Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Chinese Galaxy

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
outcast
Blue Belt
Languages: ~
FLUENCY
Native: ENglish, ESpañol
Advanced: -
High Basic: DEutsch (rust), FRançais (rust), ZH中文
Basic: -
~
ACQUIRING
Formally: KO한국말, ITaliano, HI हिन्दी
Dabbling: HRvatski, GW粵語
Dormant: POrtuguês
~
Plan to learn: I BETTER NOT GO HERE FOR NOW
~

Re: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Chinese Galaxy

Postby outcast » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:10 pm

注意(!): 这扁帖子是我第一次用中文涉及到一种比较有争议性的主题。我在这儿的目的非呵斥批评他人,而只是叙述一下个使我略惊的事情,描述大体情况罢了。

- - - - -

昨晚有了一件事情发生真令我感受略微有些为未来的国际关系担忧。这个礼拜二又是美国241周年的国庆节,从而在我家乡到处有纪念这个事件的活动和典礼。 于是我决定在维新里上传一个所谓的“时刻”的短信,那就是一切属于朋友圈的人同时能看的一种信息,让朋友熟人看看在这里的节日情况怎么样。哪儿知道这个信息会变得第一根本没获得任何赞成的时刻短信了。首先我应该告诉读者朋友我在维新里的通讯录,包括两百多个中国朋友以及三十来个的另一些国家友人,一共有300个朋友与熟人。由于朋友圈较大,所以能看“时刻”短信的也不能少。在一般的情形下,发表的任何“时刻”被赞了几十次。其实,无论发表的时刻信息或者晒在维新里的图片的内容是什么,也都会引起几个朋友圈中间人的赞或答。起码十个“赞”的标签或者答复会在屏幕上出现,假若话题对朋友来说有趣的话,甚至会超过四五十个。自从我下载威信来老是如此,毫无例外。这便是我现在因信息没得到“反馈”而觉得特别惊诧的原因。我不知什么缘故,在差不多两年发表的信息中只有这个完全被人忽视了。另外,这是第一关于美国好事的一个信息;其余关于美国发表的都是批评国家的。在这种情况下,我非想出几个不好的理由解释现象不可...... :|

唐纳德·特朗普担任美国总统之后,由于行为很不正当,说话说得不斟酌词句,还有由于好像她一贯政策便是故意地冒犯所有的国际社会,所以国际局势几个月来变得越来越不稳定。他赢了大选举之前,美国早就不一定是个被敬佩的国际,尤其美国的中央政府。 在外国人看来,美国政府的言行,外交政策等太不照顾别国的愿望,毫不思考决定的行动对他人的影响与后果。这一切都让许多世界人民对美国感受到失望,有时也引起怨恨的感情,甚至挑衅渺小的少数主动找暴力的方法攻击任何跟美国有关的目标。我的朋友们和熟人们名名不是如此,仍然他们还是有想法的。从前美国政府在国外进行的措施和行动、现在特朗普像调皮的小孩似的总在人们的地盘上撒野的行为,势必让不少朋友表示出意见来。但是大多数的时间,不管朋友是中国人,欧美人,非洲人等等,也都是保持安静,不会向我提出什么意见或者表现出不赞成的态度。不过人们时时也不得不流露出本来不想表示的件事儿,语言并非必要的。按照上述阐述的原因,我不幸地无法不认为美国在外国的信誉又遭受了一定的破坏。
Last edited by outcast on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
0 x
"I can speak wonderfully and clearly in zero languages, and can also fluently embarrass myself in half a dozen others."

The End of Language learning: 10 / 10000

outcast
Blue Belt
FLUENCY
~
ACQUIRING
~
~

Postby outcast » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:16 pm

I have decided to move both Chinese and French up to "high basic" fluency, because due to the intense Chinese studies of the last 3 months plus my interactions in French over the same period, I can quite fluently express everyday and some more complex conversations with little hesitation and almost no loss for words. Advanced fluency (can talk about many complex subjects and mistakes in daily speech are almost gone + colloquial language), are still some ways off on all my target languages.
2 x
"I can speak wonderfully and clearly in zero languages, and can also fluently embarrass myself in half a dozen others."

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 pm

outcast wrote:

Oh no! I don't know that word! :lol: I know I've seen it before, but I have no idea what it means (not even vaguely) or how it's pronounced (this one's quite common, though). I looked it up just now and still no bells rung.

Well done! :D
0 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

outcast
Blue Belt
FLUENCY
~
ACQUIRING
~
~

Postby outcast » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Well I will never ever presume to touch your toes on the understanding of Chinese languages overall (grammar of course I may be able to to have more insight considering most foreigners end up having this advantage if they reach an advanced level compared to the natives who simply use grammar intuitively), but 阐述 means to elaborate/to expound upon... I thought it could work there. But I must remind you and everyone: i am trying to shoehorn low frequency words in my posts, for the sole reason of remembering them better and just maybe find an apposite context to use them. I always want to push my writing outside my comfort zone of words, otherwise you don't progress. Even if half of what I write may sound forced or even inappropriate in usage. I figure that with enough output practice and massive input that will resolve mainly on its own!
0 x

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:55 am

My Chinese is not that great as I don't read much, and they use different words in China. You wrote "反馈", "feedback". I learned that word when I was 31. My colleague said it in Mandarin and I didn't understand it. He said it in Cantonese and I didn't understand it. He wrote it down and I still didn't understand it. :roll: My Mandarin is not that great either. You can definitely surpass me in Mandarin or even in Chinese!
0 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

outcast
Blue Belt
FLUENCY
~
ACQUIRING
~
~

Postby outcast » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:48 pm

近来我为买到经济的机票而开始做线上查询,这就是在网上不同的旅游网站观察情况,使用搜索引擎寻找最佳的打折活动,出现好时机就购买机票的行动。早点买票有好处,尤其在得买亚美航班的票的时侯。那种航程要那么久坐下不动身体,手头尽管不太从容,还想买到位置舒服的机票。另外,我真希望能在豪华经济舱里买票,能挑选位置在飞机哪边(太阳对面的那个!),是不是靠窗户位等机上的条件。我不太清楚什么时候购买机票价钱会最便宜,不同的人有不同的意见。有那么多的战略可以采用,你真会不知道哪个买票的策略最合适让你得到利益,可能还会优柔不断,使你错过很好的机会。所以我决定最好只注重自己能控制的东西,而把控制不了的忽视掉。未来的天,如果找到张时间方便、价格实惠、位置舒服的机票的话,我就趁机买它。

这几天又碰到了不幸的事儿了。我有两个笔记本,一个是2015年买到的Dell,一个是2011年的ASUS。最近它们俩忽然出了相同的毛病,让我感到又纳闷儿又沮丧。两个电脑在屏幕和键盘结合的地方差不多坏了,外面的塑料能见缝隙,还几颗螺丝已掉了。现在一个电脑打不开,好像有电缆被断了。另一个根本合不上,如果再尝试把笔记本合上的话,整个屏幕的部分会掉坏,屏幕和键盘两部分肯定要分家。结果现在没有能随身携带的笔记本了。我已经得花很多钱修理汽车不少的故障,处理好别的事情和问题。每次好像会能省一点儿钱新问题又出现了。怎么那么多不幸的事情都让我赶上了?真晦气!我几乎无可奈何,第二次飞到亚洲去生活之前,必须购买新的,你说倒霉不倒霉呀?
0 x

outcast
Blue Belt
FLUENCY
~
ACQUIRING
~
~

Postby outcast » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:04 pm

This is a corrected text that has is not part of my published texts here in the log. I do write other essays for my exam practice in my current target languages (German and Chinese), so while it may seem that I only write one or two essays per week in each language, I do write in fact write another essay for each language, that is part of the Test prep for HSK6 and Zertifikat C1 and their writing sections. Also add on my texting with German and Chinese friends and I have realized I should not bee too disappointed in my writing volumes as much as I had been recently.

This text below was written back in early April, so if anyone actually reads this and feels the writing is pretty poor compared to more recent efforts, in my defense, it could be because this was just my first writing piece since I started this project of regular writing in L2s. :lol:

It is a recapitulation of a longer story one must read in a certain period of time, and then summarize the major points in one's own words. Both the Chinese HSK6 and the German Zertifikat C1 have similar tasks in their writing sections

- - - -

TEXT CORRECTION #2

red text - grammatical error / incorrect vocab usage / punctuation error
orange text - incorrect collocation / Anglicism / improved style suggested by text corrector (original expression too colloquial for written medium)
yellow —— - section were word was supplied in corrected text but not found in original text
dark and strike-out - word to be deleted from text

医生二类

在一所医院——一名老医生看病很久时间。因为医生名誉廉洁,能力也特别高级,所以在国内各地非常著名,很多人一得病就去意见和治疗。年过得越多,来老医生的的人——越多,于是他决定聘几个年轻——医生和护士于年龄小的护士当他的帮手。年轻帮手之中有一位能力尤其优秀的年轻医生。老医生发现那位医生工作当得相当不错之后,就邀请他在同处看病。

开始两名医生干得好得很,顺利地了很多病人。他们按照患者状况轻或重分开来看病。病情严重的人由老医生负责,病情轻的人由年轻人负责。这样的安排非常有效,病人都对他对待几位满足。但是后来老医生看出来看他的患者越来越少,而来年轻医生的患者越来越多,他很困惑。有一次,老医生对妻子说:“我的能力比年轻医生更丰富,获奖也——多得多,我在报纸上做了广告,那么_为何他越来越忙,而我来看我的人越来越少?”

有一天,——妻子生病了。她记得丈夫给她讲的故事,决定趁趁机了解——这件事情的原因。老医生的妻子在等候区倾听周围的人对医生服务的评价。原来年轻医生对病人——非常周到,很亲切热情,不仅治疗——他们心理问题,而且治了他们心中,让觉得很舒服。老医生相反,很迅速地看人,跟他们差不多不聊天,去看的人觉得忧郁难过,结果年轻医生变大众最爱的医生一只。妻子给他讲完故事之后,老医生什么话也没说,就是沉默着。。。

医生两种

在一所医院一名老医生看病很久。因为医生名誉廉洁,能力也特别,所以在国内各地非常著名,很多人一得病就去征求意见和治疗。随着时间的增长,来老医生的人们越来越多,于是他决定聘几个年轻医生和护士当他的助手。年轻助手之中有一位能力特别优秀的年轻医生。老医生发现那位医生工作相当不错之后,就邀请他一起看病。

开始两名医生干得好,顺利地医疗了很多病人。他们按照患者状况轻或重分开来看病。病情严重的人由老医生负责,病情轻的人由年轻人负责。这样的安排非常有效,病人都对他们服务极为满足。但是后来老医生发现他的患者越来越少,而来年轻医生的患者越来越多,他很困惑。有一次,老医生对妻子说:“我的经验比年轻医生更丰富,获奖也比他多得多,我在报纸上做了广告,那么为何他越来越忙,而找我看病的人越来越少?”

有一天,老医生的妻子生病了。她记得丈夫给她讲的故事,决定趁机了解一下这件事情的原因。老医生的妻子在等候区听到周围的人对医生服务的评价。原来年轻医生对病人服务非常周到,很亲切热情,不仅治疗他们的疾病,而且让他们觉得很舒服。老医生相反,很迅速地见病人,跟他们几乎不聊天,去看的人觉得难过,所以年轻医生变大众最爱的医生。妻子给他讲完故事之后,老医生什么话也没说,就是沉默着......

- - - -

Notes:

小帮手 - helper to get things done
助手 - aide, assistant
帮手 - helper (sometimes has negative overtones)
说来话长 = “it's a long story"
0 x

Return to “Language logs”