What is real language?

General discussion about learning languages
Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: What is real language?

Postby Iversen » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm

aokoye wrote:Perfect - meet me at the bar after performance one of three of Mahler's 2nd Symphony this evening :D

Who would be mad enough to play Mahlers 1½ hour long second three times in one evening?
0 x

aokoye
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), German (~C1), French (Intermediate), Japanese (N4), Swedish (beginner), Dutch (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19262

Re: What is real language?

Postby aokoye » Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Iversen wrote:
aokoye wrote:Perfect - meet me at the bar after performance one of three of Mahler's 2nd Symphony this evening :D

Who would be mad enough to play Mahlers 1½ hour long second three times in one evening?

Haha - no one that I know thankfully. I can't imagine that the union that the members of the Oregon Symphony and their subs are in would allow it actually (they called in almost all of their subs and we ended up with, among other numbers, 12 horns and 9 double basses). We performed it Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Our dress rehearsal was on Friday instead of Saturday morning/afternoon because as you said, an hour and a half of Mahler times two? Bad plan.
0 x
Prefered gender pronouns: Masculine

Return to “General Language Discussion”