54 am

Ik heb er eentje (de foto in het artikel dat ik linkte is van de mijne).

Ik vind ze wel mooi, dus ik wil er nog wel een paar meer.
1 x

Is a girl.

Return to “Language logs”