K-dramas: Here I come!

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
AndyMeg
Blue Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (B2-C1), Japanese (A2-B1), Korean (Lower Intermediate?)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 02#p201902

Re: K-dramas: Here I come!

Postby AndyMeg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Hundetier wrote:The quality-control wasn't good - if there was any at all. When a beginner stumbles over the mistakes, then I would think, a native could have spotted it easily. But the unnatural sentences concern me more - I have almost no possibility to identify those by myself in order to avoid learning something weird.

If you have doubts about some specific sentences you can ask me (by PM or in your log) ;)
1 x
Beyond The Story 10 Year Record of BTS Korean version: 36 / 522

AndyMeg
Blue Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (B2-C1), Japanese (A2-B1), Korean (Lower Intermediate?)

Postby AndyMeg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

This has been a difficult week for me. I had lots of things to do and too little time for all of them.

- My plan was to start Glossika's GMS on Wednesday (because Mondays and Tuesdays are specially busy and stressful for me), but I did not have time until yesterday. And then I found a problem: 50 sentences was too much for me at my current level of absolute beginner, so I decided to try doing 10 new sentences a day, but it was harder than I anticipated, so I finally settled with 5 new sentences a day (with other activities like dictation, recording and interpreting, I'll be working on a total of 20 sentences each day, 5 days a week). Reading while listening to the speaker was hard (I was too slow: when the speaker finished the whole sentence I was only on the second syllable of the first word). And then, speaking at the same speed as the speaker, proven to be difficult too. If I tried to read the hangul version of the sentence, then I would be reallly slow, so I switched to reading the romanized version and then I could go on with the speaker, but only for short sentences. For longer ones it was impossible for me to match the native speaker's speed. My new plan is to do 5 new sentences a day until I reach a total of 100 sentences (I'll take about a month), then, I'll check my progress and rate of improvement and maybe I'll increase the number of New sentences per day.

- I've been studying on Memrise every day (just a few minutes per day). so far I've started 31 of my first batch of 39 very frequent words.

A few days ago I encountered the 너무 word again. This time in K-pop Star season 6. One of the judges was saying "it hurts a lot" (너무 아파). I also heard the 돈 (money) word a lot. This time in a variety show called "2 Days & 1 Night". The group had to bow to elders for the Lunar New Year and ask them for money to buy the meals of the day.

- Today I finally watched my first 20 minutes of no-subbed drama (I've watched no-subbed drama before, but I would often skip some parts). My plan is to wach 20 no-subbed minutes every day and then, on the fourth day, watch the whole subbed episode.

For this first "official" experiment of watching no-subbed k-dramas, I decided on a new one that is currently airing: Tomorrow With You (내일 그대와). Here is the synopsis:

When a time-traveling CEO millionaire foresees a grim and unhappy future for himself, he marries an optimistic photographer to change his tomorrow for the better. Unfortunately, there is no love between them and the husband’s selfishness infuriates his once-hopeful wife.
Song Ma Rin is a photographer. She was once a child star but is now struggling in both her personal and professional life. However, that hasn't done anything to dent her optimism and overall cheeriness. She lives life without much fanfare or flash, which is the opposite of her husband.
Yoo So Joon is the CEO of a real estate company worth 200 billion won. He thinks only of profit. Life is a balance sheet. Everything and everyone is just a loss or a gain. He has the special power to travel through time via subway. His time-traveling capabilities have played quite the part in the real estate mogul’s tremendous success. But his life takes a grim turn when Yoo So Joon sees his latest vision of the future, where he sees he is living miserably. In order to avoid this fate and change his destiny, the selfish millionaire marries Song Ma Rin. The issue is he genuinely does not love her. He thinks she is “a bit of an idiot” and only sees this union as another business decision. Song Ma Rin, however, actually wants love and his callousness both infuriates and depresses her. Can Yoo So Joon, for once, stop thinking about the money he will make in the future, and just think of tomorrow as a good day with his wife?
(Source: DramaFever)

As I find context really important, I didn't want to dive in without knowing the synopsis at least.

My plan is to write a summary of those 20 minutes each day and say what I understood (or think I understood) and then, on the fourth day, contrast it with the knowledge of the actual subbed version.

So here is the summary of the first 20 minutes of episode 1:

[MMC= Main Male Character/ MFC= Main Female Character]

It opens with a video-game match between a korean man and what seems to be a british robot. The korean man wins. The scene changes, a man was watching the korean man on the TV. He chooses some clothes and goes out (I think he is the MMC). It is Christmas, 2018. He sees some girls in santa costumes and thinks they are cute. The man buys a gift and puts it in his bag. Then he goes to the subway station. after passing a tunnel, the people in the train, and the train itself, change. The man is not surprised at all, he must be used to this. The man is now in June, 2016. He takes off his coat and starts saying a monologue (in his mind). He leaves the station. The scene changes. A female photographer is taking photos of a wedding (maybe she is the MFC? They don't show her face, so maybe not). The MFC seem to be one of the bride's firends. The scene changes, the MMC is talking on the phone, he meets with some friends and gives the gift to one of them (a woman) and congratulates her. His friends doesn't want him to leave but he says he ahs to go now (or something like this). When he is leaving, the female friend thanks him for the gift. His phone sounds (is it an alarm?) and it shows a little message (a few korean words and a time: 4:14 p.m.). The scene changes. The bride's friends are talking between them. It seems to be a really hot day because one of the friends is using a bottle of water to refresh her neck. The bride's friends seem to be bad-mouthing someone (maybe the MFC? because she is not with them). The scene changes. The MFC goes to the photographer and gives her a bottle of water. The MFC says she is a fan of the photographer (I think she wants to become the photographer's assistant, but I'm not sure). The bride arrives, they talk a little. The photographer gives th bottle back to the MFC and leaves. The bride asks the MFC if she (the MFC) is crazy. The MFC goes after the photographer. I think the photographer refers to the MFC as "Park Sung" (or something like that. And actually I think the bride used the same name), but the MFC says she is "Song Ma Rin". The MFC is asking for an oportunity (just once) and the photographer finally appears to give in. The MFC thanks the photographer. Then, with the scene still showing the MFC we hear the voice of the MMC talking about "Song Ma Rin". The MMC appears in the same park they are taking the wedding photos. The scene changes (I don't know if it is still the same day or a different one). The MFC has different clothes and the MMC is near (with the same clothes as before). The MFC enters a convenience store and seems to realize a man is following her. She leaves the store and the MMC follows her. He looks his watch. There has been appearing something on the left corner (some letters and a number: first it was 20 and now is 5). Now I think the numbers refer to minutes. I look for the korean word for minutes in Google translator and it says: 분, exactly one of the words that appear after the numbers. So it is a countdown. There are only 5 minutes left for 4:14 p.m. The MMC grabs the MFC arm and asks her if she is "Song Ma Rin", she ask who is him, he wants to have coffee with her, but she goes away. He asks her to wait. She looks perplexed and uncomfortable. There's a small flash foward that shows her being run over by a truck. She asks him how he knows her name. They talk for a little while (I don't know what they are saying). Then she continues walking and starts crossing the street. The MMC pulls her near him and the truck accident is avoided. I don't know if she realizes that he just saved her life. She continues crossing the street. There's a new alarm on his phone (it is 4:14 p.m., the zero hour). She is run over by a car. The MMC tries to wake her up, but he seems rather indifferent about her accident. The scene changes. There's an old photo and the MMC is talking about Park Sung. The photo is in his cellphone. He is in the hostpital and the MFC is near, sleeping in a bed (she looks fine). He is browsing the cellphone and sees a photo of her sleeping while being drunk (in the photo she seems to be in a shopping mall). There are more photos and videos of her being drunk at many different times (apparently those went viral on the net). Back in the hospital, she wakes up and wants to leave. The MMC puts her back on the bed and then he leaves. The scene changes. A woman enters the hospital asking for "My Park Sung Ri". She looks very worried. It seems she watched the news about the accident on TV. Then she sees "Song Ma Rin" leaving the hospital and calls her "Park Sung". The woman asks the MFC if she is alright (I think that woman is the MFC's mom). I think they talk about some older man, but I don't know what they are saying. The MFC rides a taxi and leaves the woman behind. The taxi driver ask the MFC where she is going.

Overall, I think all those years watching subbed k-dramas are helping me to at least get a basic understanding. I recognized some very common words here and there, and some very short sentences.

- This week the word that stood out the most for me was 얼마나 (how long, how much, how many), not only because I heard it in the no-subbed drama, but because it is also an important part of a song from a k-drama OST I like a lot. I also listened to a variation of this word while watching a video about BTS (a korean boy-band).
Last edited by AndyMeg on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

AndyMeg
Blue Belt

Postby AndyMeg » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:19 pm

This week was hard. I've been having some health problems, so I had to focus on my health and couldn't study much. Now that I'm taking some meds I feel better.

Mondays and Tuesdays are as busy as I expected. Most of my studying was done this weekend.

- I finally watched the whole no-subbed first episode of "Tomorrow With You". The middle part of the episode felt boring because I couldn't understand much. But the final part started to pick my interest again.

Here is a short summary of the rest of episode 1:

[MMC= Main Male Character/ MFC= Main Female Character]

The MFC just took the taxi to have a excuse to leave fast, but she was planning on taking the bus, so she apologized to the taxi driver when he asked her where she was going to, and she had to tell him the truth. The scene changes. The MMC is thinking about the MFC and writting in what appears to be a diary. The scene changes. The MFC is outdoors, taking photos of a model. She receives a call from her friend (the bride). They go to a Department Store, they have some disagreement (her friend doesn't want to do something, I don't know what), and the MFC takes her in front of one of the employees and ask about something (I don't know what) and the employees says they have many of whatever that is, and asks them to follow her. The scene changes. Three men in suits are going inside an elevator. The MMC appears and they welcome him in and plan to leave the elevator for him alone, but he tells them to stay (I think the MMC is their boss). The start talking. The MMC asks something and one of the men answers what I think is "once" or "one time" (but I'm not sure). The MMC says something is amazing and the other men agree, but one of them seems unconfortable. The scene changes and the man who was unconfortable is in front explaining some power point slides. He put enfasis on "timing". They talk about some "outlet". The MMC is busy playing games in his smartphone, but it appears he is also paying attention to what the man in front is saying. The MMC goes in front and talks to the man. It appears they have different views on where something should be (maybe they are trying to find the ideal place to open an outlet or something like that?). The MMC leaves. The man seem to be angry. The scene changes. The MMC is with a friend in an office. They talk for a while. Then the MMC talks about a specific person and the friend asks him if he is talking about a woman. The friend seems surprised and happy and says that the MMC is cute. The scene changes. The MFC is in her appartment doing house chores. She finds an album and starts looking at the photos. Her phone rings, she looks happy about whatever they are saying to her. The scene changes. The MFC goes to a place (Sinbi Studio). It appears the person on the phone congratulated her about something. The girl at the counter gives her some papers and the MFC says to wait a moment (there's something she doen't understand and she wants a better explanation). They talk about some "Academy" (Was the MFC accepted in an Academy?). The photographer from the beginnging appears again. They talk and she seems to be instructing the MFC about how things work there. The MFC calls her "teacher". The photographer calls her "Park Sung" but the MFC says she is "Song Ma Rin". The scene changes. The MFC is inside a train, thinking of the past. There was an explosion at a subway station. The MFC looks sad or at least nostalgic. The MFC discovers the MMC is also on the train. She looks unconfortable. When they leave the subway station the MMC asks her to come with him to eat something. She doesn't want to go with him. She says something about "Made in USA".

I still have 20 more minutes to summarize. I'll speed up.

The MFC finally accepts and she gets drunk. She says something about not liking "soju" (maybe that's why they are drinking beer). But after the first restaurant the end up drinking soju on the streets. The talk a lot. The drunk her is completely descontrolled. The MMC takes her in a cab. The scene changes. Now in the future (March, 2019). There was a car accident. Both the main characters were involved. A friend of the MMC appears. The MMC is scared, wondering if he died in that accident. The MMC and his friend talk in a subway station. The scene changes. Present day. It is next moring. The MFC wakes up and see the photos she took while drunk. She feels really embarrased. The MMC is waiting outside, in his car with his friend. The MMC gives the MFC an umbrella. She is surprised and confused (it doesn't seem it will rain today), but she takes it. Later that day she has to stop a photoshoot because it starts raining. She uses the umbrella the MMC gave her. It appears the MMC is back in the future. His house is different. There are photos of him and the MFC in wedding attire. The MFC appears in a towel and startles him. She acts as someone really close to him. The MMC is surprised.

- I am on day 2 of my Glossika study plan.

I think deciding on only 5 new sentences per day was wise. I'm enjoying the study. I have some troubles matching up the speaker speed, but I'm improving. Pronunciation is sometimes hard, but after many tries I start to get the hang of it.

For dictation I'm writing with pencil, and then I write the right form below (in black ink) and compare both. This is an interesting experience because I just know the very basics of korean writting system: the syllables are within imaginary squares, I need to put a ㅇ before every vowel (if that vowel is the first sound in the syllable) and some letters may change their pronunciation according to their place in the syllable (I only know two of this pronunciation changes. The ones for ㅇ and ㄹ). Doing this whole process one sentence at a time helps me to improve my writing of the next sentence (it helps me to see my mistakes and correct them so that if they appear again I now know the right form). As I still forget some letters from time to time, I see an image of the letters if I need to. My main focus here is to learn how syllables are formed and letters are organized within the imaginary squares. Writing is also helping me to match the sounds to the hangul equivalent.

- I didn't watch as much subbed korean TV as I would have liked. I watched an episode of K-Pop Star Season 6 and one of "2 Days & 1 Night". I also watched two episodes of subbed K-Drama, but they are set in ancient times, so the language is a little different from what is normal in present day Korea.

- I finally started all my 39 words on Memrise. Some are easy to remember and some are difficult. Some are similar to japanese words I know and that helps me to remember them better. I plan on reading about the conjugation of the verbs and adjectives of this first batch of words.

- This week the word that stood out the most for me was 개 (dog). I'm watching a dorama in which the main character has a nickname: Dog-Bird. I also heard this word in the last episode of "2 Days & 1 Night" (they are in a competition and they were trying out their luck. They were gambling some fruits and they put their hopes on getting the "개" syllable. They kept barking like dogs and saying many dog-related things to bring luck to their side.)

- Because of "2 Days & 1 Night" now I want to watch a K-drama called "Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-sin" (불멸의 이순신). His life seems to have been really interesting.
Last edited by AndyMeg on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

AndyMeg
Blue Belt

Postby AndyMeg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:49 pm

I've decided to change the way I work with the k-drama "Tomorrow With You" (내일 그대와). I really enjoy this drama, but writting the summaries of each part of each episode takes a lot of time, and I found myself skipping my schedule just because I didn't want to write another summary. So from now on I won't write summaries or comparisons. My new plan is as follows:

Day 1: Watch 20 minutes of an episode.
Day 2: Watch the next 20 minutes of the same episode.
Day 3: Watch the final minutes of the episode.
Day 4: Watch the whole episode with englishs subs.
Day 5: Watch the whole raw version of the episode.

I'm also changing the way I work with the most frequent words. I decided from now on I'll focus on a category at a time and when I finish I'll move on to another category. I'll start with the most frequent nouns and see how it goes. I chose nouns because they amount to more than half of the words of the most frequent k-words list I'm using and because (as far as I know) they don't conjugate as adjectives and verbs do (and I think I don't have enough experience with the language yet to get the most out of learning verbs' and adjectives' roots at this early stage).
1 x

Adrianslont
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Learning Indonesian and French

Postby Adrianslont » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 pm

I think it's actually a good idea to drop the summaries. They just take up a lot of time and don't give you any increased learning. They do demonstrate that you understood a lot and that is reassuring but don't actually offer any actual Korean learning so better to spend the time more productively, I think.

Of course, if you write the summaries in Korean, that would be good practice - but much harder and more time consuming and maybe you don't feel ready for it.

I'm reading your log because I just started using teledramas in my learning about a month ago. In my case I'm watching Turkish dramas that have been dubbed into Indonesian. I got quite addicted to one and when I ran out of episodes on YouTube I was a bit deflated! I watched about thirty episodes and really enjoyed all of the contextualised casual interactions. My wife would be amused by the obvious angst and drama as she passed though the room and ask what it was about. I enjoyed explaining it to her and it helped me get some things straight in my head - there was a very complex set of characters with birth parents, adoptive parents and child swapping - and some people knew about the child swapping and some didn't. Anyway, my verbal summaries were fun but didn't really increase my learning of Indonesian is my point!

I have since found another Turkish drama but have stopped watching it after about ten episodes - it just hasn't grabbed me as much. So I have been doing some reading. In the back of my mind is a plan to find another one I like or go back to the first one and do some transcribing of sections of it or something - maybe just watch it again.
1 x

AndyMeg
Blue Belt

Postby AndyMeg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Adrianslont wrote:I think it's actually a good idea to drop the summaries. They just take up a lot of time and don't give you any increased learning. They do demonstrate that you understood a lot and that is reassuring but don't actually offer any actual Korean learning so better to spend the time more productively, I think.

Of course, if you write the summaries in Korean, that would be good practice - but much harder and more time consuming and maybe you don't feel ready for it.

I agree: summaries take too much time that I would better spend doing something else.

Writing summaries in korean sounds interesting, but I'm not at that level yet (I just started about a month ago) :(

Adrianslont wrote:I'm reading your log because I just started using teledramas in my learning about a month ago. In my case I'm watching Turkish dramas that have been dubbed into Indonesian. I got quite addicted to one and when I ran out of episodes on YouTube I was a bit deflated! I watched about thirty episodes and really enjoyed all of the contextualised casual interactions. My wife would be amused by the obvious angst and drama as she passed though the room and ask what it was about. I enjoyed explaining it to her and it helped me get some things straight in my head - there was a very complex set of characters with birth parents, adoptive parents and child swapping - and some people knew about the child swapping and some didn't. Anyway, my verbal summaries were fun but didn't really increase my learning of Indonesian is my point!

I have since found another Turkish drama but have stopped watching it after about ten episodes - it just hasn't grabbed me as much. So I have been doing some reading. In the back of my mind is a plan to find another one I like or go back to the first one and do some transcribing of sections of it or something - maybe just watch it again.

If you are looking for indonesian teledramas, you may find some at Viki. ;)
1 x

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:52 am

Hello! I just started Korean myself. Currently I'm watching "Boys over Flowers", and it's endearing.

Are you mainly using Glossika, or something else, too?
0 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

AndyMeg
Blue Belt

Postby AndyMeg » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Xenops wrote:Hello! I just started Korean myself. Currently I'm watching "Boys over Flowers", and it's endearing.

Hello!

Did you start watching k-dramas for you studies, or had you ever watched k-dramas before oficially starting to learn korean?

"Boys over Flowers" is one of the most popular k-dramas ever. A few years ago I started watching the japanese version, but I never finished it (I don't remember why). Maybe I'll try to watch the korean version some day.

So far these are my main resources for learning korean:

- Glossika
- K-Drama "Tomorrow With You" (내일 그대와)
- Memrise (I'm making some personalized courses based on "A Frequency Dictionary of Korean")

I also have some grammar books and textbooks I've collected over the years (I'd been wanting to learn korean since a long time ago, but I never did because I didn't want it to interfere with my study of japanese at that time). But I don't use those books at the moment (so far there have been only three exceptions: I recently used one of those books to clarify some things related to hangul and pronunciation. I also got really curious about two korean particles and read about them in one of the grammar books). I'm trying not to use textbooks because I don't like to learn things in the order (and way) they teach them (it is too boring for me and I usually can't stick with it for a long time). I'm also trying not to read the grammar books because I want to first get a feeling of the language by using Glossika and K-Dramas.
0 x

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm

AndyMeg wrote:
Xenops wrote:Hello! I just started Korean myself. Currently I'm watching "Boys over Flowers", and it's endearing.

Hello!

Did you start watching k-dramas for you studies, or had you ever watched k-dramas before oficially starting to learn korean?

"Boys over Flowers" is one of the most popular k-dramas ever. A few years ago I started watching the japanese version, but I never finished it (I don't remember why). Maybe I'll try to watch the korean version some day.

So far these are my main resources for learning korean:

- Glossika
- K-Drama "Tomorrow With You" (내일 그대와)
- Memrise (I'm making some personalized courses based on "A Frequency Dictionary of Korean")

I started watching it after starting to learn the language. :) I'm finding a surprisingly amount of quality, *free* materials for Korean (Korean from Zero!, TalkToMeInKorean, etc) that I might no ever use a regular grammar book, either. We'll have to see. I do plan on making my own Anki cards though.
1 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

AndyMeg
Blue Belt

Postby AndyMeg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:20 am

These weeks have been very busy, so I haven't studied as much as I had hoped to.

- I've made another adjustment to the way I work with the k-drama "Tomorrow With You" (내일 그대와). This was my last plan:

Day 1: Watch 20 minutes of an episode (without subs).
Day 2: Watch the next 20 minutes of the same episode (without subs).
Day 3: Watch the final minutes of the episode (without subs).
Day 4: Watch the whole episode with englishs subs.
Day 5: Watch the whole raw version of the episode.

The first four days were fine, but I had problems with "Day 5". I found it really boring trying to watch the entire no-subbed version of the episode. The other problem was that it was taking almost a week to finish working with an episode and it felt too slow for me. Also, I didn't like the unbalance in the amount of time for each day (20 minutes for the first three and 60 minutes for the last two). So I tweaked my plan a little and now it looks like this:

Day 1: Watch 15 minutes of an episode (without subs). Then, watch the same 15 minutes but this time with english subs.
Day 2: Watch the same 15 minutes from the previous day (without subs). Then watch the next 15 minutes of the same episode (without subs). And, finally, watch again the new 15 minutes, but this time with english subs.
Day 3: Watch the last 15 minutes from the previous day (without subs). Then watch the next 15 minutes of the same episode (without subs). And, finally, watch again the new 15 minutes, but this time with english subs.

And, well, the idea is to continue like this until I watch the whole drama.

I think this new plan is better because I get an (almost) inmediate feedback of those 15 minutes (first without subs and then with english subs), which is great because it allows me to compare and contrast while I still have everything fresh. I left the other round of those no-subbed 15 minutes for the next day because watching the same no-subbed segment twice in the same day felt too much for me (and boring); but I found that I actually like watching it again the next day and I pay a lot more attention than when I was trying to watch a whole episode without subs.

So far my new plan is working really nice and I'm very happy with the changes. And I also like that it gives me the opportunity to work with two episodes a week if I'm on track.

- I created a new personalized course on Memrise so that I can focus on learning only nouns (the most frequent ones). I'm currently working on the first batch of 30.

- Glossika is progressing slowly, very slowly. I really like Glossika and I think it helps me a lot, but I think trying to use it when you are an absolute beginner on the language can be a little intimidating (even if I'm only working on 20 sentences a day: 5 new, 15 old ones). So I'm trying to take it easy and divided each day in two: the first day I do step 1 and the second day I work on the other steps (2, 3 and 4). These are the steps:

Step 1: Listen and Repeat (Maybe I'm being too much of a perfectionist with this step, because it takes me at least half an hour before I'm done. I repeat again and again until I almost match the native speaker's speed. For now I'm only focusing on the general flow and speed, so it doesn't matter if I'm not pronouncing it perfectly; but, of course, I try to get as close as possible).

Step 2: Dictation (this also takes its time, but not as much as the first step. As I still don't know much about the writting, I sometimes make some funny mistakes. For example, I wrote this syllable in the wrong way: 운. I put the ㅜ on the right side of ㅇ. And sometimes I also make one syllable out of two, or write things the wrong way, like 지 베 instead of 집에)

Step 3: Recording (I just started this one two days ago, so I have nothing to say for the moment. My idea is to record the same sentences at least three times. Each time on a different day.)

Step 4: Interpreting (In this step I have to listen to the english version and try to remember the korean equivalent. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start with this step).
3 x

Return to “Language logs”