CarlyD's Spanish and German Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
CarlyD
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish--A2, German--now studying, A2

Re: CarlyD's Spanish and German Log

Postby CarlyD » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:14 pm

I started the April Vocabulary (and for me, Pronunciation) Challenge today for German.

I have 8 Memrise courses that I'll be doing everyday. I was worried that there would be a ton of duplicate words, but oddly, although they're all beginner courses they all seem to be starting from different places.

Also I went back to Duolingo that I haven't touched since August of 2015. It said I already knew 391 words, but I think I've forgotten a lot of those since then. I did the first review and it stopped me cold. The word was "boy"--I put in der Junge, which it assured me was wrong. It only wanted Junge and apparently didn't plan to teach the genders? Why in the world would I not want to learn der Junge, but want to learn ein Junge? I wonder if this is why I dropped it back then?

My Memrise courses:

A Journey to Germany
Comprehensive German Duolingo vocabulary
Conversational German
German 1
Hueber Menschen A1--Vocabulary
Learn Beginner German--No Typing
Learn German Conjugation--No Typing (present and past to start)
Themen Aktuell--A1

The German 1 is probably the best. It has tiny videos of people on the street saying the words or phrases in normal speech, then it is repeated later a bit slower, then goes back and forth between the two. Perfect for listening comprehension.
2 x
2024 15,000 pages Reading Challenge--pages: 1180 / 15000

Return to “Language logs”