Das Faultier der Deutschen Sprache

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) German (B2) Finnish (beginner) Swedish (beginner) Polish (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... f=15&t=742

Re: Das Faultier der Deutschen Sprache

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Thank you both for your well wishes!
I was also shocked by the conditions as I was under the same impression, a lot of my German friends even assumed I was exaggerating a little until I showed them some of the pictures. That quickly changed their minds. I don't remember exactly right now, but I think my accommodation fee was 390 euros per month.
Despite its downfalls, roughly 100 euros per week still seemed reasonable. I just find it more of a shame than anything else, as the school was great. If they paid more attention to the accommodation they would have far more students, and a lot of the students that were not happy with the conditions (There was a lot of us) would be a lot happier and find the overall experience more enjoyable.

Time for a bit of an update as I have not posted in a long time. I got back on the 5th of August, and needed a day to ground myself a little. I made a new friend online during my time in Germany, oddly, that was going to be spending a month in my city. Not only was this a very pleasant coincidence, but it also happened that she was supposed to have been coming the previous month (I would have been in Germany) and again, I was originally staying for two months, but due to the accommodation changed that upon arrival. So several different changes to plans had occurred which meant that we would be able to spend roughly a month together.
I had a really great time, we would meet up and just spend time together exploring the city, going to the zoo, beach, for a swim, etc. We didn't have a strict "must speak whichever language" we just spoke whichever we felt like, I ended up speaking a lot of German and I felt absolutely no pressure as we were just enjoying spending time together.
I now feel much more comfortable speaking German, I had already gained confidence in my speaking abilities from my course, going from a university course where we mostly speak in English - asking questions, etc. - to having to explain synonyms in German for other students to be able to understand, asking questions, and speaking no English at all. Taking that back with me and then having a lovely August with my friend, at the moment I am feeling quite content with my speaking.

Not only that, I think some of her "Can do" attitude has rubbed off on me. I now have a lot of motivation to really push myself and try and get a decent study routine going. I also have something to look forward to as I will hopefully be spending some of Christmas with her. I only actually have around 9 months left before I have my year abroad. Okay, it still sounds like a long time but by the time Christmas is here, let's face it, how quickly does that come around? It will only actually be 6 months. Die Zeit ist schnell vergangen! :)

So, perhaps it will be possible to attain a B2 level by May? Who knows. I know I will definitely try my best.

I did my usual today while I am still slowly organising an effective routine.
Memrise reviews (morning) (evening) learn 30- 45 words from my Schritte neu kurs und 30 - 45 from my Menschen kurs - This is the textbook we will be using when I return to uni in September)
Watched a lot of grammar videos on youtube

I also did some exercises - I will try to do a few everyday so I am always doing something "Active".
Übungen
Complete the following sentences
1. Ich steige _________ den Bus. (in)
2. Ich bin _________ dem Bus ausgestiegen. (aus)
3. Er ist ins Auto _________ und losgefahren. (eingestiegen)
4. Ich bin _________ mein Fahrrad gestiegen. (auf)
5. Wo musst du _________ ? - Du kannst mich da vorne an der Ampel rauslassen. (aussteigen)
6. Ich muss hier _________ . Mein nächster Zug fährt in 15 Minuten von Gleis 9. (umsteigen)
7. Mir ist schlecht. Ich muss _________ . (absteigen/einsteigen)
8. Ich kann nicht mehr. Ich steige jetzt ______ und schiebe. (ab)
9. Steig' ______! Wir fahren jetzt los. (ein)
10. Schaffner: Ist irgendjemand ____________ ? (zugestiegen)
Translate the following sentences into German
1. I have to change [trains] in Leipzig. Ich muss in Leipzig umsteigen.
2. He got out of the bus. Er ist aus dem Bus ausgestiegen.
3. He got into the car. Er ist ins Auto eingestiegen.
4. They got out. Sie sind aufgestiegen.
5. They got in. Sie sind eingesteigen.
6. Did you guys get off in Siegburg? Seid ihr in Siegburg ausgesteigen?
7. I can't go on. I'm getting off (my bike) now. Ich kann nicht mehr. Ich steige jetzt von meinem Fahhrad ab.
8. Get in! We're leaving/driving now! (Talking to a group of people informally) Steigt ein! Wir fahren jetzt!

I also did some "opposites" just for fun. I got them all correct. Yay. 26/26
Groß – klein
schmutzig – sauber
jung – alt
intelligent – dumm
schnell – langsam
gut – schlecht
klein – groß
lang – kurz
Wertvoll – wertlos
nett – böse
warm – kühl
billig – teuer
dunkel – hell
interessant – langweilig
neu – alt
nass – trocknen
hoch – tief
stark – schwach
schlank – dick
sauber – schmutzig
lieb – böse
reich – arm
schön – hässlich
weich – hart
lustig – traurig
normal - komisch

I am hoping DW is working again today as I wanted to use it yesterday but it was down for some reason. I did read some of the simple German news, which is probably too simple at the moment as I am still reading "A series of unfortunate events" auf Deutsch. It is quite strange, as I know the story so well I can read it at a nice pace. I am just over a third of the way through it in the space of four days. Whenever I have tried reading before it felt like a chore as I would take ages to read a single page. This is far more motivational. I will probably go back and write in pencil the words I struggled with, then read through it again once I have finished it. That way I can come back to it later on in my journey and hopefully see some progress - provided I know the words I didn't at the first time of reading.

I sometimes translate my favourite Disney quotes from English to German. I seem to be doing okay with it as some of my German friends are recognising them. (I don't have the English original up, just my translation of it).

I transcribed and translated an old favourite song of mine just for a bit of fun.

Weiße Fahnen - White flags

Es ist ein kalter Tag - It is a cold day
In seinem heißen Herz - In his warm heart
Und ein lautes Feuer - And a loud fire
Zündet wieder den Himmel an - Ignites again in the sky

Und er rennt um sein Leben - And he runs for his life
Schon sein junges Leben lang - His whole young life
Hat den Krieg seiner Väter - The wars of his fathers
Doch nie angefangen - That (he had) never started

Und immer wenn er einschläft - And every time he sleeps
Träumt er sich weit weg - He dreams himself far away
Träumt er sich in die Stille - He dreams of the silence
Träumt er sich davon - He dreams of that
Ein leiser Wind weht - A light wind blows
Und der Himmel ist weit - And the sky is wide
Dieser Krieg ist aus - This war is over
Und die Soldaten gehen heim - And the soldiers are going home
Und weiße Fahnen when - And white flags are blowing
Und alle sind frei, frei, frei - And everything is free, free, free
Diese Nacht mein Freund - This night, my friend
Hab ich von Frieden geträumt - I have dreamt of freedom

Und er wacht auf - And he wakes up
Im Feuerregen - In fire rain
Die Nacht gelähmt - The night
Keine Sterne zu sehen. - No stars to see

Durch seine kleinen Hände - Through his small hands
Fließt roter Sand - Red sand flows
Er weiß wie Leben enden - He knows his life is ending
Aber nicht wie sie anfangen - But not how they began

Und immer wenn er einschläft - And every time he falls asleep
Träumt er sich weit weg - He dreams himself far away
Träumt er sich in die Stille - He dreams of the silence
Träumt er sich davon - He dreams of that
Ein leiser Wind weht - A light wind blows
Und der Himmel ist weit - And the sky is wide
Dieser Krieg ist aus - The war is over
Und die Soldaten gehen heim - And the soldiers are going home
Und weiße Fahnen when - And white flags blow
Und alle sind frei, frei, frei - And everything is free, free, free
Diese Nacht mein Freund - This night, my friend
Hab ich von Frieden geträumt - I have dreamt of freedom

Soviele Träume liegen hier begraben - So many dreams lay buried here
Doch er hat nie aufgehört - That he had never stopped
Das Träumen zu wagen. - daring to dream
Jetzt ist er weit weg - Now are far gone
Mit geheilten Wunden - With ... wounds
Seine kleinen Hände - His small hands
Haben den Frieden gefunden - Have found the freedom

I will finish it later, as I did not understand a few words. Some of my translation sounds a bit weird now that I read it as well, so I will probably have to check it a few more times anyway.
1 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) German (B2) Finnish (beginner) Swedish (beginner) Polish (beginner)

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Ich habe heute Memrise zugemacht, außerdem Bewertungen. Ich habe vielleicht 30 oder 40 gedauert. Ich weiß nicht warum, aber ich finde jetzt Dativ und Akkusitiv ein bisschen verwirrt. Naja, nicht verwirrt aber ich bin ein bisschen langsam als ich will sein. Ich werde mehr üben machen und hoffentlich, kann ich auf Deutsch schneller denken.
Gestern habe ich Fahrrad gefahren, es war schön weil die Sonne scheint und ich habe ein paar Kapitale von meinem Buch gelesen. Ich habe auch mehr "Blade" gesehen. Ich habe die Serien schon gesehen trotzdem finde sie cool.

Dative and accusative prepositions

If it is describing direction and motion, the accusative case is used. Otherwise, the dative case is used. For example, the sentence "Put the bag under the desk" involves direction and motion. "The bag is sitting under the desk" describes a static location.

Ich fahre mit meinem Fahrrad in die Schule.
Die Lampe hängt über dem Tisch.
Der Baum steht neben dem Haus.
Heute gehe ich in die Schule, morgen bin ich nicht in der Schule.
Jetzt steht meine Tasche unter dem Tisch.
In diesem Haus wohnen fünf Personen.
Die Uhr hängt an der Wand.
In eurem Haus sitzt ein alter Mann.
Ich stehe zwischen meiner Mutter und meinem Vater.
Hinter unserem Auto versteckt sich eine Katze.
Das Messer liegt neben der Gabel.
Du fährst nächste Woche in den Urlaub.
Ich stelle meine Tasche unter den Tisch.
Ich setzte mich auf einen freien Stuhl.
Ich springe über den Zaun in den Garten.
Ich sende einen Brief an meinen Vater.
Ich setzte mich neben meinen Bruder.
Ich stelle mich vor das Haus.

Dative prepositions
Unser Sohn spielt mit seiner Schwester.
Das Buch legt auf dem Tisch.
Ich bin Krank und gehe deshalb zum Arzt.
Ich spreche mit meinem Bruder.
Du wohnst immer noch bei deiner Mutter?
Mein Hund sitzt in seinem Haus.
Wir wohnen nahe dem Zentrum.
Wir gehen zusammen aus dem Haus.
Heute ist Montag und ich bin in der Schule.
Das ist das Auto vom Bruder meiner Mutter.
Ich bin arbeitslos. Ab dem nächsten Monat werde ich wieder arbeiten.
Nach dem Frühling kommt der Sommer.
Wir reden mit unseren Eltern.
Es regnet seit mehreren Tagen.
Wir fahren mitsamt der ganzen Familie in den Zoo.

Ich gehe mit einem guten Freund essen.
Stefan spielt mit seinem Bruder und seiner Schwester.
Armin gab seinem Freund das geliehene Geld wieder zurück.
Roman erteilt der Frau das Wort.
Markus spielt gerne mit seinem alten Opa Schach auf dem Küchentisch.
Harald versteckt mir ein wunderschönes Geschenk unter dem Tisch.
Mein Opa spricht seit dem Mittagessen mit seiner jungen Nachbarin.
Möchtest du mit uns Kino gehen?
Wir schenken ihm eine tolle Reise nach Afrika.
Mein Freund geht mit seinen neuen Kollegen essen.
Meine Mutter verzeit mir immer gleich.
Susi gab ihrem Mann ein süßes Bonbon aus der Tüte.
Lisa macht seit dem Frühstück Lärm mit ihren neuen Musikinstrumenten.
Der alte Mann winkt seit Jahren allen netten Nachbarn zu.
Sandra telefoniert mit dem neuen Handy ständig in der Arbeit.
Im Urlaub schwimme ich mit meinen Freunden im Meer.
Meine Schwester geht mit ihrem kleinen Hund spazieren.
Franz arbeitet mit anderen fleißigen Kellnern im Restaurant.
Ich gebe der netten Kellnerin das Geld.
Meine Tante ist mit meinem Onkel in den Urlaub nach Australien gefahren.
Hast du es ihr schon gesagt?

I did not get all of the above correct, unfortunately. I had 6 wrong which was a little disappointing but it is actually probably better than I thought I would do, so I should not really be disappointed.
Ich habe nicht alle oben richtig gemacht. Leider habe ich sechs Antworten falsche gemacht eigentlich ist das gut, weil ich mehrere falsche Antworten gedacht würde. Ich sollte wahrscheinlich auf mich Stolz sein, also bin ich.
0 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Heute war ich ein bisschen beschäftig aber ich habe eine kurze Geschichte gelesen und recorded. Es war nur eine Gute Nacht Geschichte, also war es nur ein paar Seite lang. Ich mag das, weil ich meine Aussprache hören kann. Es war nicht so schlecht wie ich gedacht habe. Nicht toll aber auch nicht furchtbar, deshalb gut genug.
Früher habe ich auch 7 oder 8 Seite von Klipp und Klar zugemacht. Auf Memrise habe ich Plurals üben, und auch in Klipp und Klar. Meine Vokabeln wachselt mehr und mehr. Ich freue mich darauf. Ich lese jeden Tag Kapiteln von meinem Buch. Meine Freundin hat gesagt, dass wenn mann eine fold in der Ecke der Seite, man nennt es "Eselohr". Ich mag das sehr.

Ich habe auch Assimil und andere Prüfungen wie unten.

Ich lege mich heute schon früh ins Bett.

Ich freue mich, dass du im Mai kommen wirst.
Ich bewerbe mich für einen Job im Bereich Marketing.
Ich beeile mich, damit ich den Zug in Innsbruck erreiche.
Wir haben uns im Schwimmbad erkältet.
Wir freuen uns auf das nächste Weihnachtsfest.
Wir helfen uns beim Aufbau des Partyzeltes, damit es schneller geht.
Wir setzen uns an den Tisch.
Wir sehen uns heute Abend einen Krimi an.
Sie (PL) erholen sich im Urlaub in Spanien.
Rudi und Max schauen sich den Super-Ski im Fernsehen an.
Das Kind zieht sich im Kindergarten selbst die Schuhe an.
Meine Eltern haben sich im Urlaub erkältet.
Max und Conny lassen sich nicht zu der Party einladen.
Er interessiert sich für das neueste Buch von Bill Clinton.
Ihr ladet euch heute Gäste ein, um zu feiern?
Du interessierst dich für moderne Kunst.
Er kann sich nicht für die blaue Hose entscheiden.
Du freust dich sicher schon auf die Tage in Venedig.
Ich nehme mir die Zeit, um zu träumen.
Hat er sich überlegt, ober er im Sommer mit nach Rom fahrt?
Du kannst dir das Projekt ruhig zutrauen.
Er bewirbt sich um die Stelle als Pilot bei der Firma Lufthansa.

Das ärger mich sehr, weil ich immer 6 Falschen antwortet gemacht. Ich habe auch eine blöde Fehlen gemacht, denn habe ich "sich" vergessen.
0 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:11 pm

The pressure/stress is real.

So, I have been quietly awaiting the start up of the new Uni year, hoping that my German translation would be an option. I had been checking my timetable and unit breakdown concerning exams, so I could see if I got my first choices. For the past few days it showed translation. I was very excited, I knew it wasn't guaranteed just yet but seeing it there was nice.
Today I received an email explaining that a compromise had been established and I would be able to take translation...provided that I pass both a written and a spoken exam in roughly a week from now, and should I pass I skip ahead a level of German. This is both good and bad news. I mean, it's still a very real possibility. However, I have a week to prepare for two exams.

I should also mention that, due to how my degree is organised, should I manage to pass the exams and then take German translation and German for professional use (I don't remember the actual name - you get the idea) I will have three units of pure German. This is ideal for me, it's exactly what I had hoped my degree would be. It would mean that I only have one history unit for the year, which is a mandatory unit. My only other unit will be Spanish, which I will be starting from a false beginner level in late September. It would make for a very nice year as I practise German every day in some capacity and I would hopefully notice a leap in my German level.

Now comes the bad news, if I do not pass these exams, which would consequently mean that I can not take German translation and the professional use units, I will have to take two history units in their place. That alongside the mandatory unit would mean that I have three history units a week, one German language unit and one Spanish language unit. This also means that when I get back from my year in Germany I will also have almost entirely history related units. Whereas should I pass, and take the German units I wish to take, come my return from my year abroad, I will be able to carry on with the German units I hope to take this year and also try interpreting

Basically, everything is down to me passing these exams. I have no idea how difficult I will find them, I have been practising my German throughout the Summer and feel as if I have made improvements but I do not and cannot know if I have progressed enough to pass the exams. However fail is not an option for the reasons explained above.

Anyway, I just needed to vent a little. Dentist tomorrow and then I think I am going to be living in my grammar book for the following week..
0 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 pm

That sounds way too stressful, I'm sorry. I wish you luck! For what it's worth, I think you'll do fine :) you've not been slacking off, so I think it will all go well for you. I hope it does.
1 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 am

Elenia wrote:That sounds way too stressful, I'm sorry. I wish you luck! For what it's worth, I think you'll do fine :) you've not been slacking off, so I think it will all go well for you. I hope it does.

Thanks, Elenia! That's very kind of you. I know better now as to what to expect... It does not fill me with confidence. It will consist of a grammar section worth 25% of my mark. A reading section worth 25% of my mark, and finally an essay worth 50% of my mark. The grammar section does not seem too bad, I will struggle/get all of the passive questions wrong. However, the rest I am at least familiar with, so even if I get all of the passive questions incorrect, provided I do okay with the other aspects I might be okay.
The reading section looks horrible. I got given an extract in which I can annotate with a maximum of 50 words, but it's not the most friendly topic. It is concerning pedagogy in Germany and uses a lot of technical vocab. I guess the main thing is my comprehension of it was pretty good. From my first read I understood what the article is about, the points they were trying to get across, etc. It really all comes down to what the questions about the text will be.

The last bit, and most important bit, I am not looking forward to. It's an essay, but I will be given an essay title and will then have to write my essay in accordance with the title. It seems that it will be related to the reading extract, so I have to focus heavily on expressing my opinions and more than likely whether I agree with those "facts" and opinions expressed in the article. I would imagine this means I get marks for using constructs such as "Meiner meinung nach..." "Es hängt davon" and I am not sure if this would be overly colloquial, but also "bei mir ist das auch so" and "Ich finde, dass...".

All I can really do is practise as many constructs as possible and learn a heap of technical school vocab...as well as read the article a billion times. Oh, and most importantly, hope for the best and possibly pray for a miracle. I have five days to prepare at least, so that's something. If only I could try and stop worrying about it already and my future, and just focus all of my energy on practising and improving.

*Edit. Actually, if my miracle does happen I might be tempted to finally change my A1. Let's see!
0 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 pm

I was not going to post before getting my results back, but I need to do something to take my mind off things, so I may as well post an update.

Things were already going to be stressful, however, it turned out that I had even less time to prepare than expected due to the exam being brought forward. I essentially had 4 days to prepare for something that I had no idea I would even be doing. The exam was deceptive, it was one of those exams were it's unlikely to do "okay" in. You either do really well or you mess up completely, I am hoping for the former, naturally. I honestly have no idea how it went, the reading section and the essay seemed okay, but I really can't gauge how it went yet and I have to wait till Tuesday for the decision, or rather, on Tuesday depending on my mark, I may have another sporadic exam on the same day, which everything will all come down to. So even if I pass this, it's still not a guarantee.
It's a good job I love stress/pressure... sarcasm for the win.

I have still been plugging away with my usual study, mostly Memrise and reading, recording myself reading short stories and a lot of general talking to myself and watching series. I might actually write a list of everything I have watched in German as it actually surprised me when I thought about how many series I have now finished in German, and even more surprising when I add films to that list. I also write a lot more in German these days, of course I make a lot of errors, but I am more aware of them and certain constructs now. I do actually finally feel like I might be starting to improve again.
0 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:14 pm

WalkingAlone13 wrote:I also write a lot more in German these days, of course I make a lot of errors, but I am more aware of them and certain constructs now. I do actually finally feel like I might be starting to improve again.

Sounds like you've gotten over a hump, which is great news. I'm hoping for good news on Tuesday. Keeping on at it is the most important thing, however.
0 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:48 am

Na ja, ich lebe. Ich habe "Der Schlimme Anfang" bei Lemony Snicket auf deutsch schon gelesen, aber ich würde es nochmal lesen. Diesmal markiere ich jedes Wort, dass ich nicht total verstehe und schreib ein Nummer oben das Wort. zum Beispiel, am erste Seite habe ich die folgenden
1, greifen
2, Erfreuliches mittendrin
3, einfallsreich
4, reizend
5, äußerst
6, Gegenteil
7, zustieß
8, strotze
9, Unheil
10, Elend
11, Verzweiflung
12, Kahlen
13, dreckigen
14, gelegentlich
15, rachitischen
16, wackelig

Oben der Seite habe ich die Nummer geschrieben und das englisch Eklarung. Ich lese nochmal jetzt mit dieser Erklärungen und hoffentlich verstehe ich diesmal fast alles. Ich bin mir nicht sicher aber vielleicht lese ich das Buch am dritten Mal ohne Erklärungen. Das Buch ist nur 135 Seite also dauert es nicht lang. Ich lese normalerweise ein Kapitel pro Tag weil ich nach Uni mit dem Zug fahren.

Ich hatte auch Präteritum und Pluquamperfekt gestudiert. Ich mache jeden Tag Übungungen mit Webseite denn erinnere mich hoffentlich dieser Fälle.
0 x

WalkingAlone13
Orange Belt

Postby WalkingAlone13 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Also, ich habe die Folgenden schon erreicht

Buecher
A series of Unfortunate events (Buch eins) fertig
A series of unfortunate events (Buch eins mit Unbekannte Woerter Uebersetzt) fertig
A series of unfortunate events (Buch zwei) fertig
A series of unfortunate events (Buch zwei mit unbekannte Woerter Uebersetzt) Noch nicht

TV
The Flash series eins *fertig
New Girl series eins * fertig
Lost girl series eins *fertig
Nymphs series eins *fertig (wenn ihr Finnish lernen wollt, empfehle ich euch diese Series)
Doctor's Diary series eins *fertig
Angel series eins (nur zweite Disk)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D series eins (fast fertig)
Elementary series eins *fertig
Elementary series zwei *fertig
Elementary series drei *fertig
Sleepy Hollow series eins *fertig
Sleepy Hollow series zwei *fertig
Supernatural Series eins *fertig
Supernatural series zwei *fertig
Supernatural series drei *fertig
Supernatural series vier *fertig
Supernatural series fuenf *fertig
Supernatural series sechs *fertig
Supernatural series sieben *fertig
Supernatural series acht bis zehn (noch nicht angefangen)
Ghost Whisperer series eins *fertig
Ghost Whisperer staffel zwei *fertig
Ghost Whisperer Staffel drei *fertig
Ghost Whisperer Staffel vier *fertig
Ghost Whisperer Staffel Fuenf *fertig
Stargate SG-1 Staffel eins bis zehn *fertig
Buffy Staffel Eins bis sieben *fertig zweimal
TBBT Staffel eins *fertig
Tuerkisch fue Anfaenger *fertig
Blade Staffel eins und zwei *fertig
Sarah Connor Chronicles eins und zwei *fertig
Grimm Staffel eins bis drei *fertig

Okay, I am starting to realise why my comprehension is so much better than my writing...
1 x

Return to “Language logs”