Karen's Spanish learning journey

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
klvik
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) Spanish (Intermediate)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3149

Re: Karen's Spanish learning journey

Postby klvik » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Obtaining the audio from Tatoeba was a painful process - no need for anyone else to be subjected to it.

I just shared the deck "Tatoeba Spanish sentences with audio". It contains 1286 sentences from Totoeba.org, tagged with the verb tenses used in the sentence. If you notice any errors, please let me know so that I can update my database. I'm sure there are plenty of annotation errors- it is very easy to hit the wrong checkbox while annotating. Each sentence has a sentence ID number (visible via 'browse' or 'edit') which would be the best way to identify the sentence with the error.

Eventually I will share my entire sentence database (or at least those sentences for which I have the appropriate permissions). In the meantime, enjoy!
2 x
March 18, 2017
2x Super Challenge pages: 5204 / 10000
2x Super Challenge minutes: 10125 / 18000
Half Writing Output Challenge: 1757 / 25000
FSI Spanish Basic Course: 50 / 55
Gramática de Uso B1-B2: 77 / 116

klvik
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) Spanish (Intermediate)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3149

Postby klvik » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Tomás wrote:
klvik wrote:For intensive listening, I use Anki to study Subs2SRS decks and decks with sentences (with audio) extracted from FSI, Tatoeba, podcasts and other sources. My goal for the Subs2SRS decks is accurate listening comprehension. Hitting the replay button multiple times until I can hear each word accurately does not bother me, even though I find rewinding a video to re-watch a scene irritating. I use the sentence decks to test the accuracy of my listening comprehension. My cards are set up so that I hear the audio play once and then I need to transcribe the sentence.

I have been wondering how to get Tatoeba into Anki. Would you share your workflow? Or could you share the deck itself? Thanks!

I forget to quote your message when I wrote my last post. Oops. I just share a deck for you.
0 x
March 18, 2017
2x Super Challenge pages: 5204 / 10000
2x Super Challenge minutes: 10125 / 18000
Half Writing Output Challenge: 1757 / 25000
FSI Spanish Basic Course: 50 / 55
Gramática de Uso B1-B2: 77 / 116

Tomás
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N). Currently studying Spanish (intermediate), French (false beginner).

Postby Tomás » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 am

klvik wrote:Obtaining the audio from Tatoeba was a painful process - no need for anyone else to be subjected to it.

I just shared the deck "Tatoeba Spanish sentences with audio". It contains 1286 sentences from Totoeba.org, tagged with the verb tenses used in the sentence. If you notice any errors, please let me know so that I can update my database. I'm sure there are plenty of annotation errors- it is very easy to hit the wrong checkbox while annotating. Each sentence has a sentence ID number (visible via 'browse' or 'edit') which would be the best way to identify the sentence with the error.

Eventually I will share my entire sentence database (or at least those sentences for which I have the appropriate permissions). In the meantime, enjoy!

Thanks very much! That is a fabulous resource. I have been considering making that for a year but was overwhelmed by the challenge of pulling the audio out of tatoeba. Much obliged for your generosity!

Now by downloading your deck and exporting as a csv file, one could make an open source Glossika-style audio sentences product with SRS intervals, possibly using the Gradint program:

http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/ssb22/gradint/
0 x

Return to “Language logs”