Radioclare's 2017 log (Croatian/Russian)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
blaurebell
Green Belt
Languages: German (N), English (C2), Spanish (B2-C1), French (B2 passive), Italian (A2), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3235

Re: Radioclare's 2017 log (Croatian/Russian)

Postby blaurebell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Congratulations on finishing the Duolingo! I guess only those who know what the final stretch of the Russian tree is like will appreciate what achievement this is! :D
2 x
: 51 / 100 Assimil Le Russe
: 6 / 45 Modern Russian 1
: 45 / 100 Дэвид Эддингс - Обретение чуда
: 4626 / 35000 LWT Known

Radioclare
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), German, Esperanto
Learns: Croatian, Russian

Postby Radioclare » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm

blaurebell wrote:Congratulations on finishing the Duolingo! I guess only those who know what the final stretch of the Russian tree is like will appreciate what achievement this is! :D

Thanks :) The "nothing" lesson turned out to be the most useful one in those final few, as it practised sentences like "They have nothing to do" or "I don't have anyone to go to the cinema with". The "colloquial" lesson also had some useful bits in. Most of the rest of it wasn't worth doing, though. And the "science" section was the absolute worst; it was trying to teach sentences about hydrogen which I wouldn't even have understood properly in English :D
1 x
SC Books: 112 / 100
SC Films: 89 / 100

blaurebell
Green Belt
Languages: German (N), English (C2), Spanish (B2-C1), French (B2 passive), Italian (A2), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3235

Postby blaurebell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh boy! Doesn't sound like I will enjoy the Science section. I guess I'll just do 5min a day and see how far I get. Can't face more of it!
1 x
: 51 / 100 Assimil Le Russe
: 6 / 45 Modern Russian 1
: 45 / 100 Дэвид Эддингс - Обретение чуда
: 4626 / 35000 LWT Known

IronMike
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Russian (C1), Esperanto (B2?). I am living in Moscow now, so currently studying Russian for 6 weeks, then Esperanto for 2. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

Radioclare wrote:Croatian
It's been quite a positive week. I've got through 13 lessons of Glossika already, mostly in the mornings and evenings when walking between the station and my office. I really do find Glossika much more enjoyable than any other audio course I've tried, and I think it's really valuable for trying to imitate pronunciation, especially the correct intonation. I'm hoping to keep this progress up and get further through the files than I have previously :)

Isn't it great?! I love Glossika!

I really wish they'd do an Esperanto one. A bunch of us brought it up to the founder/owner on the Glossika FB group, and he mentioned that he is always on the look-out for native speakers to help develop courses, but when we asked for a one-pager describing what he's looking for and the time commitment for something like this, he never answered, bedauxrinde. ;)
1 x
Xenoglossomania is a serious condition, cured only by collecting more languages

SC Esperanto books : 12 / 50
SC E-o films : 16 / 50
SC Russian books : 15 / 50
SC Rus films : 20 / 50

Return to “Language logs”