Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Systematiker
Blue Belt
Languages: ENG (N); DEU (C2+) // SWG (~C1); BAR (~C1); SPA (4/3); FRA (~C1); SCO (~C1); NLD (~B2*); LAT (Latinum Bavaricum); GRC (Graecum Bavaricum); CAT (~B2*); POR (~B2*); SWE (~B2*); HBO (Hebraicum); DAN (~B1*); RUS (~A2); KOR (~A1); FAS (still a raw beginner)
*Averaged for high receptive skill
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7332

Re: Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Postby Systematiker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:38 am

Is that a challenge, or are you trying to be a good friend and obliquely motivate me?

It's working, either way...

:D :D thanks
1 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Re: Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Postby Brun Ugle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 am

Systematiker wrote:Is that a challenge, or are you trying to be a good friend and obliquely motivate me?

It's working, either way...

:D :D thanks

I was mostly trying to motivate myself, but we can race if you like. I have about ten lessons left, so I'm much further along than you, but I do them twice and go through everything, while you just do a little shadowing and the drills. So I probably don't have an advantage even being further along.

Also, when I'm finished with FSI, I'm starting GdUdE book C. Then we can "race" through that. Cavesa can join in too, if she's ready. I'm planning on taking about a year to get through it though, so that one will be a very slow race on my part.
3 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

Between the easily distracted tortoise, the over-caffeinated squirrel and the excitable golden retriever, who will win?

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!
9 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Elenia wrote:Between the easily distracted tortoise, the over-caffeinated squirrel and the excitable golden retriever, who will win?

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

Yeah, what is the deal with all the animal names in logs now? Hedgehogs, squirrels, geese, tortoise, fox? I'm thinking about changing my log name... but I don't want a domesticated or common animal... I'm thinking.... Dung Beetle? Or perhaps the spiny lumpsucker, satanic leaf-tailed gecko, tasseled wobbegong?
11 x
: 26 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Tillumadoguenirurm
Orange Belt
Languages: English

Postby Tillumadoguenirurm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:07 pm

rdearman wrote:
Elenia wrote:Yeah, what is the deal with all the animal names in logs now? Hedgehogs, squirrels, geese, tortoise, fox? I'm thinking about changing my log name... but I don't want a domesticated or common animal... I'm thinking.... Dung Beetle? Or perhaps the spiny lumpsucker, satanic leaf-tailed gecko, tasseled wobbegong?

Idk, you seem more like a "Harmonious Hare" to me. I could be wrong though.:D
3 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Don't forget iguanas!
8 x

Snow
Orange Belt
Languages: Tagalog (native), English (advanced), Spanish (intermediate), Korean (upper beginner)

Postby Snow » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:Also, when I'm finished with FSI, I'm starting GdUdE book C. Then we can "race" through that. Cavesa can join in too, if she's ready. I'm planning on taking about a year to get through it though, so that one will be a very slow race on my part.

Are you girls open to starting a GdUdE C friendly challenge like the one for Assimil Finnish?^^
2 x

arthaey
Brown Belt
Languages: :
EN (native);
ES (adv receptive, int productive);
FR (false beginner);
DE (lapsed beg);
ASL (lapsed beg);
HU (tourist)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3864&view=unread#unread

Postby arthaey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Snow wrote:[Are you girls open to starting a GdUdE C friendly challenge like the one for Assimil Finnish?^^

*ears perk up*

What's this now? :)
1 x
Posts in: FrenchGermanHungarianSpanish
NaNoWriMo: 10,000 words
Corrections welcome in any language; I prefer an informal register.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Snow wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:Also, when I'm finished with FSI, I'm starting GdUdE book C. Then we can "race" through that. Cavesa can join in too, if she's ready. I'm planning on taking about a year to get through it though, so that one will be a very slow race on my part.

Are you girls open to starting a GdUdE C friendly challenge like the one for Assimil Finnish?^^

I hadn't thought of that, but why not? It's always just been an informal thing between Cavesa and me before, but the more the merrier. I think Cavesa said she expected to be ready around the end of March, and it looks like I will too, so how about April Fool's Day as our official start? It seems appropriate somehow. Do we need a separate thread for this, or should we keep it informal? If we do need an official challenge thread, we should probably do it in Spanish as an extra challenge.

(And I think Systematiker might be a boy.)
2 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 pm

rdearman wrote:
Elenia wrote:Between the easily distracted tortoise, the over-caffeinated squirrel and the excitable golden retriever, who will win?

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

Yeah, what is the deal with all the animal names in logs now? Hedgehogs, squirrels, geese, tortoise, fox? I'm thinking about changing my log name... but I don't want a domesticated or common animal... I'm thinking.... Dung Beetle? Or perhaps the spiny lumpsucker, satanic leaf-tailed gecko, tasseled wobbegong?

Yeah, animals are popular now. Flowers next year, and rocks the next one.
Voting for Tasseled Wobbegong by the way.
And betting on the Excitable Golden Retriever.

Ready, when you are. More or less. Or just less. Let the Lord of Chaos Rule. *

*Ah, different log, I suppose. I though I was in the one regrouping WoT fans.
2 x

Return to “Language logs”