Hannah's Super TAC SRS etc. Challenges Log 16/17

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Hanaji
Languages: Japanese (B1)
Chinese (A1~2)
Korean (A1)

Hannah's Super TAC SRS etc. Challenges Log 16/17

Postby Hanaji » Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Hannah and I've been learning Japanese through school for seven years and in this past year I've been attempting to self-study which hasn't been very fruitful. I'm also in my third year of university Mandarin.

I'll be moving to Japan late July to participate in the JET program. Having recently discovered this forum I decided to use it alongside my blog for accountability.

The plan is to really level up my Japanese (and confidence) while I'm in Japan. That's where the TAC comes in.

I really liked the sound of the Super Challenge and I already watch a lot of TV shows and want to do more reading so this is perfect. While I have a number of series' that I want to catch up on, I may be re-reading a few things for what the reading will be. I'll keep my log on Twitter.

For SRS I probably won't be making but just going through all the flashcard sets on Memrise.

In regards to Output, aside from trying to do as much speaking as I can in-country, I'll probably try getting back into regular Lang-8 journals and maybe tweeting in Japanese? Not sure.

Anyway, here are some goals for Japanese for over the next twenty months:
- Comfortably take a N3 exam paper (and eventually N2 - both of which I want to take in Japan)
- Watch 150 hours of TV shows/films - for Super Challenge.
- Read over 5,000 pages of TL materials (obviously depending on how much manga compared to books that I read).
- Complete 10,000 flashcards (most of the decks that I have have at least 1000 cards in them, so it'll add up).
- Complete at least 12 Lang-8 journals, once per month and at least 500 characters.
Bonus:
- Finally. Finish. Tobira. ... And clear through all my other books.
- Clock over 100 hours of listening to Japanese on my iPod.

頑張ってね
0 x

Return to “Language logs”