Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
Pedropedro
Languages: English native, Spanish fluently. Some Hindi, French, German, and Portuguese

Introduction

Postby Pedropedro » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:21 pm

My name is Pedro. My native language is English and I speak Spanish. I know some basic Hindi, French, German, and Portuguese. I'm trying to build up my Portuguese right now.
5 x

Greasaias
Yellow Belt
Languages: Polish(N)
Learning: Japanese, Latin, Irish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19259

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby Greasaias » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:00 pm

Hi!
I've been learning languages for quite some time, but never participated in a forum.

Perhaps a language log is exactly what I need - I thought, and promptly forgot about it.
So why am I here? Because I actively recalled the aforementioned information.

Accountability and systemacity aside, I hope to learn more about learning languages. I still haven't found my 'way'.

My target languages right now: Japanese, Latin (and Irish) - in that order.
6 x

mothercondor
Languages: English (n), Turkish (??)

Postby mothercondor » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:33 pm

Hello, I have been making great use of the info on this forum, and thought I'd finally actually join.

My native language is English. I am studying Turkish pretty diligently and German casually. Who knows what's next - I'd like to get to reading German without too much difficulty before starting something else.
6 x

Durden
Languages: Georgian(native),English(fluent),Russian(b2),Turkish(A2)

Postby Durden » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:16 pm

Hello, my name is Giorgi, and I would love to connect with people who are also on a Turkish learning journey, so we can share our experiences and progress together.
1 x

Salman_373
Languages: Urdu, German

Postby Salman_373 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone, my name is salman. I am thinking to to move to Germany in 2024. So, I am here to learn German Language. My Goal is to achieve A2 till March 2024. Any Suggestion by group members will be highly appreciated.
1 x

Teangloir
White Belt
Languages: Native: English
Intermediate: Spanish, Japanese(?)
Beginner: Turkish, Bosnian/Serbo-Croatian, Norwegian
Considering: Cambodian, Malayalam, Georgian
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 56#p232656

Postby Teangloir » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:09 am

Hello, my online handle is Teangloir or Tean, but my real name is Jesse. I am currently learning multiple languages with varying degrees of focus. I am first and foremost trying to focus on Spanish in order to pursue tutoring or teaching. I would say I am at an intermediate level in Spanish however I still have a decent way to go. I would begrudgingly say I am also intermediate in Japanese due to being 5.2k words into a 6k Anki deck, but I feel my grammar is meh and my speaking ability in Japanese is poor :?

Besides this, I am learning Turkish, Bosnian/Serbo-Croatian, and Norwegian to an extent. I am considering looking into Cambodian and Malayalam because of the script and grammar :geek: and Georgian because I'm always thinking about Georgian verbs :ugeek:

I hope I can contribute to the community, as well as further my studies in whatever languages I end up learning next.
3 x

Striver
Languages: English

Postby Striver » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:43 am

Hello everyone. I hope you're doing well. I like how serious and accomplished the members of this forum are so I was encouraged to sign up. :D
3 x

Kamille
Languages: English (N)

Postby Kamille » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:55 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Kamille, and I'm from the Philippines.

I know how to speak Tagalog and English but I'm not confident speaking the latter.

I wanted to learn how to speak Spanish, Japanese, Korean and French and planning to travel in those countries.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm excited to learn new things in this group.

:D
4 x

tibbles
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1), Mandarin (B2), French (B1), Korean (A2)

Postby tibbles » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:30 pm

Hi everyone, tibbles here - the same name I used in HTLAL. I had not visited HTLAL since like 2015 or so. Feeling nostalgic, I looked in on it today and then came over here and registered. Not much has been going on for me language wise. I might start working on French again in the near future. I am happy to see several users here that were at HTLAL all those years ago, and I look forward to reading up on people's progress, especially in the language logs.
3 x

Mr Greg
Languages: English

Postby Mr Greg » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:26 am

Hello everyone!

I am Greg, currently a teacher based in Hong Kong.

Hope to add some input and value to the forum!
3 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”